Training Day 1/2

Shingeki No Kyojin -Our Story.

[Mary's POV]

An annoying alarm rang from outside the cabin, meaning it was time to quickly get dressed and start training. I open my eyes but everything is black."Huh..". I reach my hand up to my face and pull the thin blanket off my face. My eyes are met with an annoying glare from the sun peaking in through the cabin door. I clench my eyes closed as they start to ache. "Ugh..Stupid sun." I mutter to myself with a sleepy voice. I look to my right , and watch as the two girls on the other bunk started to get out of bed. A silent annoyed sigh escapes my mouth as I get out of my bed. Grabbing the suitcase from under my bed, I start to change into my uniform.

 

[Zen's POV]

As Zen awakened, she heard the other girls rustling to get changed. She thought she might as well wait till the cabin was empty so she could change. As the other two girls left, Mary was the only one still getting ready. Zen sighed and started getting changed. She was already very flat and her body didn't have many curves so she didnt feel like a normal girl changing with another girl. She buttoned up her white shirt and zipped up her white pants. She swiftly put on her jacket, belts and lastly her boots. As she hopped off the top of the bed, she landed in a cool way, unintentially. As she left she looked past Mary, she was kinda cute which made Zen feel a bit self conscious but she shook it off and headed outside. The sun shined bright and reflected nicely off her hair and eyes. As she walked to get in the training circle, she was greeted by her newly appointed "fanclub" and she just gave a slight wave. Connie snarled. "dude you have fans already?" "Wont come in handy unless you can actually fight" he gave a quiet smirk. Jean hurried up and tried to compete with Eren. Zen stood there and took her deep breathes. "she better hurry up".

 

[Mary's POV]

I slip both my arms through my jacket and do up the buttons. I was the last one in the cabin. "If I keep this up, I'm going to fall behind and be looked at as if I'm weak." i said in my thoughts. I let my hands brush through my hair to make sure that it was smooth. Rubbing my eyes free of any sleep dust, I exit through the door and walk to the training spot, a bit late. I keep my head down and stand randomly beside people, avoiding their gazes. The general upfront starts to speak. "For your first day of training, were going to have to go easy on all of you. We shall start off with some stretches.". Many people sighed from the idea, but I didn't really care. No matter what, we had to do it. This is what we had been signed up for. There was no backing out now over a few exercises. We started with some easy stretches.

 

 

[Zen's POV]

Stretches? Really? Well i guess its ok for a start. As she could feel the fangirls about to ask her to be their stretching partner she turned and headed next to Mary. "Wanna be partners?" She said softly. Zen felt a bit akward, but she didn't come off as awkward. Zen hadn't worked with anyone in a very long time. They both sat on the ground and stretched out their legs. Left for ten seconds, right for ten seconds.. Then they had to push on the back of th. e other person. Zen gently pushed mary forward so she could stretch further down. This seemed so weird, she didn't know anything to say but she knew she had to trust these people in a do or die situtation. "What's your name?" Zen said softly avoiding eye contact, not cause she was afraid but cause she was nervous to actually speak with someone.

 


                                                                                                        [Mary's POV]

The blue hair and gold eyed girl from my cabin had asked to be partners with me. I didn't think that anyone would really want to pair up with. Unknowingly , i nodded my head. We began to stretch out our legs on the ground. There was silence between us, but i didn't mind. Because this is how most of my life was. Silent. I was pretty much used to it. I helped her stretch by pushing her back and letting her get a better stretch. She did the same for me. I was a bit awkward from this tiny contact. Never have i really done this before. "What's your name?" She asks suddenly. I bite down on my lip and panic. I can already feel my throat clenching and i know i will never get the words out. An idea pops inside my head. "Aha!" I think to myself as i look down at the dirt covered ground. I start to write my name on the dirt. "M...a...r...y". After I'm done writing in the dirt, i try talking, even though its hard to. "W-what's y-your name." I say, already regretting it. My voice comes out almost as a whisper. I mentally slap myself across the face. I swiftly look around to see if anyone had heard.

 

                                                                                                       [Zen's POV]

 

 Zen smiled on the inside. She could tell that this girl was very reserved, kinda like herself. Zen hunched down, and also wrote her name in the dirt. "Z.. E.. N"  She looked back at Mary. This girl had already intrigued her, so it'd be best to learn more about her. As the stretching time ended, the general called certain groups of people to start testing the 3DMG. We had already done our balance test the day before. Zen was in the first group while Mary was in the 2nd. Zen started to attach the different belts and fixtures around her legs. The 3DMG felt weird but she knew it would become a second skin to her when she had to fight. The first group was sent to test the stability of the gear and its reaction time. Zen clicked the handle and she sped off into the air, attaching herself to nearby trees and she cut some of test dummy titans. She cut its head of completely. The crowd clapped in amazement. She landed lightly on her feet and the next trainee went.
  

[Mary's Pov]

As soon as we were done stretching, we were sent to the woods to test out the 3DMG. Zen was in one of the first groups to test theirs out first. She clicked the button and sped off soon. As if the titan dummy was made out of butter, Zen sliced its head off completely. Tons of people gasped. Even the General was shocked. All of the others in Zen's group hardly made a dent in those dummies. Everyone clapped for Zen, and her fan girls were blown away. I on the other hand was amazed. I don't think i ever will have the strength to do that. Next it was my groups turn to give the 3DMG a try. I quickly slipped the gear on and took a breath in to calm myself down. I was a nit nervous but i kept my cool. I closed my eyes tight and pressed the button. Shooting up high in the sky, i start to twirl downward, other top of the titan dummy. The slice of my swords cut the titans head only half way off. Hitting the ground, i sigh disappointed a bit. It wasn't that good of a slice. Not as good as Zens. But still, it was a lot better than everyone in my group. Some people clap for me, but I avoid their attention. "Good job!" some people said. "Wait..what's her name?". "Hmm.. never really noticed her before.". "How come she always has her hair in her face?". I heard lots of people start to talk about me. Feeling overwhelmed by the attention of complete strangers, I start to lower my head and hide behind my long locks of hair.

[Zens POV]

 A faint clapping could be heard. The group turned to see it was Zen. "Good work there Mary". Zen's voice confident and praising."You hear that? Its MARY remember it~"  Some girls got jealous of her getting praise from Zen. While Zen walked past Mary to the next training area, she whispered, " Blow these fools minds, i know you got it in you". At the next area, the trainees had to figure out what to do, incase their gear was broken. Zen was thrown into a cornered ally and had a big titan blocking her view. The titan was string controlled and if you were caught you were considered "dead". As the titans hand sung towards Zen. she swiftly took one of the blades, climbed up the titans gigantic arm and with one swoop, cut its head clean off.. As the test ended the general was writing his notes on every trainee. "Zen, A very quick thinker, he has smart choices when it comes to titan fighting and i havent seen anyone this skilled since mikasa or levi". Zen wiped the blade clean and place it back with the broken equipment. The rest of the team ended up getting caught, because they panicked.  "Next team" The general said. "If you can't even beat this dummy, then this training will just be a huge waste". A rather ineresting way to inspire the trainees. 

[Mary's POV]
A shocked expression washed over my face, as she had stood up for me. A bit of warmth filled , my heart from the words she had said to me. "Blow these fools away, i know you got it in you". Just from hearing those words, a bit of courage filled within my soul. "I will!." i said in my thoughts, not knowing of my funny facial expression that came with them.  Her fangirls had given me mean and annoyed stares. but i didn't pay attention to them. Next we were put to another test. A test where we had to kill the titans if our 3DMG was broken or out of gas. Many people stood confused, and tried to think it out. Out of no where, the mechanical titan swung for Zen. She jumped in the air and swiped that titan's head clear off. Another roar of applause errupted from everyone. I could see that the General was very impressed with Zen. After her other members had ended up getting caught, it was now my group's turn. While everyone started to get ready,  I closed my eyes and wished for the best. I went for the tree's and jumped from branch to branch to get an even higher view of the titans neck. Once i was up high enough, I looked down from the branch. I was really high up. 'Gulp'. I hadn't been the one to really be used to heights. My legs filled shakey and my heart was quivering a bit. "Just do it.. everything will be alright." I whispered to myself. After a few seconds..
I jumped down.
Once i had fallen closer to the titan's neck i slashed my sword , Making a deep cut. Finally i landed to the ground, feeling quite exhausted. The generel started to mark my efforts in his notebook, but i couldn't really tell what he was thinking. Only a few people clap for me, but i don't really care for reputation. I walk back to the line where the rest of my group stands, and suddenly feel a pain in my left arm. I touch where it hurts, and my hand is covered in blood. My eyes widen and my voice becomes stuck in my throat.

----- Sorry for the EXTREMELY LONG DELAY!!! We will try and upload more chapters ASAP :0 Thanks for reading!! -Mary