The Cadet Corps - Day 1

Shingeki No Kyojin -Our Story.

[Mary's POV]
There were tons of us, and we all stood in approximately ten separate lines.Alot of the people here looked about seventeen to even twenty years old, while i am only fifteen. And to make matters worse, i was some of the shortest people here. A man up front, General Shadis, walked down every line while eyeing everyone as he spoke the commands.Being in a daze, i didn't really pay attention to what he was saying. I stood in the second line, in the very front. I couldn't help but be nervous, so i left my hair dangle infront of my eyes. Hiding them. It was a scorching hot day, and having the general yell every word wasn't helping. The General started to walk down my row. Glare by glare, he finally stopped right infront of me. Without saying a word, i look up at him, my bangs falling out of my eyes. He gives a shocked look and starts walking, pretending he didn't see anything. Well, atleast i wasn't one of the people he yelled at. A sigh escaped my lips and i let my hair fall into my eyes once again.

 

[ Zen's POV]

What the hell was i thinking? Zen thought as she stood tall ,the sun blindng her. "Its fricking hot out here" She thought to herself. As the general kept yelling at weaker soldiers, he finally made eye contact with Zen. He stopped for a second. He noticed her eyes were gold. "You! What's wrong with your eyes boy!?"  Ah boy, funny he cant tell im a girl. "Nothing sir, but may i ask the same with yours?" Zen said with a soft hard tone. He got mad and got in her face. "oh son you dont wanna make me mad, its already the temperature of hell out here" The longer Zen stared at him the more he started to break his eye contact. "You better fight as well as you talk back" One of the other generals came up and informed him about Zen. Others were whispering "wow, he has balls to say that to him" "wow he is really cool!" "what a hottie!~". Zen kept her posture and sighed. Unbelievable. Such a fuss over one little comment.  As the general finsihed barking at everyone the groups were assigned cabins. "Hmm it seems we have an extra boy  and not enough girls so YOU" He pointed at Zen, "you'll have to make due in the girl's cabin, but dont get any wise ideas." Zen sighed to herself. Guess it was kinda her fault she put her gender down as male. But it makes sense to her.  Some other girls were happy about it though. It seemed Zen had already become popular amongst most of them. "I want you all to go eat and get to bed, training starts early tommorrow". As the Generals left, everyone wanted to get to the hall , and Zen made sure she wasnt around anyone. She didnt really favor human contact.


[Mary's POV]
I entered my new cabin and set my luggage on the first bed i saw. There were two bunk beds, and i chose the one on the right. The bottom half of the bunk. I sit down on the bed and look at the door. Two others enter the room. One tall girl with brown hair and freckles, and the other girl had blonde hair and blue eyes. She was much smaller than the girl infront of her. Before they could look at me, i spun my head around and pretended to unpack my luggage. People i didn't know made me nervous. Plus i wasn't quite the talker either. The two girls took the bunk on the left. The brown haired girl took the top bunk, while the small blonde took the bottom. A bit of releif escaped me."Atleast i don't have to share with anyo-" My thoughts were cut off as someone else had entered the room. I look at the door. A tall figure with blue hair and gold eyes stood in the doorway. Someone who was different...just like me.

 

[Zen's POV]

As Zen entered she sighed a bit to herself. She hadn't been in contact with others in about four years. As she got to the only avaible bed she threw the suitcase up on the top, and headed back out to the food hall. Boys were racing and pertending to swings swords.  As Zen entered and got a tray she looked around. She could tell people were looking at her, adn whispering. As she got a small piece of bread and a small portion of soup she went and sat at an empty wooden table. Suddenly a few girls rushed her and sat next to her. "So Zen-kun, what was it liking facing that scary general guy?" "You looked super cool talking up to him" "What your favorite food?" "what's your type?" "oh my gosh Mina! i cant beleive you said that out loud". Zen tried to ignore them and she continued to eat. Even being ignored was enough for those ditzy girls. The boys across the way were of course jealous. "He says one thing to the General and suddenly every girl wants him?" Connie sighed. "Just hope he can actually fight". "Are you still hungry Zen? you can have mine? im supposed to lose weight! "oh my gosh you arent even fat".  Zen sighed and wished this endless chatter would end.

 

[Mary's POV]

I head into the cafeteria and looked at the food being served. Bread and something that must have been soup. I wasn't feeling very hungry, so I decided to take an apple instead. I walk over to a more secluded area in the room and took a seat. There was much chatter coming from both sides of the room, more than I could handle. I let my bangs cover my eyes while I look around the room. My eyes spot the blue haired person from before. The person was being chatted to from alot of girls, and looked pretty annoyed. I sighed. People are so blind these days. They never observe. I know that it was a girl, because there was no sign of a adams apple anywhere on that girls neck. Ordinary people leave me dumbfounded most times. I took a bite of my apple and swallowed it. I would rather eat a thousand apples than eat what is being served. I start to examine the girl more closely. Mom was right.. There are people who are different too. To my right, a fight starts. I look over to where the fight is, but a crowd is already formed around them and I can't see. All I can hear are two boys voices, yelling at each other. I shrug it off and take another bite of my apple.

 

[ Zen's POV]

It seemed a sudden burst of yelling came from two boys across the dining hall. One was short, was doing most of the yelling and was very persistant about whatever he was yelling about. The other one was tall, and put on a non intimated face towards the other boy. Zen looked over at them. Wonder what there problem is? Boys i could never figure out, even though ive been mistaken for one my whole life. As one of the girls broke up their fight, Zen glanced over at the girl she saw briefly before she left the cabin. She was just eating her apple and keeping to herself. As Zen took her attention back to her food she didn't feel quite hungry anymore. She got up and headed back to her cabin. "Are you ok Zen? You feeling ok? you didn't eat much!" Zen nodded and told them not to worry about it. They seemed worried even more. As Zen headed back she looked up at the already darkened sky. The air was cool and crisp. "From here on out, its gonna be nothing but hell, i can feel it".

 

 

[Mary's POV]

Dinner was finally over, and everyone started to exit the cafeteria. I stood up from my lonely table and decided to headout the door. Outside, the stars were twinkling in the sky and the moon felt so close to the ground that i could touch it. A cool breeze blows my hair and gently hits my cheek. I stare into the sky for a bit until I start making my way to the cabin.

I enter the cabin and quickly climb into my bed. Pulling the sheets and very thin wool blanket over my body, i hide underneath them. Never have I shared a room with anyone before. I could admit, I was quite afraid. Familiar voices fill the room and i gold my breath. They were of the two girls from earlier. A feeling of fear creeps up my spine and my throat clenches. I just want to disappear. I start to silently cry myself to a gentle sleep. The room soon falls silent.