New day (2/2)

Shingeki No Kyojin -Our Story.

10154788_230626290479280_245322934_n.jpg

As Zen was heading down to the local town she took heavy sighs. This trip wasn't for much but going this long way was getting old. She wanted something new to do, something to take her mind off the last four horrible years she's had. As she was walking down this dirt road she noticed a house far off in the distance. It was a pretty nice house, and pretty big. She kept looking over at it as she walked. She noticed a figure standing in the window. She kept on walking ahead. As she walked she smelled a sweet aroma and at the same time heard a loud chiming bell. It was a weird combo, something told her today wasn't going to be as ordinary as she had once thought. As she got down into the town she noticed some people heading through in a straight line, riding horses and some were walking. Some looked injured and all of them kept their head down. These people have seen stuff, normal people couldn't even stomach. As she reached her destination she was looking through the store and picked out the few items she needed. As she headed out a large crowd was around this one tall Soldier. He had flyers and he had been trying to flag down young teenagers. "Wonder what that's all about.?"

 

The door suddenly opened up and I turned my head to look. it was aunt Vi, holding two rolls of black and blue fabric and a sack that must have held many different threads. Without saying a word, I head up to her and take the heavy objects from her hands. "Thanks. I felt like my arms were going to fall off" she said, rubbing her sore arms. She must have carried them all the way home. "Can you take those to my room please, Mary?". I nodded my head and quickly made my way up the stairs. I opened the door to her room and walked in. The room was filled with many different fabrics, and clothing that were on manikin. She had been working on a long red coloured dress for awhile now, and it was turning out pretty great. I set the two fabrics onto her desk and stood back. There was something I hadn't noticed that was wedged in between the two fabrics. I pulled it out. "A uniform?" I thought to myself. I grab the clothing and started to unfold them. White pants, a white blouse, brown boots and matching brown jacket. What would she be doing with all of this? Thousands of questions filled my mind. I turn the jacket around looked at the symbol. There were two swords on a coat of arms. My eyes widen. Is this for.. I stand in my own confusion. Suddenly the door opens, and reveals Aunt Vi. "I guess you found it." She laughs. "Congratulations Mary.You are finally of age to become one of the cadet corps.". I turn around and look at Aunt Vi, confusion in my eyes. She laughed. "You had told me you wanted to become apart of the Scout legion, yes. Well, today when i was walking back from the market, they were recruiting people to join the cadets. And i thought. now that you were of age, why not?". I stood in shock. That bittersweet happiness filled my heart. I looked down at the jacket and ran my hand over the print. I didn't know if i was ready for this. But something told me , i have to be. A faint "Thank you" escapes my mouth. Aunt vi laughs. "I haven't heard your voice in a while. You should speak up more, okay?... You should get packing. A carriage will arrive tomorrow in the morning for you. You have to wake up extra early.". I nodded my head and quickly made my way out of the room. I closed the door behind me and lean on it. I held my hand over my heart. There was a feeling of hope inside. A feeling i have forgotten.

 

As Zen watched the man flag down other young people, she sighed. It seems like a recurting act. Getting the youth to risk their own lives so the scared people of the town dont have to. As she walked by the man he stopped her. "Ah you young lad, you look sharp! How about joining the Corps? 3 meals a day, lots of exercise and outdoor fun!" "You'll make new friends and lots of memories." As Zen sat there listening to his dribble she sighed and spoke softly. "Has it ever occured to you, that people dont want to be titan food?" As she said that the man stood stunned. What he said was basically a soft cover up of what really happens. 3 square meals? That in itself was impossible, seeing as the percentage of food has dropped in the past couple years there wouldn't be enough. Exercise and outdoor fun?  Yes grueling work out in the god forsaken sun and the hours of sweat and heatstroke seem so much fun. And lastly. Friends? Memories.? That was the biggest load she had ever heard. People die faster then you can remember their own names. People who came back from this still have night terrors. She walked on past him "Thanks but im not buying that."  Another man in a corp suit blocked her path and spoke. "I can see you are actually aware of the risk, but that makes you that much more reliable." "you dont seem very afraid of the risks, you just dont intend on being apart of them". Zen looked up at the man. He wasnt as weak as the one earlier. "So, whats your sales pitch?"  Zen said with a hard tone. "Frankly i dont have one, i know it'd be a shame not to have someone with the mind set you have in the Corps." Flattery? Really? its an old technic yeah but it seemed he was at least serious about what he said. "I can tell by your posture, your facial expression and your tone that you've had a not so ordinary past and i believe it'd be put to good use here." "But that is your own call" He turned and walked away. Zen sat there thinking it over. Well i did ask for something different. Not the same old hum drum life. "Where do i get fitted?" The man turned around and smirked. "Follow me."