First Kiss (Woohyun)

Steps TO your HEART

Both of them coincidentally wore a matching denim jacket, had a beanie, and fake glasses on. When they met in the late evening after Woohyun’s schedules, both their reaction was to laugh hysterically at each other. “You must be cold, right?”Was what he said after managing to calm down after laughing. She nodded with a pout and showed Woohyun her pale, small hands, “Warm me up!” she said. Taking her cold hands in his, he raised her hands towards his face and blew his breath onto her hands. She giggled at the feeling; he pulled away, and gave her a kiss on the forehead. “Ready to go? I wanna bring you somewhere special today.”

‘Somewhere special’ turned out to be the family restaurant that Woohyun’s brother, Boohyun owned, and where his parents work. The reason why Woohyun wanted to bring her there was partly because he missed his parents, and besides, they needed to meet the girl who completely stole his heart. And today, he decided to give both parties a surprise. Arriving in front of the restaurant and entering the door, he saw his parents and brother in the midst of clearing up. “Sorry we’re closed!”His mom replied without looking at the door. “Umma! It’s me! Woohyunnie!” At the sound of his voice, his mom turned around and ran towards him, giving him a warm hug. He waved to his brother and his father gave him a warm smile, still continuing with cleaning up. “And who do we have here?”Woohyun’s mom asked him with a twinkle in her eyes.

Meanwhile, in a state of shock was his girlfriend, who was frozen and absolutely mortified in the presence of his parents. Her mind was blank and all she could think of was ‘What should I do? What should I do? What should I do?’ Realizing that she was being spoken to, she immediately snapped out of her daze, did a 90 degree bow, and introduced herself. “Annyeonghaseyo, _____-imnida. Woohyun is my girlfriend.”

“Eh?”As if on cue, everyone burst out in laughter at what she said. Running her words through her mind again, she realized her mistake and secretly chided herself for screwing up. Laughing awkwardly to hide her embarrassment, what she really wanted to do was to dig a hole and hide herself in it. Woohyun finally stopped laughing enough to correct her cute mistake. “I think she meant that she’s my girlfriend. She’s the one I’ve been telling you guys about for the past few months.” Woohyun replied with a smile, subtly taking her hand in his in the process and giving it a small squeeze. “
‘A few months? But we’ve only been dating for around a month…’she thought, smiling to herself when she finally understood what he meant, and she calmed down a little. ‘At least they know a little about me.’ Looking at her from top to toe, Woohyun’s mom had a satisfied smile on her face. “Aigoo, our son has such a cute and pretty girlfriend!” Taking _____’s hands in hers, she pulled them to a table near the window. “Sit down! You must be hungry! Let me prepare a meal for the both of you!”_____ couldn’t help but smile at the warmth of Woohyun’s family. ‘I could get used to this.’ She thought to herself.

Halfway through the meal, Boohyun joined them. Popping open a can of cider, he began to grill the couple with questions regarding their relationship. Woohyun answered all questions confidently, and his girlfriend was getting past her shyness to open up more to the outgoing Boohyun. But that was until Boohyun asked a question which stumped both of them, that both of them were silent. Both of them were blushing shyly, not looking at each other.
“What is this? Nam Woohyun! Are your ears turning red?”Boohyun’s slapped his brother on his back.
“I never thought this day would come. So, answer me! Have you kissed yet? Don’t tell me you haven’t kissed yet.”Feeling awkward, _____ decided to excuse herself to the washroom. While she was gone, Woohyun hit his brother on the back.
“Yah! Hyung! You embarrassed her! Yeah we haven’t kissed yet, so what! I don’t want to rush it!” His brother raised his hands in defeat. “Okay… Okay… Chill, Woohyun! I was just trying to break the ice with _____.” Turning his facial expression into a mischievous grin, he nudged Woohyun. “When you do, I want alllllll the details.”That earned him another slap on the back.

The dinner ended pretty uneventfully, and soon, Woohyun was holding his beloved’s hand, walking her home. Thinking about his brother’s words, he was fretting over what he should do. Unbeknownst to him, the same thing was on her mind. They didn’t talk much on the way home, but enjoyed each other’s company. When they finally reached her doorstep; he kissed her forehead as usual, then tapped his cheek cheekily, expecting a kiss in return. What he got was more than he bargained for. Tipping her toes, she leaned in, and gave him a peck on his lips, Feeling shy, she immediately turned around to open the door and was about to step in when Woohyun grabbed her hand, pulled her towards him and kissed her fully on the lips. Recovering a little from the shock, she kissed him back, both hearts beating fast, both lips slowly backing away and pulling into a smile.