THREE

Cheesier than Cheesecake

*Daehyun’s POV*

 

What’s Junhong got to do with her? Are they related? Perhaps she’s his noona who made the best cheesecake I’ve had in my life? Hmmm.. I’ve got to find out.

 

“junhong-ah, is the clumsy girl your noona?” I tiptoed while whispering to him. Damn! This boy is blessed with height.

 

Junhong nodded while a proud smile on his face. But soon his proud smile turned into an evilish smile which I know so well and yep.. I was right.

 

“Wae hyung?! She’s pretty, yea?!” he asked while playfully wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Aish! This kid! Can he not give malice to my question?

 

“YAH! It was a Yes or No question. Never mind!” I blurted to his face and went out. I need some fresh air and I need to know who she is too!

 

“aaaaaaaaahhh.. finally some fresh..” wait.. is that her under the shade of my favourite tree? Should I go up to her and try to start a conversation? Should I just stay here and admire the sight of her petite figure and her hair flowing smoothly with the breeze? The peaceful image of her resting under the shade caught me off guard.. but, is she sobbing? Is she okay?? Should I really approach her? Oh well.. here goes nothing..

 

*AUTHOR’s POV*

 

“I’ve had enough embarrassment today. I should get out and breathe in some fresh air.” Hyeonji said to herself as she got out of the hall and found herself a shade to rest under. As soon as she sat, thoughts of Hyunwoo started to drown her.

 

“Why is he like that? Am I not enough? Am I not pretty enough? Am I not caring enough? Am I too strict on him? What did I do wrong for him to cheat? Was it really my fault? I thought he was the one but..”

 

Tears started to roll down her cheeks. She’s trying hard not to breakdown so she’s sobbing terribly.

 

“Choi Hyeonji, Choo Hyunwoo is a bastard! You should forget him and go on with your life. Long distance relationships don’t last forever anyway. You should stop crying right now. The kids can’t see you like this. Junhong can’t see you like this!” she said to herself while getting up to find a familiar figure behind her.

 

“Are… you… okay?” Daehyun asked cautiously.

 

Hyeonji hurriedly wiped her wet cheeks. “Yes.. Yes.. I’m okay.”

 

“are you..”

 

“HYEONJI NOONA!!!! WE NEED TO GO HOME NOW!” Junhong screamed from the hall.

 

“Alright! I’m coming” She replied before facing Daehyun to give him a bittersweet smile before running towards the hall where her brother’s waiting.

 

“Aish! Good timing Junhong.. but atleast my question’s been answered.” Daehyun thought and let a smile creep in his lips.