TWO

Cheesier than Cheesecake

A few minutes later, we reached Queso Classica and the glorious smell of cakes welcomed us.

 

I always love going  here. I love helping chef Taec in the kitchen.  Junhong also loves to go here bacause he can eat till he drop as long as dad's not around. He's quite spoiled by the staff since he showers them his aegyo to get what he wants.

 

"Oh! Hello there.." Chef Taec blurted as he went out of the kitchen and I saw his wide teasing grin. Oh no! Don't call me that!

"MIDGET!" he quirkily whispered to my ear and quickly ran away since he knows I'll slap him hard.

 

Oh how I hate to be called a midget! I AM NOT A MIDGET! Well.. when I'm between him and my brother I admit I do look like one. But still.. I AM NOT A MIDGET! I have to get back at him.. ha! I have a plan!

 

"AHJUSSI!!!!!!" I shouted at his direction. He looks cute when a frown started to grow on his face.

"annyeong~" I stopped in front of hm before making my way to the kitchen like a boss. I peeked from the kitchen door to see his sturdy figure doing tantrums like a 5-year-old kid. HAHAHA! You reap what you sow, oppa!

 

Okay. Playtime is over. Let's get to work!

 

Junhong and Taec oppa entered the kitchen a few minutes after I did. Oppa started pulling out baking stuff and laying ingredients on our work table. We don't talk too much when we make cakes. We all know what to do when we're in the kitchen since this has been our weekly routine ever since mom died three years ago.

 

We finished our cake rather early today. We left the rest of the work to Chef and headed out to sit on our favorite spot. Dad designed one of the shop's corners and placed two customized beanbags when we were little. I remember mom laying Junhong down and I would sneakily pinch his cheeks when he falls asleep. I would watch him sleep while mom's in the kitchen. Mom loves to bake. She is actually the reason why dad ventured out to this kind of business.

 

*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT* *BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT* 

 

The vibration of my phone woke me up. Oh goodness! Where is my phone? Oh.. there//

 

FROM: UNKNOWN

TO: Choi Hyeonji

 

" Hyeonj-ah! It's me, Mijeong! How have you been? I haven't heard of you since I moved here in London. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Haven't you heard of SNS? You should try to explore things sometimes you know?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Anyway, you're still with Choo Hyunwoo right? I know it's not pleasing for my first message to you be like this but.. you have to know. I saw Hyunwoo dating another girl here. When I first saw them at a neighborhood park, I thought they were just relatives so I just let it off.. but I saw them a few times already and I just saw them at the same park almost making out earlier. T_T Sorry bestie. Be strong okay? Call me whenever you need me. I need to sleep now. Take care of yourself..

 

PS: I know you won't believe me so here.. I took photos."

 

 

My world stopped when I read her message and saw those photos. I zoomed each photo a countless times. It really is CHOO HYUNWOO! 

 

I know I can trust Mijeong. She's my bestfriend ever since grade school. But i really can't believe that my boyfriend would take advantage of the distance and cheat on me. How could he? We were so happy for almost three years now. But I guess we won't be celebrating a 3rd year anniversary. I blanked out. I was drowned in my own thoughts.

 

*JUNHONG'S POV*

 

I went to get the cakes from the counter while noona was taking a nap and now she's staring blankly into space? Am I really that slow to walk? hmmm..

 

I approached noona since we have to go. The kids are waiting for us. I waved at her face but I got no reaction. I snapped at her but still.. no response.

How will I get her attention? Ah! I know..

I started to tickle her sides since I know she'll not be able to resist it. YES! It worked! hehe :3

She looked at me but i know her mind is still out the window.

 

"Noona, are you okay?" I tried to comfort her with a hug and i felt her body trembling. Something really bad happened. I know her very well. I need to know what caused her to be in this state.

"Do you have the cakes? Let's just walk going there since it's just a few blocks away. Let's go~" she suddenly stood up and tried to put on a smile. She tried to assure me with her enthusiastic look that she's fine but she can't fool me. I know she's not.

I'll get her to spill it out later when we get home. I can't bare to see my noona in pain.

 

 

*YOUR POV*

I pulled by brother's hand and started to walk down Seoul's busy street.

 

Thoughts we're suddenly flying around my mind. I know I should break up with Hyunwoo but.. ugh! I don't know. I don't know what to do. If only mom was here..

 

"HYEONJI UNNIE!"

I broke away from my thoughts when a little girl started to run towards me and bumped me for a big and warm hug. "This is what I needed. A warm hug from a smiley little kid." I thought to myself before kneeling down to give her a proper hug.

 

"Hello Mimi! How have you been?" I cupped her tiny face and asked. She nodded and I know she's fine.

"We've brought some cakes for you. Junhong oppa must've brought it inside." I saw her smile widen at the sound of the word cake. She was like an angel. So cute!

"Where are the other kids? and where did Junhong go?!" I asked in curiousity since we are usually greeted by 5 or more kids at the gate when we arrive but this time it's only Mimi.

Mimi pointed at the open hall where all the kids are gathered. There's music and the sweet laughter of the kids can clearly be heard. I saw my brother there too. It's quite easy to find him since he's tall and his hair color stands out.

I took Mimi's hands and we walked towards the hall. When I was about to enter, I was taken aback by what I saw. It's not that I haven't seen guys do charity work but.. why is this image so captivating?

 

 

I was so into what my eyes are seeing that I tripped and fell on my face. OH HOW EMBARASSING! I literally face palmed myself.

 

In just a few seconds, I felt my brother and some other men helping me up. It really is embarassing that I don;t even want to open my eyes and see the kids all looking at their clumsy noona/unnie.

 

"Are you okay?" the guy holding my left arm asked. Wait! Is he.. Is he the one I'm looking at from afar earlier? What should I do??

I shyly nodded and he gave me a smile before letting go of my arm and heading back to play with the kids. I turned to my right and saw Junhong grinning at me like a fool. I know he's got something.

 

"YAH CHOI JUNHONG! Stop looking at me like that!" I poked his nose and he left me still grinning.

 

 

"CHOI HYEONJI, You just introduced yourself embarassingly." I whisphered to myself and looked for Cham unnie.

 

 

 



Am I the only one who thinks the photo of Daehyun with the kid looks so angelic? 

goodness Jung Daehyun.. <3

 

I'll try to do double updates everyday. Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions on the comment box below.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! <3