Take Taehyung for example

Paper cranes

Hoseok didn’t like overcomplicating his life and his life choices. He came to understand from a very young age that most of his fate has already been decided not by him only because he was born in a rich family. It was unbearable at first, he felt like he had something really precious stolen from him – his freedom, but looking it from another point of view it wasn’t really like this. The more he went outside and met different people, the more he was determined to embrace his fate and try live his life to the fullest, because only focusing on the negatives – the harder and more complicated education, the restrictions and rules, wasn’t going to get him anywhere. As days passed he only focused on how blessed he was to have two parents and a roof over his head and even if it meant for him to seal away some childish dreams, he didn’t mind. He was going to do it for all those who weren’t fortunate to be in his place.

Take Taehyung for example. Hoseok probably won’t ever forgive himself for never seeing beyond his everlasting beaming and infectious smile. Sure, it was obvious how he wasn’t the most social person, he was rather awkward, yet whenever he smiled it felt like it wasn’t just a movement of his lips curling and his teeth showing, rather his whole body smiled in such a welcoming way you could never guess what was hidden behind it. He could now explain why was at times Taehyung so socially clumsy – because of his quarrels with his father and the occasional wounds here and there he avoided communicating a lot with his classmates, mainly because he didn’t want them to find out. Taehyung was fully himself only around Hoseok and the latter always felt bad for realizing it so late. After the night of his fifteenth birthday and seeing yet another side of the world he was living, Hoseok never once complained when his parents were too strict or when the teachers demanded too much. If Taehyung could hold it in and not say anything about his inner and outer aches, so could Hoseok. And ironically after that night the older grew to appreciate the existence of his best friend next doors a lot more and small urges to make the other feel better and take care of him became a daily part of his life. So, you could say that Taehyung just as equally occupied Hoseok’s mind.

 

“Have you thought about what are you going to do next year?” Hoseok asked one afternoon, when both of them were trying to study in Taehyung’s room until his father came back home.

“For now I’m only trying to achieve good results for my diploma. But I’m probably going to skip a year or two and work full-time. I firstly just want to move out and settle down, then think about university and such. And you? Have you decided your final exams? You’ve been preparing for so many different subjects.”

“I don’t really need to think about it, I’m going to try for International Business, continuing the tradition in my household. But I’m worried Taehyung, why don’t you ever try and confront your father? You always obey and succumb to whatever his mood is and that is never in your favor. You’ve been working ever since you turned fifteen yourself and-“

“Stop it Hoseok, we’ve talked about this numerous times. He doesn’t hit me when he’s not drunk and he didn’t chase me out, didn’t he? He could’ve just put me in an orphanage after mom passed away, but didn’t.”

“And how does this justifies him treating you worse than an animal?! Fathers are not supposed to hit their kids in any state they are and it’s him who choose to drink and not just-“

“But I don’t know how father usual treat their children, so I can’t really compare with anyone, right? Whatever he has done, I still owe him half my life so don’t try to understand it since you simply can’t, and that’s normal. I’m just going to continue my education a year or two later and I don’t mind Hoseok. Who knows, someday I might run my own bakery and sell cakes all day long or just end up as an office worker somewhere. I haven’t thought that far yet.” Taehyung said with a calm voice, knowing that if he didn’t his friend would get all worried again. Hoseok realized that what he had said was insensitive and yet again he was proven that age doesn’t really have anything to do with maturity since he yet again felt Taehyung a lot more grown-up and rationally thinking than him.

“I’m sorry Taetae…”

“And you’re still calling me like this, isn’t that weird.”

“No.” Hoseok simply said and placed his head on Taehyung’s lap without asking. He could be eighteen, but trust him on falling asleep on his best friends lap as if it was the most comfortable place in the world. But maybe it was and frankly Taehyung didn’t mind at all.


A/N oh god I'm really sorry for spamming you with this double update ;u; I keep getting suprised at the response I'm getting and I feel bad for not giving back enough for you sweet comments and for also not giving the promt enough justice with my writing ;~; Really thank you a lot for giving this a chance and leaving comments ♥ More of an actual update, I wrote this focusing entirely on just Hoseok's feelings this time, as my last chapter was all about Taehyung. I'm trying to lay out a little bit more detailed what feelings go through their heads and hearts and in what kind of environment they are living in, etcetera, so I hope it is not too boring for now ;u; Okay i'm gonna shut up and star writing actual essays for school >->o

Let's end it with a cheesy gif of our two heroes ♥-♥