A rebellious heroine

Death's Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aejin bit her pen as she tried to focus on her quiz paper. Although she belonged in the top 30 of her batch, she happened to be lazy at times. She placed her pen on her table and glared at the professor who was busy with his phone and smiling idiotically. She rolled her eyes and whipered incoheren words - probably against the professor.

“Mr. Geum, why do you give quizzes like this?” she grumbled and pulled out a stick of bubble gum. She stuffed herself with three sticks of bubblegum and grumbled more. I couldn’t help but chuckle at her tiny reaction.

I’ve known this girl. She is witty, clever and smart. She is also pretty and had this big doll eyes, like mine. I used to hang out with this girl at a small club near our campus. In fact, I know all of the colors of her ! Although she had a face of an angel, she acted like a rebel. She would yell at students, who were rich, she would beat up people who bullies. She was the best.

Aejin sighed as she glanced outside. “Yah, it’s been exactly three years since you left.”

Again, she talked to herself. She would wallow at the loss of her friend. Sometimes, she would even cry.

Few minutes have passed until Mr. Geum finally ended with his phone call. “PASS!” he yelled. Everyone passed their papers forward and groan immediately. Seems like quizzes were torture to them.

The bell rung and most of the students were frantically running in the corridors. Few of them would meet up in the middle and act as if they haven’t met for years.

Aejin popped her bubblegum and stood up from her desk. Her best friend Junghee approached her and smacked her shoulder.

“LET’S GO TO THE CAFETERIA!” she boomed. Aejin wryly smiled as she smacked Junghee’s arm.

“Yeah, you sadist,” she mumbled. Junghee locked arms with her and marched towards the door.

But usually, before they could march away, Junghee would-

“OWW!” Junghee whimpered in pain as she clutched her toes. She jumped up and down with one leg. Aejin clutched her stomach as she laughed heartily.

She would trip.

“Damn, this stupid door!” she cursed. She tried to kick it but the pain only worsened. “AHH!”

Aejin chuckled again, but dragged her away from the classroom.

“You know, your stupidity level exceeds sometimes,” Aejin commented. Junghee only rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, yours, too,” she replied. Aejin chuckled and went to find a seat for them. Junghee, still pissed off from the incident earlier, sat down reluctantly. “I hate the architect for this school.”

“Now, now, don’t blame others for your mistakes,” Aejin grinned. Junghee looked at her, “You know, there are times when I don’t even know if you are sarcastic or not.”

“I just happened to be nice, that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter