3. Sniffles

Xiuhan Catboy Drabbles

Title: Sniffles
Rated: G
423 words

Minseok rolled over onto his back, his ears pressed unhappily into his hair as a whiny little mew escaped his thin lips, "Lu-ge... I'm sick." He said through a sniffle, rubbing over his reddened button nose with the back of his hand. Lu Han merely nodded his head in acknowledgement, sighing quietly as he tried spooning cough syrup into his kitten's mouth.

"I know that, Minseok. You'd get better if you'd just take your medicine." His kitten only responded by rolling onto his side away from Lu Han, those thin lips curled into a frowny pout, a clear indication that he wasn't going to take his medicine. Not easily, anyway. Lu Han sighed again. "Seokkie, it doesn't even taste bad. It's grape flavored~."

That elicited no response. 

His kitten was miserable.

Lu Han wasn't happy. ,

Another sniffle was heard from Minseok before he slowly turned around to see his Lu-ge, eyes glassy as he looked up at Lu Han. "Lu-ge... if I take it.. will you hug me?" Lu Han couldn't help but chuckle softly at the question, mentally congratulating himself in success.

"Of course I will." Lu Han nudged the syrup filled spoon closer to Minseok's lips in indication to open up. He did so reluctantly, his face contorting cutely in discomfort. With even more reluctance, he swallowed the foul tasting syrup before immediately making grabby hands at Lu Han. Lu Han smiled and wrapped his arms protectively around his kitten, pressing a kiss to his forehead. '"Thank you so much, my angel. It wasn't that bad, right?"

Minseok shook his head, nose rubbing Lu Han's neck when he did it. "No no, it was horrible. I thought I was going to die because it tastes like dirt and sadness. Do medicine companies even know what grapes taste like?" He says in a jumbled, muffled tiff of nonsense against Lu Han's shirt, tiny arms coming to wrap around Lu Han's torso. "Don't ever make me take it again."

Lu Han only laughed, shaking his head a little as he ran his hand soothingly over Minseok's back, attempting to calm his kitten, "Shh... it wasn't that bad, and it's over now anyway. You'll feel better again tomorrow. I promise." Lu Han pulled away to smile down at his Minseok, relishing the adorable expression painting his features. "And wanna hear a secret?"

The kitten tilt his head in confusion, blinking cutely before tentatively answering, "Yes..?"

"I would have hugged you even if you hadn't taken the medicine."

The look on Minseok's face was priceless.