Two Hearts, But Yours is Mine

Two Hearts, But Yours is Mine

It’s late at night when Kibum returns to the quiet dorm. Lately, there haven’t been more than 2 members of shinee in the dorm at any point in time especially since all five of them are occupied with individual schedules. With the date of Toheart’s first debut stage arriving in a few days, Kibum has been spending most of his time at the company practicing with Woohyun. Today is yet another day he has been cooped up in the practice room for longer than he wants to. Kibum is tired and needs a relaxing bath desperately so he can get a good night’s sleep and recharge himself for yet another round of practice when the sun rises. Still, the first thing Kibum does when he steps into the dorm is head straight to their living room where he knows Minho is.

“I’m home...” Kibum announces as he drops his exhausted body onto the black sofa and tilts his head back, eyeing the rapper (who is using his laptop on the massage chair) upside down, “What are you doing?”

Minho doesn’t reply but he does look up and even adjusts his position to acknowledge Kibum’s existence, albeit in a way that lets Kibum know Minho isn’t that happy to see him.

“You’re glaring at me.” Kibum points out as he rolls to lie flat on his stomach and rests his chin on his hands, so he can talk to Minho in a more comfortable position

“I am.” Minho doesn’t deny that he is indeed glaring at his boyfriend.

Kibum chuckles, “I’m guessing you’ve seen the news?”

Minho nods and adds, “The teaser video too.”

“Ah.”

“Is there anything else I should know of, Kibum?”

“Well, you might want to stay away from watching the music video.”

“And when will that be released?”

“It’s better if you don’t know.”

“I don’t want to be kept in the dark again.”

“Trust me, baby, you really wouldn’t want to see it.”

“How bad can it be?”

“Bad enough that you might once again threaten the life of my best friend?”

“Let’s be clear, I never did threaten Woohyun before. I was just playing with him when I held him by his shirt and told him never to call you his especially when I'm around.” Minho’s tone is serious, “He’s my friend too, Kibum.”

“Oh really?” Kibum swallows an obnoxious laugh, “That is brand new information!”

Minho narrows his eyes, “Look, if I really did have something against Woohyun, why would I even agree to be the emcee for your premiere showcase?”

“Right! About that...” Kibum straightens up and stares thoughtfully at his boyfriend, “What do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m just being a supportive bandmate?”

“Why do I feel like you have an ulterior motive?”

“You can think whatever you want, bum, nothing’s gonna change the fact that I’ll be the host.”

“Should I be worried?”

“I’ll be professional, don’t worry.”

Kibum sighs, “I’ll always worry when it comes to you, Minho.”

“I’m fine.”

“Are you really?”

“Yeah, I’ll support you wholeheartedly.”

“Will you?” Kibum has his doubts.

“Yes.”

“And you wouldn’t be jealous?”

Minho raises his eyebrows, “Is there a reason for me to be jealous?”

“No.”

“Exactly.”

“So why were you glaring at me in the first place?!”

“Because I’ve seen you countless of times and yet I’m the last to know about this… thing you have with Woohyun.” Minho states before he questions back, “How would you feel if you were in my position, bum?”

“Oh fine.” Kibum knows he’s a little at fault here and so he concedes, “What do I have to do to make you forgive and forget then?”

“Good question...” Minho his chin in thought, “What should you do...?”

Knowing Minho will definitely be up to no good when he has the upper hand, Kibum pushes himself off the sofa and walks to where Minho is sitting. As Minho looks up, Kibum takes away his laptop, places it safely on the couch and then positions himself on the massage chair too. He straddles Minho, sitting himself nicely on Minho’s lap with his knees bent on either side of Minho’s thighs and his hands locked behind his neck.

“Think carefully, Minho...” Kibum suggests, his fingers teasing the nape of Minho’s neck, “You only get one chance.”

Minho sneaks his hands under Kibum’s shirt and holds on to his boyfriend’s waist.

“You’re doing this on purpose, aren’t you?” Minho breathes out, “So I can’t think properly and make you do something you loathe?”

Kibum smiles until his eyes disappear into crescents, “Is it working?”

Minho is about to give a witty reply but his words catch in his throat when Kibum purposely moves those sinful hips of his and grinds down on him. And when Kibum then leans in and kisses the corner of his lips, Minho knows he’s a goner.

As Kibum continues teasing him with more kisses, Minho lets out a sigh (actually, a moan) and allows Kibum to work his magic on him.

“I’ll get you one day...” Minho mumbles.

“Sure you will.” Kibum smirks as his hand slowly travels down to Minho’s hips and slides under the band of his pants.

Once again, it’s just another night where Kibum ends up victorious and makes Minho forget about everything and anything that he can hold against him right there in their living room.

Thank god Jinki is halfway across the world, definitely better off surviving in the jungle of Brazil.

 

Toheart’s premiere showcase ends successfully but there’s hardly any time for celebration, or for that matter, catching up, when they’re due to attend yet another schedule together as a duo. Backstage, Minho can tell Kibum has something to say to him but Toheart’s manager is already whisking the subunit away towards the exit. And so, they quickly say their goodbyes and go their separate ways. It honestly bugs Minho that he is left curious about what Kibum wants to tell him. However, it doesn’t seem all that important since Minho doesn’t hear from Kibum for the rest of the day. Even when night falls, Kibum hasn’t contacted him and Minho naturally falls asleep as he lies in bed with nothing better to do.

Minho only realises he has fallen asleep when he jolts awake upon feeling someone shaking him. He opens his eyes with a start, struggling to adjust to the brightness of his room as his brain works furiously to understand the current situation, mostly trying to figure out what day and time it is. But before he can make sense of what is happening, he hears a voice right next to his ear.

“Are you really going to come visit?”

“What?” Minho manages to croak out as he naturally turns to the direction of the familiar voice, “Kibum? You’re back?”

“Yeah.” Kibum replies, sitting on the floor at Minho’s bedside, as he pats Minho’s face in an attempt to help wake his boyfriend up, “Are you awake enough to answer my question now?”

“What question?” Minho asks, puzzled, as he flips to lie on his side so he’s facing Kibum.

“Music shows.” Kibum states and repeats his question more clearly, “You said you will come and support us. Are you really going to?”

When he sees that Minho has fully woken up, Kibum remembers to add on, “And Music Core doesn’t count because you have to be there anyway.”

Minho smiles, doesn’t answer but ask instead, “What do you think?”

“You will.” Kibum answers confidently, “You came for my musical too.”

“Mmm…” Minho hums, his smile growing wider as he continues, “I guess you’ll just have to wait and see if you’re correct then.”

Kibum purses his lips, “I hate surprises.”

“Liar.”

In reply, Kibum simply pushes Minho hard enough for him to end up lying on his back once again.

“Go back to sleep.” Kibum orders as he gets up from the floor, “I’ll see you in the morning... that’s if you’re awake at 4.30am.”

“Another prerecording in the early morning?”

Kibum nods, having long accepted his fate as an artiste.

Minho sighs and sticks out his hand, “Pass me my phone, bum, I’ll set an alarm to have breakfast with you.”

Kibum smiles at Minho and then walks away, only stopping near the door as he reaches out to switch off the lights.

“Sleep well, baby.”

And before Minho can say anything, Kibum walks out and closes the door behind him, leaving Minho in complete darkness.

Minho understands this is Kibum’s way of telling him he doesn’t want him to wake up early just because of him. Still, that doesn’t stop Minho from pushing himself off his bed to grab his phone and set the alarm himself.

It’s not the first time he’s going against Kibum’s wishes anyway. Minho is definitely going to wake up at 4am and make sure he gets to have breakfast with his boyfriend.

 

Minho wakes up before his alarm rings. He is proud of himself, all ready to go through his morning routine before he surprises Kibum with breakfast in their dining room. But when he sees that the time on his phone is 7.30am, he gets a shock and literally jumps out of bed. Checking his phone, Minho realises that all three alarms have been turned off before any of them can even go off. He immediately speeds out of his room, wanting to check if Kibum has indeed left, but he doesn’t even need to open his room door to get the answer. There, stuck on the back of his door, is a post-it that instantly stops Minho from going anywhere.

Even before reading the message, Minho feels like the post-it is mocking him.

Slept well?

True enough, when he peels it off the door and reads the short message Kibum has left him, Minho can almost hear the smirk in his boyfriend’s question. It’s just two words with no emoticon whatsoever but Minho knows Kibum must be feeling so smug about the fact that he ruined Minho’s plans. Minho curses, unhappy that he has lost yet another round. But of course, Minho isn’t one to give up. He doesn’t know what exactly he’s going to do just yet but he is more than confident he’ll get his way with Kibum very soon.