1

Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miserably Krystal cried in her room after waking up from her nightmare. None comforted her, everyone was nowhere.

‘Why the world seems so silent? Is everybody gone already? Where are the people?’ she thought as she already could control her emotion.

At midnight, she got up from her bed and walked out of her apartment. She just realized that her apartment wasn’t her house anymore where all her family lived happily. They’re gone and now she just moved out from her old house just for one reason to move on from all the miserable things she had been through for being left by her family.

“Mom, dad, unnie, why? Why I still can’t move on? I’m miserably lonely without you guys, without anyone by my side. I miss you all...” she cried as she sat on a bench in the park that wasn’t far from her apartment.

Meanwhile, a college guy named Sehun was pedaling his bike almost passing the park after taking his night class but stopped as he noticed a crying girl was sitting alone in the park.

He was contemplating approaching the girl or not since he was just a stranger that was passing by, but he neither could imagine what would happen to her in this midnight if he left her alone there. So he decided to approach.

After parking his bike near the street he called the girl, “hey.”

And when his gaze met Krystal’s, Krystal jolted up due feeling shocked for meeting her childhood best friend and made her way to hug the frozen guy.

“Sehun...” sure she missed that guy after many years she left Seoul, left her best friend.

Sehun in the other hand still feeling confused, first because the girl in front of him just from nowhere knew his name. Second, this action made his heart beating a little faster.

Breaking the awkward moment, Sehun fixed his glasses and cleared his throat, “Hmm, b-but-” and suddenly his throat went dry and he couldn’t continue it since the girl had cried in his chest. Not having any other choice, he hugged the girl back and comforted her.

‘Maybe I’ve ever met this girl before...’

-----

“Kryssie! Let’s hang out somewhere! Come on!” said Sehun as he slammed the door of Krystal’s bedroom and pulled the blanket off from Krystal’s body.

“Ah, I’m still sleepy...” Krystal said as her back faced Sehun; ignoring him.

“Oh come on Jung, it’s a sunny day! Let’s eat ice cream!” whined Sehun while shaking Krystal’s shoulders.

“Aish why you’re here too? How did you *yawn* come in?” Krystal asked changing the topic while silently enjoying sleeping since Sehun had stopped shaking her body.

With an innocent grin Sehun answered, “Oh about that, I found it out in your purse.”

Then Krystal didn’t answer him anymore.

“Ah, you lazy ! Come on, we don’t have much time!”

“Yeah yeah wait.”

***

“Yah Sehun-ah! Why didn’t we take a cab instead of running?!”

“Nah I just want to enjoy the weather. Come on run or I’ll leave you!” shouted Sehun while started running; leaving Krystal behind.

“Wait!” ‘gladly I love you if not I’m just gonna leave you and go back home sleeping.’ Krystal thought as she made her pace to the guy.

After running, she panted hard and lost her control to breathe normally.

“Hey, why so tired? I’m only 15 meters away from you..”

“I.. I..” panting hard while her hands rested on her knees due to the tiredness of running, sweats on her forehead rolling down to her temples and down to her neck, she said breathlessly, “I’m ti-tired.. Piggyback me, please?”

“Yah you spoiled girl, why—“

With a pale skin visible all over her face that she didn’t aware she pleaded, “Please?”

“Fine, fine. Come here.” then Sehun lowered his back so Krystal could jump on easily.

With a grin plastered widely on her face, she jogged and jumped onto Sehun’s back.

“Uh, so heavy...” teased Sehun a little.

Hearing that statement Krystal pouted, “Am I?”

“Oh, not with that pout please.” Then Sehun began to walk to find a restaurant for them to catch lunch.

-----

In a silent night, in Krystal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter