Changed

Changed

AN: Short little drabble. I may be kind of sporadic in my updates for the next few days. A lot of stuff has happened in the past few days with…well let’s just say life. I’m majorly behind on my classes so I need to spend the next few days catching up as well, but do know I’m working on stuff and it should be up hopefully Saturday or Sunday! In the meantime, enjoy this!

 

“I don’t want to go.”

“You have to go. For us,” the boy said kissing his cheek.

Jinki held onto him tightly.

“I don’t want to lose you. I can’t lose you.”

“You won’t,” he said quietly, hugging Jinki in return.

“Promise me. Promise you’ll wait for me.”

He was met with a soft smile and a brush of his soft fingers on his cheek.

“I’ll always wait for you.”

 

TWO YEARS LATER: 

Jinki was sure that after years of working and living with Taemin that he was meant to be with him. The former leader of SHINee nervously gripped an object in his hand as he looked out of the window of his train seat. The road was bumpy as he fidgeted with his dress uniform. His two years were up, and he was finally free from his required service. He knew he had a job waiting for him back at SM, and with any luck, a place to go.

It had been two years since he had seen his lover, two years since he last held onto Taemin and kissed his soft lips. He missed the maknae, in more ways then he could ever have imagined. Taemin, due to his new job, had been able to avoid his required service, but Jinki had not been so fortunate. Now, Jinki was hoping and praying that the way he had changed would not make things even worse for him.

Taemin was always a saving grace for him. He was the one person who laughed at his jokes and cared when his smile seemed forced. They were best friends and each other's half. He wanted a life with the boy…he wanted to raise a family with him and live comfortably together for the rest of their years.

It was Taemin who gave him the confidence to stay strong when he wanted to break. It was the letters from Taemin that made him feel like he wasn’t alone while he served his country. It was the brief phone calls that allowed his heart to beat stronger when he felt like giving up.

But it had always been like that. Taemin taught him more than he could ever think of. He grew into a better person because of Taemin. His views on life had changed and he grew more protective over the future he wanted with his dancer. 

He gripped his hands tightly together when he heard the conductor of the train announce that they would be back in Seoul in less then thirty minutes. He sighed and opened his hand to gaze at the tiny locket he held.

The day he had left, Taemin had shoved it into his hand and threw himself into his arms.

I’ll be here waiting for you, Hyung. Don’t forget me.

Jinki opened up the locket to see the last picture they had taken together, not long after SHINee had formally disbanded. It was known that they wanted to get back together after everyone had finished their military requirements, but it still seemed like a far off dream for Jinki.

He nervously tapped his foot, his eyes gazing out of the window. He had promised Taemin he would come back, just as Taemin promised he would be there waiting. The last time he had spoken with Taemin was a little over a month ago and he had seemed distant at that time.

His stomach curled and made him feel nauseated as he began to see the familiar settings of Seoul. The required military service had taken him away from Taemin. But the promise they made still resounded through his mind and he could only hope it remained intact.

He knew that who he was today was because of his unwavering heart for Taemin. He knew that all those years ago when he met Taemin that his life would change. Taemin had dug his way into his heart and made himself a permanent fixture there. Jinki went to sleep thinking of Taemin and he woke up every day whispering the boy’s name.

Jinki felt limited when he wasn’t with Taemin. He wanted that blissful free feeling of laying next to Taemin and holding him tightly. He wanted to feel Taemin’s skin on his and his voice whispering in his ear. He wanted their paths to always be intertwined with each other’s. Taemin had changed him for the better.

Jinki blinked when he felt the train coming to a stop. The sun was setting outside as he stood up and fixed his cover on top of his head. He shut the locket in his hand and picked up the small bag he had with him.

Everything in his life seemed small and dull compared to this moment. Any fights he may have had with Taemin in the past didn’t matter. Any doubts he had about their relationship had disappeared. He had learned from Taemin to trust his instincts and let life take him where he needed to go.

Jinki shut his eyes as he shuffled off the train and looked around through the massive amount of people. He was scared now, scared because he didn’t see Taemin anywhere. He was frightened that he would never see Taemin again if he didn’t see him here and now. He had promised to come back to his boy, to his lover.

He gripped the locket tightly in his hand as he looked around once more. He was about to shuffle off and find a pay phone when he heard a small chuckle that sounded resoundingly familiar to him. Jinki looked up and his heart nearly leapt out of his chest when their eyes met from across the way.

The former idol was holding a small sign in his hands, and he had a large smile on his face. His bright blue eyes and messy brown hair were a breath of fresh air to Jinki as he dropped his bag on the ground and whispered, “Taemin.”

Taemin dropped the sign and lunged for the elder and Jinki held open his arms as wide as they would go.

“Jinki!”

He crushed Taemin against his chest and spun him around in a circle. Taemin’s quiet giggles made Jinki smile brightly as he set him down and held him tightly. Taemin was the first to reach up and let their lips meet in a sweet and gentle kiss. But it made Jinki come alive inside because this is what he had missed the most. He had simply missed his other half and everything about Taemin.

The boy was the first to pull away and he grabbed onto Jinki’s uniform with his hands as he looked up.

 “I missed you so much, Hyung.”

“As did I, Tae. I missed you more than you could ever believe.”

Jinki held up his hand and held out the locket to Taemin. But what Jinki had not known was that Taemin had held onto one as well. Taemin pulled his out from underneath his shirt and held it out.

“I waited for you Jinki, just like I always said I would.”

Jinki leaned down then and kissed the boy hungrily, no longer caring about the fact that they were in public or that people may be watching. Taemin kissed him back just as enthusiasticly and pulled away first.

"You're back, Hyung, and I'm not letting you go anymore."

Jinki smiled at him and leaned down to pick up his bag. He held onto Taemin and kissed his cheek.

 "Shall I take you home?"

"No, Hyung, it's your home...our home."

Taemin patted the elder's chest over where his heart lay and smiled, "Let's go home together." 

They walked off, JInki's arm around Taemin's waist while the younger leaned into his hyung's side. Taemin was still his and always would be his. They had always said that distance made the heart grow fonder, and it was because of Taemin that Jinki changed for the better…permanently.

 

AN: :D