Far Away

Changed

Originally Posted: March 30th, 2014

Description: Kind of a prequel to “Changed” in Taemin’s POV.

Foreward: Even though Taemin felt like everyone was far away, Jinki would always remind him that he was never far from his heart. 

Characters: Taemin, Jinki

***

Taemin hugged his knees as he watched the water lap up on the shore of the river. It was a quiet day, rather chilly out, but quiet nonetheless. He huffed and blew his bangs from his eyes as he watched the sun set over the horizon.

He wanted him to come back home. He was lonely sitting here by himself. It was hard saying goodbye, biting his lip so he wouldn’t cry. His lover was gone, but not for good.

SHINee had had a wonderful run as a band and now that they were older, they had other obligations to attend to. For Jinki, it was his military service. While Taemin’s new job allowed him to opt out, he wished he hadn’t. He wished he had joined with Jinki, but he didn’t.

He regretted it so much. He hated feeling like everyone had left him behind. He hated the feeling that his lover wasn’t within his grasp, despite how much he said he would wait.

And he would wait, because Jinki was worth it. The elder was worth every bit of breath and love he had and he would wait for him to come back every single second of every single day.

He loved Jinki with all of his heart and there was no one who could ever replace him while he was far away. Taemin looked down at the locket in his hand, the one he didn’t tell Jinki he had. He had made sure Jinki held the other one, making him promise to come back to him.

Taemin sighed deeply and looked up at the sunset, feeling a rush of peace flow through his body. Jinki was serving their country, and he was improving himself every day. Taemin knew he had to do the same. He had to pick himself up and stand strong, knowing that no matter how far away Jinki was, that he was watching over him.

Taemin was surrounded by love and no matter how far away he felt from anyone, he was never truly alone. His phone quietly buzzed in his pocket and he took it out, smiling as he did so.

 

From: Jinki<3

To: Taemin

07:44:23 PM

Message: I made it and I have to give up my phone now. I’m always with you. I’ll come back to you, so wait for me.

I love you.

 

Jinki was always with him, just like he was always with Jinki. Nothing was over between them because of the distance. If anything, it made Taemin more confident that they were meant for each other.

It made Taemin realize that no matter how far away he was from the people he loved, that they were never far away from him and his heart.

 

AN: <3