The haze has Ascended

You met me at a very strange time in my life

Another lame post coming your way~ 


 

Naeun awoke the next day by the sound of her alarm, Question Mark by Primary Ft. Zion T. 

Should I call you or not? Should I just text?

Is it too late? Will she already be sleeping?

The night feels especially long today
 

Her head was pounding. For some reason, she felt like something happened last night but she had no recollection whatsoever.

I type in the text, then fix it, then erase it

I regret sending that text just now

Waiting for your reply feels so long



Naeun searched all over the bed for her Iphone which was blaring her current favourite song.

I felt so bad for myself, not knowing what to do

So I just went out to the night streets though I had no plans

My hormones have exploded, my heart’s racing like I’m a middle school adolescent-

"Found it." Naeun glanced at the time. 7.05am. There was no schedule for Naeun that day which gave her plenty of time to recuperate from her pounding head. Naeun laid on her stomach as she scrolled past her subscribed fanfictions:

Cold Love (Myungeun)

We Got Married, Myungeun edition

Heart and Seoul, a story of Myungeun

"Myungeun... Myungsoo... OH " The events of last night began playing in her head like a slideshow. Burying her head into her giant white teddy bear, Naeun started to scream.

"Naeun-unnie!" Hayoung who she had forgot was sharing a room with her(they were bunk bed roomates) was climbed midway on the ladder. When Naeun did not respond, Hayoung began shaking her by the shoulders.

"Yah!" 

Naeun stopped and looked at Hayoung while pouting.

"What are you doing? Are you trying to wake everyone up?!"

"I'm sorry. I'm just really..."

Hayoung looked at Naeun expectantly. The thing about Naeun was that she was quite unpredictable. In front of cameras, well she played her role of the face of the group well through her innocent face. But it was a well known secret in Apink that Naeun was not as innocent as she looked. And she was forever glued to her Iphone. What is she watching anyway? Yadong?

"Tired. I think I'll go make myself a cup of coffee."

Hayoung muttered under her breath as she climbed down from the ladder. As the maknae she had to give in to her unnies nomatter what right?  This was the first time Naeun was acting up like this. She was torn between going after Naeun and going back to sleep. However, as Naeun slammed the door behind her, she thought the latter would be a better option.


Putting on her thick black jacket over her shirt, and her black cap on her head, Naeun ensured she was unrecognisable before setting foot out of the dorm. She wanted to go far far away from there. Anyway, she was an expert at sneaking out. After entering the lift, Naeun heaved a huge sigh of relief. One person knowing her secret was bad enough but to think that Myungsoo knows??? 

Suddenly, the lift stopped at the 10th floor. It seemed like at that moment, time seemed to stop too before the door opened slowly. Naeun's head was hung lowly, her cap covering her face, but through some unword feeling, she knew who was standing in front of her. As the person entered the lift, Naeun's heart starting beating wildly. The lift started going downwards. Naeun and Myungsoo stood side by side in silence.

9

"Please ignore me. Please ignore me. Please ignore me."

8

7

"So..." Myungsoo's voice sounded. 

"We meet again." 

Naeun closed her eyes. She did not dare look at Myungsoo in case she exploded in embarassment.

6

5

4

"Look, we need to talk."

"Ha.ha.ha.You are not getting me to talk.."

3

2

"Please Naeun.."

Naeun secretly glanced at Myungsoo's profile. A baggy black jacket and slacks with a black cap.

"Why cant we just pretend all of it never happened...

1

The lift doors opened. Honestly, Naeun wished she could run out of the lift but she felt as though her feet were rooted to the ground. Naeun's heart jolted as she felt Myungsoo tugging on her sleeve, pulling her out of her daze and forcing her to follow him. Like a child, she just let herself be dragged. Myungsoo stopped when they reached the middle of the alleyway. He stood a metre away from Naeun and stared at Naeun who was still looking towards the ground. Naeun counted the minutes that passed.

Finally, Myungsoo spoke up.

"Why do you like me?"

Naeun looked up upon hearing that question. This time, Myungsoo was staring at his shoes. Naeun pursed her lips.

"Why are you curious oppa?"

Myungsoo peaked a glance at Naeun. He was smiling, his dimple showing and his eyes glittering, ecstatic that she was responding.  For the first time that morning, they had eye contact.   

"I like you too."

 Naeun was stunted. Before she could stop herself, the words came out from .

"Go out with me."

 "W-what??"

Myungsoo looked like he had not expected that at all. Suddenly, Naeun backtracked a little. Where did this confidence come from? She was very sure this was not part of her "admire from the sidelines plan".  

"With me? I mean, with you??"

Naeun nodded. Myungsoo stepped away from Naeun and tilted his head questionably. 

"Are you sure?"

Naeun mentally did a facepalm. 

"Do I look like I'm kidding?"

He laughed. "Its weird because I've been wanting to ask you whether you saw me as a sunbae, a friend or as more than that.. From the time I met you at the park I just knew we could connect you know. And after last night... I kept thinking about it. About us."

Myungsoo stopped for a moment. He opened his mouth and close his mouth again. 

"I'll go out with you. But first, I'm still curious as to why you like me..."

Naeun thought that it was quite obvious but said it anyway.

"I like you because of your smile."

Myungsoo frowned.

"My smile? Are you sure its not because I'm handsome?"

Naeun tsked.

"This guy is too aware that he is goodlooking."

"Well.. You are more handsome when you smile."

Myungsoo began smiling widely at Naeun.

"Like this?"

Naeun giggled, "Yes yes very handsome."


8.01am. Naeun was outside the dorm's front door after Myungsoo had gone away to the dancing studio to practice. She had not expected so much to happen in just one hour and now there was another confrontation she was very sure coming her way. As she lets herself into the house as quietly as possible and slinked past the dark hallway, she immediately cursed under her breath when she heard a very prominent voice in the living room.

From across the hallway, Chorong shouted, "Naeun ah! You have a lot of explaining to do!"


oooo I sense an intervention coming through. Sorry this story has been so... drama free? Hahaha but please comment and subscribe if you likey;)