Something

You met me at a very strange time in my life

The day after tomorrow...

 

“And the winner for this week’s Music Bank is… Apink!” 

Tears automatically formed in Naeuns eyes and she started sobbing. Feeling Hayoung put her arms around her made her sob even harder. 

This was what we all have been dieting, having sleepless nights and practicing for. This feeling… Nothing could replace it.” 

 Backstage, it was chaos. Many idol friends went up to them to congratulate them. Even SNSD's Tifanny went to Apink and complimented on their win. All Naeun could manage to do then was smile even though her cheeks were still wet from fresh tears.

 

When Apink finally went into their own changing room, Apink started cheering. Amidst the cheering, Chorong shouted,"Guys, guys lets do a hwaiting!!"

Everyone ignored Chorong as they were engrossed in cheering. Naeun suddenly felt a poke in her side. It was Namjoo.

"Naeunnie, gwenchana? You must be tired from all the crying. You were like Alice(Alice in Wonderland) kekeke!" 

Naeun did a merong and said, "Aniya, I was not the only one who was crying just now." 

"Yah!!! Kung-fu panda told us to get changed in 5 minutes!!" Chorong shouted again. 

"Aish, these kids.." Eunji said. "Pali-pali!"

Everyone started putting their hands on top of each other. When everyone had put their hands in, Chorong cleared cutely.

"Ahemm. May Mr Chu continue to be a success and may we always be an improving Apink! Hwaiting!"

 

Later on in the car when they finally were able to freely use their gadgets and/or sleep, Naeun took out her Iphone and saw that there was 3 new messages. 

"Must be umma.."

Naeun the display screen.

When she saw who it was she gasped.

"Eh?" Namjoo was seated beside her. She stretched her whole torso and tried to look at Naeun's phone.

Naeun turned off the display screen and put on a poker face. 

"Nugu?"

"Errr... Taemin." Naeun replied.

"Did you just say Taemin? What did he say?" Eunji turned around and looked at Naeun curiously.

"Dae...He just said congrats thats all." 

Eunji turned back to face the front but Namjoo was looking at her with squinted eyes. Naeun plugged in her headphones.. After a while, when she heard Namjoo sigh and shift her weight, she knew that she was safe for now but she was 99% sure Namjoo knew she was lying through her teeth.

Questions filled her head.

"Why did he text me? Are we friends now?"

Images from Wednesday's incident flashed through her mind like a slideshow.

She had normally snuck out of the dorm at around 2am when the members were all sleeping. Out of everyone in Apink, her sleeping pattern was the weirdest. On days where she could not sleep, she would stay up until 5am but on other days she would instantly drift off upon feeling the softness of the bed on her back. She brought with her the moleskin which was filled with random sketchs and thoughts or quotes in case she had any inspiration and brought her headphones with her to listen to music. On that particular morning, she was working on her abstract sketch of the Hangang River. She started with drawing the river and then at the left corner, a tree branching out to the river and the base of the tree extended to a bench like a vine. Drawing these details were easy for her. However, she was not sure if it was her hand working on its own accord or the effect of reading all those fanfictions but she started drawing the backview of herself and a particular someone seated on the opposite end on the bench. She became so engrossed in it she did not even care about her obvious fatigue from the promotions. When she awoke and saw Myungsoo staring back at her she started screaming as a natural reaction. She didn't even feel happy or anything. She just felt scared to death.

"Fate"

Was it fated that that was the first time they had actually met each other despite having come there all the time on different occasions? The unfortunate thing was that Naeun was bad at commitment. She preferred to have a lasting unrequited love rather than a love that fizzled out in an instant. Things could work out in the many fanfictions she had read but if she even dared to think of trying to convey her feelings in real life, Myungsoo would be the last to know. 

Suddenly Mr Chu played on her headphones.

Once I look at you, I want to see you two more times
When I look at you two and three times, I want to hug you more

I like you more and more eventhough I see you everyday
Even if I pinch my cheek two and three times

It’s like dreaming, I smile as if I’m dreaming

Mr. Chu~ on my lips
Chu~ in a sweet way
Chu~ I get weak all over
You shake me up
I’m falling for your love

Hey you~ on my lips
Chu~ everyday with you
When I see you, I close my eyes
Come to me secretly and kiss me
You’re like a dream to me
You are my Mr. Chu

  

When they reached the dorm, Naeun quickly went to shower to get rid of her thoughts. Unbeknown to her, Namjoo had seen her display screen.