I:5

Melodies of Life

I watch Minhyuk laugh at me endlessly. With each ha-ha, my anger builds up like a balloon filled with air ready to pop at any given time. I was on the verge of throwing the bed sheet on my hands for him to just stop, when an idea crosses my mind.

"Ming~" I call out to him cutely.

He stops and looks at me instantly. That's the time I carried out my brilliant plan. I point the water hose at him and turn it on, the same way he did earlier to me. I laugh menacingly as he tries to block the water on his face. Soon, I notice him getting the bucket that he filled earlier for washing. I try to run but it was too late, he had already dumped the cold water in my head. Now it was his time to laugh. And that started our crazy water fight. We both laugh as we enjoy what we were doing. We were like kids happily playing in the rain. The fun seems to be endless until I slipped. Hard to the ground.

"Are you okay?" Minhyuk rushes to my side.

"Maybe yes, maybe no." I wince in pain as I try to sit up.

"I'm sorry." He helps me up.

"It's just a scratch." I show him my arm. It really was just a scratch. But still, it stings.

"For yesterday." He looks me in the eye, as if confirming if I was still listening. "I was just so angry. Well, I know that's not the best excuse, but..." He looks away, then continues. "I don't care if he's your boyfriend or what." He pauses then takes a deep breath. "I like you."

All the pain that I was feeling instantly fades away and a smile paints my face.

He looks me in the eye. "I mean, I like you romantically. Not just a friend. But, you know, the way a man sees a woman." He explains eagerly.

"I get it." I try my hardest to suppress my smile.

"Well... So do you..." His words were hanging, but I clearly understood it.

"Yeah, I like you too." I smile shyly at him.

"So, you're going to leave that Yonghwa?" His face scrunches up in disgust as he says the name.

I laugh loudly. "He's my brother."

His eyeballs almost popped out of its sockets and his jaw dropped.

"Now, do you regret calling me that type of girl?" I make out air quotes as I emphasize my last three words.

He nods with this shoulders hung low. "I'm really sorry. I said that out of anger."

"Or do you mean jealousy?" I grin at him.

"Yeah, more of like that." He chuckles.

"Want to make up for it?"

He nods right away.

"Sing the Doraemon song for me." I smile at him like a kid.

"Huh?" His eyebrows knit in wonder.

"Why? You don't know that?"

"I do. But why?"

"It's my favorite."

He scratches his head, then starts singing. Lifelessly.

"Is this how you serenade the girl you like?" I pout at him. "Can it be cuter?"

He sighs, then starts singing again. This time, really, really cute. He's even doing aegyo poses matched with his little voice.

"I know it ." He shakes his head right after he finishes.

I shake my head in opposition." I loved it. So cute and adorable."

He smiles at me, with his eyes turning into lines again. I can't help it, he's too cute. I kiss him in the cheek just like what I did yesterday.

"That's unfair. You already kissed me twice." He pouts at me.

"As if you didn't want me to." I roll my eyes.

"You even stole my first kiss." He sulks.

"I just kissed you on the cheek!" I protest.

"Yeah, but it's still the first kiss from the girl I like." He points out. "Too bad, I wasn't the one who initiated it."

"Okay, to be fair. Then just kiss me, too." I turn my cheek to him and close my eyes.

I wait in anticipation for his lips to touch my cheek, but it didn't. Instead, his soft lips carefully captures and mold against mine. And that's how my first kiss happened. Gentle, yet full of passion.