Chapter 3

Ever After

Shinhye was meeting with her bestie Krystal and her boyfriend Minhyuk. The three were at a restaurant catching up on missed moments and Krystal was just dying with excitement because she was busy preparing for hers and Minhyuk anniversary party. The two have been going out for a year now. She wanted Shinhye to assist her with the arrangements because she wanted it to be spectacular.

 Krystal: Shinhye will be in charge of the invitations, you know everyone we need to invite, right?

Shinhye: Deee……

Krystal: Feel free to include anyone you like. I will take care of the venue and food and drinks.

Minhyuk: And I honey, what am I supposed to do?

Krystal: You, you just stay your sweet self and appear on the day looking hot, okay?

They two enjoyed a sweet moment sealed by a brief peck on the lips.

They looked great together and Shinhye envied their relationship. Her friend was truly happy beside him and so was he.

Shinhye: You guys are making me feel jealous. Are you trying to show off?

The two looked at her and just smiled at her because they just couldn’t tone it down.

Krystal: Byani, chingu.

They finished their lunch and Shinhye headed home thinking about her list of people to invite. Of course her sisters had to be on that list, she was going to get some other names from Krystal later once to added Minhyuk’s friends. She had one week to do everything and ensure all the invitations reached everyone early enough. She knew how special this moment was for Krystal and she wanted it to be perfect.

She reached home and got down to work. She was busy designing the invitation cards when her sisters joined her.

Yoonhye: What are you doing unnie?

Shinhye: Trying to design invitation cards for Krystal’s anniversary next weekend. She put me in charge of invitations but I am going to need your help.

Jiwon: Let’s see what you have done so far.

Just like the, the three got to work and by dinner time the invitations were finished and all left to do was printing and giving them out.

Shinhye’s step mum: Girls, could you come down for dinner?

They all went down and helped their mum set the table.  They informed her about the party and she could tell they were very excited about it.

Shinhye’s step mum: Am I invited too?

Shinhye: Sorry mum, no adults allowed.

Their mum pretended to be hurt and the girls just laughed at her.

Shinhye’s step mum: It’s good you guys get to have fun. Enough of this already, your dad must be wondering what happened to the food.

By Monday the next week all the invitations were printed and she had given some to her sisters so they could invite some of their friends and all that was left was handing them out to the expected guests. Shinhye invited her lecturer Ms. Park Siyeon.

In class, she was thinking about inviting Minho because Jiwon was pressure her to invite him and the good sister she was, she was going to do it. She just wasn’t sure how to do it. Minho was friendly and when the lecture ended Shinhye just straight out handed it to him.

Minho: What is it?

Shinhye: It’s an invite to a party this weekend.

Minho: Are you asking me out?

Shinhye: What, no…., no. No

She strongly denied and Minho found it amusing.

Shinhye: I am not asking you out like what you are thinking…..

Minho: What was I thinking?

He was having this smile on his face making her very uncomfortable and he was enjoying watching her face as she struggled with what to say next.

Shinhye: I wasn’t thinking anything. You may come if you want and if you don’t want to, then don’t come.

She quickly picked up her books ready to leave.

He grabbed her hand stopping her movement.

Minho: You haven’t had my reply yet. Yes Ms. Park Shinhye, I will be happy to bless your party with my presence.

She felt goose bumps all over her body by his touch and she quickly removed herself from his hold. She was working on getting rid of her feelings towards him and his, holding her wasn’t helping.

 Shinhye: Thank you we shall truly appreciate your presence. Now if you don’t mind, I have a class to get to.

Minho: By all means, please be on your way.

Jiwon was so eager waiting to find out if her sisters had done her bidding. She had assigned Shinhye to invite Minho and Yoonhye to invite Suzy.

Jiwon: So did you invite them?

Shinhye and Yoonhye: Deee…

Jiwon: And?

Shinhye: Yes, he will come.

Yoonhye: She will be there and she asked if she could bring a friend. So I gave her the other card.

Jiwon: I also invited Kim Jihoon and I think he has a crush on Shinhye. He was so happy and excited when I mentioned you would be at the party. He says he shared Ms. Siyeon’s class with you last semester.

Shinhye: I know him but we weren’t close.

Everything was going well and the girls were beyond excited.

Krystal succeeded in booking the venue and she was busy selecting the menu. Shinhye kept up dating her and also she helped out with the food because Krystal had a lot to do and time was against them.

The week moved by so fast and the big day had finally come. The girls were busy sorting out their out fits. Shinhye had to leave her sisters behind and meet Krystal to finalize the preparations. She had brought her dress and they were now in Krystal’s bedroom getting all dolled up. Krystal looked like an angel.

Krystal: How do I look?

Shinhye: Gorgeous, Minhyuk is a very lucky guy.

Krystal: No, I am the lucky one, to be loved by such a wonderful man.

She said it with so much heart and Shinhye could see how much her friend loved him.

Krystal: Well let’s go welcome our esteemed guests so this party can get started