Chapter 17

Ever After

Shinhye was worried pregnancy would make her clingy or annoying with all her mood changes but Minho was equipped and ready for whatever was thrown his way. He kept buying and reading about pregnancy that Shinhye accused him of acting like he was the one pregnant and not her. Sometimes she would be a cry baby crying at the simplest things like when she couldn’t fit into her old clothes or accidently broke a glass or broke her nail and Minho was always there and he allowed her to cry to her heart’s content.

Minyoung had by the third month of her pregnancy found a new place to stay and Shinhye tried to plead with her to stay but she wouldn’t relent. As her stomach got big she had no choice but to agree with Minho to get a maid who would help her around the house. She was and ahjumma and Shinhye felt a motherly attachment. She took good care of her giving her advice on what to expect, recommend herbs that would easy delivery she was really good for Shinhye. She talked about her son who was serving in the army and Shinhye could feel the pride in her voice. She prayed she would also be a proud parent like Ahjumma.

Her family and especially her sisters where supportive all through her pregnancy even the new wed Jiwon always found time to visit whenever she was free and the void of being alone was filled.

Being and expectant mother Shinhye had plans of spend all her time with her baby she could imagine living him even for a second. She would be his/her best friend. She wanted to be her children’s god down here on earth. Someone they could run to when life was too tough to bear. Minho was of the same view and he even promised to work hard and earn enough so that he would have more time in future to spend with his family.

* * *

Minho was at work when Shinhye started having contractions. The doctor had told them to prepare but Shinhye believed she still had a few days, she was wrong. She felt a liquid drip along her legs and she knew her water broke it was time.

She called for the Ahjumma and asked her to call Minho Oppa and inform him to meet at the hospital and after instructed her to get her packed bag from the closet which he had prepared just in case after the doctor had advised her to prepare. Ahjumma called for a taxi and helped Shinhye into the cab and joined her.

Minho on getting the call immediately left for the hospital and as luck would have it the reached at the same time. He had also called the doctor to inform him of Shinhye’s condition and he was waiting for them. Minho was panicking every time Shinhye was hit by another contraction and the interval between was shortening. He felt helpless because he could do anything to help ease her pain. She was taken to the maternity ward and before Minho joined them he asked the Ahjumma to inform his and family about this.

He moved to her side and held her hand tightly sending her a message that he will be there with her through it all. She was pushing and pushing but the baby was moving slowly. She was covered in sweat and was started to be tired from all the pushing but the doctors kept encouraging her to push and after an 90 minutes of pushing Shinhye delivered a beautiful angel. “She is a girl,” the nurse announced as she handed the baby to Minho who delicately carried her in his arm careful not to harm her and presented her to his now exhausted beautiful wife. Shinhye carried the baby and she was in tears

“She’s beautiful,” she said as she caressed her baby’s face.

“Yes, we did well, she is an angel just like her mother. Thank you dear for this beautiful angel.”

The nurse then asked for the baby as they had to clean it and also advised the mother to rest before the baby is returned. “You will be move to a private room where your family can meet you. Father of the baby should go to fill in some paper work as we prepare to transfer her to the private room.

Minho walked out with the nurse and he was met by his and Shinhye family. He realized he completely forgot about them but fortunately the doctor hadn’t because they were already aware of the good news. They all congratulated him on finally becoming a dad.

Shinhye was transferred to the private room where her family congratulated her as the ogled over the sleeping baby in the crib placed to her baby. She wanted to chat more with her but she was feeling really tired finding it hard to keep her eyelids open. Minho finally entered the room and walked over to her bed. He noticed she was struggling to keep her eyes open but being that this was Shinhye she couldn’t send them away so he did it for her.

“Guys…., Shinhye is really exhausted and needs to get some rest so could you please wait in the other room?” He humbling requested and everyone adhered to his request as they all walked out of the room.

“You should sleep,” he said as he sat down beside her bed.

She was grateful the he knew her too well and understood her without her having to say anything.

“Thank you Oppa” she said as she slowly gave into her body’s request and slept.

When Minho was certain she had fallen asleep her joined the rest of the family in the other room. They were talking about the baby, some said she looked like him and others insisted she looked like Shinhye. He thought she looked like Shinhye. She was beautiful just like her and she had big beautiful eyes just like Shinhye’s.

The baby’s loud cry woke Shinhye from her sleep but Minho quickly attended to the baby and insisted she rest some more. She wanted to tend to her baby and Minho saw her desire to hold it so he help her adjust the bed so she could sit comfortably and placed the baby in her hands. When the baby was place in hand and Shinhye hugged her close to her chest the baby started searching for something and Shinhye knew what she wanted.

“I believe our little angel here is hungry, look at her trying to fend for it.” She told him as he watched with an amused grim.

“Feed her, I want to watch” he said and Shinhye opened her shirt and placed the in its mouth and she immediately started ling to their amusement. She made sure she carried her well like she had learnt from all those pregnancy books. It felt nice feeding her baby like this, intimate and bonding. After feeding to her fill she went back to sleep and they was amused. She looks so innocent” Shinhye said as she watched her and Minho agreed with her. He put her back in her crib and invited in the family which was eager to interact with Shinhye.

Shinhye Stayed in the hospital for three days and for those days Minho would only leave to go to work and return to take care of her and their baby. He was in love with their princess and Shinhye love watching him care for her whenever he was around. He already learnt about the diaper change and never complained about changing her when she needed a change. Shinhye felt so blessed for the man who is her husband. During those days at the hospital she was never alone as her family and friends kept visiting and they all praised Minho for being such a good dad to their princess. Minyoung also visited her at the hospital and Shinhye was happy to see her since she had been able to meet or see her for the last month of her pregnancy. Minyoung had been busy with work and Shinhye was too lazy to go visit her.

On the day of her release from Hospital Minho picked them up and Shinhye was exited to finally go home. Not the she hated the hospital she just preferred home. Shinhye was glad Minho had invited her sisters Jiwon and Yoonhye, Suzy and even Krystal were all waiting at their home. Ahjumma prepared a delicious lunch and the girls chatted the afternoon away.  Minho had to go back to the office and that was one of the reasons he invited the girls to entertain her at home.

For the next few weeks that followed Shinhye always had company as she regained her strength and during those times Minyoung was always there for her, helping take care of Hana. Shinhye asked her about work and she said that office was less filled with work these days so she had more time to be a friend.

It has not been hundred days since Hana’s delivery and they are celebrating with family. They took lots of pictures of baby Hana and Shinhye couldn’t believe that Hana was already 100 days old.

During the celebration party Krystal confessed to Shinhye about her fears in becoming a mother. She had been scared think she wasn’t ready to be anyone’s mother but after watching Shinhye do it she felt different and envious of her. “I want to also have a cute baby just like you. I look at Hana and I wish she was mine.” She said to Shinhye. “So Minhyuk and I decided to start trying to have our own, you never know maybe this time next year I will be carrying a baby in my hands.”

“I hope so because Hana will soon need playmates so use all you free time to give my Hana a playmate soon, arraso?” joked Shinhye.

“In no time she will be going to school,” she told Minho as the prepared for bed. “She grows so fast.”

“She will still love you and me even if she doesn’t spend all her time with us. He knew Shinhye was worried about distance with the kids and he understood her.” Her life revolved around them.

“I know but I want that time to delay you know?”

“I know, me too, I want her to remain my little princess forever.”

* * * *

Agassi….?” called Ahjumma as she knocked on Shinhye’s bed room door. Shinhye was playing with Hana trying to speak baby language which was making Hana very happy because she was all smiles and sounding her own replies.

“Miss Minyoung is here to see you Agassi” stated the Ahjumma when she entered the room

Shinhye was happy to hear Minyoung had come around because she has gotten used to her company and besides today had been a slow day. “Let her know I will be down in a moment, just need to change Hana and feed her then I will be down”

Shinhye quickly changed and fed Hana and as usual, she slept after feeding to her content. She carried her and placed her in her crib next door and joined Minyoung in living room.

“Minyoung…..” she excitedly called out her name as she walked towards her friend. “Sorry to make you wait but I had to tend to Hana first, you understand right?”

“Of course, don’t worry I don’t mind waiting. How is she, Hana?”

“She okay, I think we are starting to communicate, I am learning baby language and she seems to enjoy our talks” Shinhye answered with so much pride and joy. “She is so cute and adorable and every time she smiles my heart is filled with so much happiness. She is a beautiful miracle God gave to me and oppa.”

Ahjumma brought some tea and accompaniments for them as the two were chatting.

“Ahjumma, since Minyoung is here maybe you could go to the supermarket and buy some things I believe we are out. Also buy some fresh vegetables and fruits while you are there, take the driver with you.” Minho had hired a driver for her since the incidence of Hana’s birth when she had to call for a taxi. He worried in case of another emergency they might not be so lucky so he hired a driver for her.

They chatted the afternoon away and Shinhye was surprised Hana hadn’t woken up yet. But then again Hana was really good at sleeping especially when she slept satisfied. She decided to wait some more and when half an hour had passed she asked Ahjumma to check on Hana.

“Agassi…!!! Agassi…. Agassi” shouted Ahjumma as she ran towards the living room, “Hana is not in her crib?

“What are you saying Ahjumma? Hana isn’t in her crib, but I put her there myself” But she was panicking praying Ahjumma made a mistake. She quickly ran to Hana’s room and the crib was empty.

Did I leave her in my room?

She quickly ran to the next room and still Hana wasn’t there. Oh God please no, please tell me this is a dream and I am going to wake up and Hana is here laughing with me. She was in a state of panic and searched each and every room in the house but still the couldn’t find Hana. She dialed Minho’s number

“Oppa… ottoeke oppa? Uri Hana…. Ottoeke

Minho could understand what she was trying to say but he was sure it wasn’t good news because Shinhye was in tears

“What is wrong with Hana, is she sick?

“Hana is gone” I left her in her room and now…. Now she is gone oppa, I have looked everywhere but I can’t find her. I need to find her oppa, find her oppa, please find our Hana. She must be scared being away from her mother please help me find her oppa….” And Minho heard a hard fall and heard Ahjumma calling out to Shinhye

“Shinhye… Shinhye are you still there please answer me Shinhye” but she didn’t reply. Instead Ahjumma answered him saying Shinhye had fainted. He did wait and ended the call and rushed to get to his family as fast as possible. On reaching he rushed to their room where Shinhye was resting but her sleep was restless, she was calling out Hana’s name.

Seeing his wife in such despair pained his heart, he had to find Hana. He asked Ahjumma about everything that happened that day and he also called the police to assist in the search. They search around the whole neighborhood but they all didn’t see anything. Minho was exhausted by the time he got back to the house to find a more disoriented Shinhye. Shinhye was beside herself with worry. The police suspected it was a kidnap and they were waiting for the kidnappers to call. Their families had come and were trying to support and comfort them but Shinhye was blaming herself.

“I am a bad mother oppa….”

 “No Shinhye, you are a good mother

“No oppa, I couldn’t protect our baby

“No Shinhye, this is not your fault you hear me? It’s not. We will find Hana, I promise you that okay?”

“She must be scared, did she feed, is she okay?” These are the thoughts that keep running in her mind. She needed to know something or she would go crazy with worry.

“She has to be okay. She has to be. They had better not harm even one hair on her because I will kill them with my bear hands.” He said with so much conviction in his voice as he folded his hands into a hard fist. Both were in tears thinking of their child but Minho was more controlled as he had to be strong for his family. They depended on him and he had to be responsible for them. After sometime sleep conquered Shinhye and Minho joined the officers. He decided they should use media to advertise the disappearance of their child and the police officer said that might even make the kidnappers to contact them. He got done to it and sent Hana’s picture to the broadcasting company and to ensure people helped he put forward a huge sum of money as a reward for the one that found their baby.

They waited for the kidnappers to call and the on the next day they finally called and insisted to talk to Shinhye. Shinhye quickly grabbed the phone

“Hallo..

She waited and then had a weird disguised voice

“Park Shinhye…..?” asked the person on the other end

“Yes this is Shinhye, please return our baby” she begged, “she is just an innocent child, we will give you whatever you want but please just return her to us.”

“How much are you willing to get back your baby “

“Anything,” she quickly answered, “just don’t harm her please” she pleaded

“Okay, we will call back in two hours’ time with our demands

The person was about to cut the line but Shinhye shouted “wait!!! Hana... How is she? I need to know if she is okay.” She pleaded.

“Your daughter is well taken care of but don’t worry we will send you confirmation of her status” he said and cut the connection before Shinhye could say anything more.

“What do they want? Asked a desperate Minho, “Money?!  We will give it to them. And Hana is she okay?” he was asking questions and give her chance to reply. “They said Hana is okay and they will send us a confirmation video to prove it. They didn’t say their demand but only said they would contact us after two hours.”

Kidnapper site

Person one: she is desperate, we should make some money

Person two: But Boss didn’t say anything about asking for ransom money

Person one: we can get the money and use it for us, boss doesn’t need to know.

“Okay we can always ask for money, this is there precious daughter they should be willing to pay a lot for her return.”

* * * *

They sat by the phone waiting for the call to come in and when it did they again requested to speak with Shinhye. She quickly answered the call.

“Come with a million dollars cash and we will hand over the baby come alone, if you bring anyone we will not guarantee you daughter’s safety. We will give the location on your way, I repeat Shinhye, come alone and make sure no one follows you, it’s the only way your daughter’s safety will be assured.”

Author's Note

Please leave me a comment. the story in coming to an end soon and I want feed back from my readers, thanks in advance