I

Logical Progression
Marriage or nuptial or wedding, or whatever the hell anyone wants to call it, is the legal union or contract made by a man and a woman to live as husband and wife.  Another definition reads - it is the sanctioned union of persons who commit to one another.  In much simpler terms, it is the end of being single and the start of a life full of responsibilities and expectations.

Some people claim that its not a bad thing, that it is the next step in the circle of life; that there's more to the scientific definitions that Webster and encyclopedias put forth in their accumulated text of facts.  B
ut whatever source of written knowledge you use, these definitions are irrelevant.  See the words 'union' and 'commit'?  By these words alone marriage does not apply to him and her. 
 
Or so they thought...
 
Who are 'THEY'?  Well, 'THEY' are the hero and heroine of this little tale with a well-exploited plot.  Arranged marriage.  *yay*
 
And right now, Byunghun (the hero) is trading full volume, high-pitched spoken sounds (which his voice instructor would've been proud of) with his family, mostly his father since his mother is currently on a screen facing them with his older brother shaking his head sympathetically behind her.
 
"Let me just get this straight.  You're telling me that YOU ARRANGED A MARRIAGE FOR ME?!"
 
"YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT.  I CAN HEAR YOU JUST FINE!" his father complained.
 
"ARE YOU ACTUALLY EXPECTING ME TO BE GRATEFUL?" the idol  rapper asked incredulously.
 
"WE ACTUALLY THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE.  AFTER ALL, WE WERE ACTUALLY THINKING OF YOUR WELL-BEING!" his father continued loudly.
 
"REALLY?! MY WELL-BEING? (pointing to himself) I THOUGHT MY WELL-BEING BELONGS TO ME.  WHEN DID IT OCCUR TO YOU THAT IT'S OKAY NOT TO CONSULT ME FIRST, JUST FOR THE SAKE OF MY OWN WELL-BEING?!"
 
"SINCE WE (jabbing his finger at both himself and his wife) KNEW YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE SERIOUS ENOUGH TO GET MARRIED UNTIL WE'RE TOO OLD TO HOLD OUR GRANDCHILD!" his father said, increasing the tone of his voice.
 
"YOU DON'T TRUST ME TO FIND MY OWN WIFE?  I ALREADY MADE A BET WITH THE MEMBERS THAT I'M GOING TO MARRY MY NEXT GIRLFRIEND!" Byunghun stated loudly. "WHY ARE YOU EVEN PUSHING THIS ON ME?  WHEN IS HYUNG GOING TO GET MARRIED?  HE'S OLDER, HE'S SUPPOSED TO GO FIRST!"  Byunghun added, brandishing his finger on the computer screen.
 
Even a doctor doesn't need to auscultate their lungs to know that their lung fields are at full expiratory capacity right now.  And his hyung was spared the opportunity to add his own vocal chords to the debacle when Byunghun's mother spoke.
 
"Calm down and sit." she said.  But both men continued to stand and stare in front of one another.

In a deadly quiet voice that sent chills down the spines of her 3 beloved men she said: "Both of you sit!"  And in a flash, they sat.

Both Byunghun and his father opened their mouths at the same time and would have started shrieking at each other again if Mrs. Lee hadn't anticipated it, "Both of you will not speak!" she commanded.

Byunghun's father sat back in the chair.  He knew not to argue when his wife takes that tone.  Byunghun, on the other hand was impermeable at the moment and tried to argue his case but noticed his father's demeanor.  He looked tired but his shoulders were squared with his lips pursed in a thin line.  The rapper immediately realized that his father is doing something he doesn't like, and by the laws of deduction and philosophy, he concluded that he was being forced to do this.  He confirmed this the moment his father looked at him with eyes that says how sorry he was and how his whole body lost that determined stance.

He looked at his mother and saw the worry in her eyes.  If she were at the same place as them, she would've reached for her husband's hand while her other hand would be brushing his arm up and down in a manner to comfort him.

"What's going on?" he asked his father directly.  Concern compelling him to ignore his own protests and get to the bottom of this.

"Son, I'm so sorry." was all he said as he buried his face in his hands. 

Byunghun was afraid now.  He has never seen his father like this, he looked vulnerable and lost.  He couldn't even begin to imagine what the reason is.  His mother was now biting her bottom lip, her heart going out to her husband.  She wanted to reach out to the screen and touch him, to let him know it will be alright.

Byunghun crossed his arms, trying to look defiant and brave, and sat back in the seat too, waiting for any of his parents to start explaining.  He looked at his hyung and saw him look at him too and shrug his shoulders while shaking his head. He doesn't know what's going on either.

Obviously enough, his parents were innocent ~until proven guilty~ and his brother looked as lost as he was.  So who devised this ingenious plan and why?...why?...oh! WHY!

 

 

~to be continued~
next chapter:  the masterplan by the masterminds is revealed