#13

Love Triad

Luhan left Yi Fan to rest while he attended to the other members who were resting back at their hideout. Cornered by the four walls of the hospital room, he was stifled by how small it made him feel and he started to panic.

Claustrophobic was getting the better of him and he soon found himself tumbling out of bed, tugging onto his IV drip despite how painful it was and running out of the ward. Patients watched as he dashed out of the room, tripping over himself. Despite the audience, he knew that he couldn’t compose himself and had to get himself into an open space – the rooftop. He ran up the stairs, ignoring his weak constitution and the horrified looks of the nurses, patients and doctors who were trying to stop him.

“Professor Ding! Professor Ding!” one of the nurses yelled for Zi Yi, who was busy telling her mom that she had work to do in the hospital and would be back late.
“Yes?”
“Your patient! He has gone crazy!” she panted as if she just finished a marathon while grabbing onto Zi Yi’s desk for support.
“Which patient?” a frown married on her forehead as she waited for an answer.
“The one in ward 358.” She was still trying to catch her breath while Zi Yi dashed out of her office.
“Where is he?!” she turned back to ask when she realized that she had no idea where her patient was.
“They said the roof top but i'm not sure!”

Zi Yi couldn’t wait for the lift as it was too long and she didn’t know what might happen in any second. Will he commit suicide? Running up 10 stories was a hell of a good workout for her as she had long forsaken exercise for god knows how long – the irony. Panting heavily, she managed to burst through the doors of the rooftop and to her relieve; she found him standing at the rooftop, overlooking the bustling city. His eyes clouded with sadness, apprehension and surprisingly, calmness. Walking up stealthily to him, she found herself noticing his features; his eyes, his sharp nose, beautiful jawline, pouty lips and his puffed up brown short hair, flying wherever the wind brought it. He was a beautiful sight and she couldn’t deny that his features reminded her of Jia Heng. Just that maybe Jia Heng’s jaw wasn’t that sharp and his hair was never brown but jet black, which his fringe a little unkempt all the time - "Messy fringe is my style". She smiled at the thought of teenage Jia Heng who was always so playful and forever teased or told jokes to entertain her, always keeping her accompanied and protecting her when he needed more of it.

Yi Fan noticed her presence but remained stationery. He enjoyed having her being so subtle and quietly looking at him in adoration. Or that’s what he thinks, judging from the smile which lifted both sides of her signature chubby cheeks. He recalled watching her fall asleep on his bed as he brushed her hair gently, touching her soft skin and pinching her cheeks softly as she would never allow anyone near them. He remembered how she would groan every time he did so but then smile when he caress them gently after. Unknowingly, a smile was too, plastered on his face. They were so close back then; Can we still be this close but finally, on another level?

Snapping out of her daydream, she moved closer to Yi Fan and placed her hands gently on his shoulders. He didn’t twitch; neither did he get a shock. It was as if he knew that she was there – which he did, but as usual, she doesn’t know. Still looking ahead, Yi Fan didn’t bother to turn back to look at her but only wished for the hands to be held in his. Zi Yi was trembling inside. She had no idea about this guy’s intentions and what he was suffering from. Does he have a history of depression or is he suffering from it? Should I call the psychiatrist over? How do I deal with this?

“Hey…” she stuttered – no reaction.
“Hey, I’m professor Ding. Your doctor. I won’t hurt you.” She spoke gently, in hopes of calming him down but it ignited a different feeling in him. It evoked a memory of how she would speak so softly to him whenever he was upset. How much of a comfort she was to him whenever he was in a bad mood. Only she could calm him down, comfort him and give him strength to carry on.
“Yi Fan?” she tried a different tactic. This time she received a reaction. He looked over his shoulder and saw her eyes glitter with compassion.
“I’m alright.” He smiled at her – I’m alright because you are here with me, Zi Yi


>> I would wish for all of you to imagine yourself as "Zi Yi" in the last paragraph where Yi Fan is comforted because she is there. Similarly, all those who are standing by him, supporting him and giving him courage are the ones who makes him feel comforted in his current situation. Be it a little or not, at least he knows that we are always there for him.
Stay strong 凡亲,因为吴亦凡一直都在!

You can drop me a question at ask.fm/hoppingbunnies or follow me on Twitter @hopping_bunnies
I'll be more than glad to chat with you guys.

Believe in him, not because he's alone now, but because he has given us more than we should ever receive from him. And please do keep praying for Yi Fan. He should be blessed.