#12

Love Triad

“When can I be discharged?” Yi Fan snapped out from his daze and forced himself to sit up but was rewarded with a disapproving look from Zi Yi.
“I just tugged you under the sheets and you forced yourself to sit up?” she pouts unknowingly at him, totally oblivious to the emotions that evoke in him. Yi Fan shook his head to get rid of those thoughts but clutched onto his stomach immediately.
“I told you to lie down didn’t I?” Zi Yi hissed at him and laid him down gently, tugging him under the sheets once again.
“No moving until I grant you permission, all right?” she pointed her index finger at him, something that she always did to him when she wanted to make her stand clear. The corner of his lips curved up at the thought that she still used that motion but nodded obediently at her.
“You really don’t know me?” Yi Fan asked again.
“Do I have to know you?” she looked up from his report while he corked his head sideways, initiating that he knows her.
“Well you do really look like someone I know… or used to know…but… I don’t think I know you.” She frowned as she thought of how much he resembled Jia Heng.
“You sure?” he continued pressing on.
“Stop questioning me and get some sleep. I will be back to check your wounds later. Oh, I have some questions for you too.” She smiled and pointed at him once again, “You better lay in bed or else I will keep you lying in here for a month.” She smirked at him before looking at Luhan, “and you, you better not harm him or attempt to hurt my patient or I will bar you from entering the hospital. I am not a professor for no reason.” She glared at Luhan as the doe eyed boy nodded at her request. “Be good and I’ll be back shortly.” Zi Yi smiled and left the ward.

“How… do you feel?” Luhan felt awkward having to witness his friend’s first love, forgetting him and knowing that he would probably be sad about it made him cringe inwardly. Dealing with an upset Yi Fan wasn't his favourite thing on earth. 
“About what?” Yi Fan asked, staring at his covered toes.
“Yourself and Zi Yi, of course.”
Instantaneously, I’m good. Such injury mean nothing to me.” He replied, choosing not to share his thoughts about Zi Yi but he knew Luhan would get an answer out of him, no matter what.
“And her?”
“It’s good that she can’t remember me. I don’t want her to know who I really am, neither do I want her name and life to be stained with who I am right now.” Yi Fan remained emotionless as he kept his eyes on his toes.
“You are not going to ruin her life or her reputation Yi Fan. Why do you keep thinking that way?” Luhan sighed for the trillionth time as he tries to change his friend’s thinking.
“You know it Luhan. I’m a gangster. I’m the leader of the biggest triad in China while she? She’s a doctor, a professor for goodness sake. We… we are not on the same level. I can never be good enough to love her.”
“Love knows no boundary Jia Heng!” Luhan yelled at him, his level of frustration reaching its peak. Knowing that being all shouty wouldn’t help solve Yi Fan’s conflicts, Luhan went on with a softer approach.
“Well maybe it’s good that she doesn’t know you. Like this you can chase her and date her, make her fall in love with you and this time you will succeed. You will not lose her again.”

Yi Fan looked up hopefully at Luhan, wondering if he could do what his friend just suggested.
“Date her and make her fall in love with me? Do you really think I can do that?”
“She doesn’t know anything about you. You are Wu Yi Fan to her, not Li Jia Heng. Neither does she know that you are a triad leader or a gangster. All she probably has to know is that you’re the CEO and you work in a proper office, dealing with decent transactions. She doesn’t have to know what kind of work you do.” Luhan advised, hoping that this would make Yi Fan believe that he can love her.
“But deceiving is not right.” Yi Fan murmmered.
“It’s not right when you harbor the wrong motives. You love her genuinely and not because you want something more out of her. So it’s not a bad kind of deceiving.” Luhan replied, backing up his points with things that made quite some sense.
“Give it a try. I don’t want you to live in despair and regret anymore.” Luhan placed his hands on Yi Fan’s shoulders, reassuring him.
“I will handle your hospital records and the boys. Don’t worry. Recover and get Zi Yi back, you hear me?” With that, Luhan stood up and left Yi Fan’s ward leaving the clueless boy, thinking if he could really do what Luhan suggested.
Can he successfully convince himself that he’s not deceiving Zi Yi with his fake identity? 


No, Zi Yi didn't lose her memory. She simply couldn't remember Jia Heng because of the change in his looks and of course, the name change. Leave comments for the next update! 

xoxo