He Knew It

He Knew It

                He knew. He had always known this day would come to him. For the nth time he checked his phone again. Wanting to know more, to make sure that that article is really about her. He did watch her last night, being completely adorable, playing around with his friend. Even making his friend scared. She laughed those topic off as if she really did have nothing related to that. She was really confidence back at that show.

                He didn’t know why but she has been acting weird these last few months. Going back to her old self. The one she shared with him back then. The bittersweet feeling came to him, he was happy that she finally showed her real self. In the same time, those memory suddenly poked his head. Reminding him how they shared the past together. Mocking him on how he couldn’t stand up for her back then, how he wasted the chance to finally gain her trust and keep her by his side forever.

                A ring from his phone brought him to reality, his manager texted him to go back to the office immediately. Eunhyuk and him had been in a busy schedule recently. Concert practice, recording, and everything. He also had to study Japanese hard. Nothing had bothered his mind, not after the news broke. Having prepared himself, for the last time he checked his phone. There are  new articles on nate and naver.

                “SM Entertainment Denies Girls’ Generation Jessica’s Relationship with Tyler Kwon”

                He sighed and let out a little curve on his lips. His car was waiting outside as he finally got off the elevator. After thanking the valet he drove off to his office. Again a ring were heard, he checked his phone again in the traffic light.

                “Yah Lee Donghae, are you okay?”

                It was from Siwon, he smiled upon receiving the text. He didn’t know Siwon would have known.

                “Of course I am, why would I not? They denied it already. Kkkk”

                He found a parking lot in the basement which is totally perfect. Not too far from the elevator yet not too dark. He parked his car there when a beep were heard again. Really? He thought. As he opened the message, he saw a figure two cars across him. He looks like him. He wondered. While he saw a silhouette of a girl bowing deeply at that guy. Ah what am I thinking. An image were opened and displayed on his phone screen. Two person walking together in a department store. Followed by a text by Siwon.

                “Just to make sure you have seen this. I don’t mean anything, I swear. Be strong bro, god bless you”

                He was frozen. He never knew that she was that brave to go public. The photo was only yesterday. He saw her in the office with that very same outfit going to her schedule, blue coat and white jeans. That is her in the photo, and also him. He was scared, he was scared to death that he finally lost her. All of parts of his body felt numb as if the car was crushing him. It felt suffocating in the car that he decided to go out.

“I’m really sorry, oppa-“ The voice he had always known stopped and two pairs of eyes were suddenly headed towards him. A head was bowed towards him, accompanied by a smile afterwards. While another one was stiff, her eyes didn’t even blink.

                As much as she was surprised by his presence, he was much more shocked. It felt like a sadako finally came out of the tv and choked him right away. He bowed to him and rushed off. He met her eyes for a split second yet he immediately threw his glance off her.

                “Lee Donghae where are you going?” His manager was shouting at him, he supposed to meet Eunhyuk on the practice room, but he needed time.

                “I’ll…. I’ll go there soon. Just wait hyung..” He left. Being like this, there is nowhere he would go. The only place that would calm his mind was their practice room. The place that would remind him of their beautiful past. That would remind him such a loser he was.

                He went to a sofa right beside the window, that sofa had been there for such a long time, 10 years if he didn’t count it wrong.

 

                “Sica-yah!! Finally! Finally! I’m debuting” He delivered the happy news to her. She was ecstatic about it. She screamed and hugged him.

                “Ah… congratulation oppa! I’m so happy for you” She hugged him tight.

                “Yeah thank you” He smiled at her. “Once I debuted, I wil work even harder. And once I become a top star and after you debuted I will tell everybody that you are my girlfriend!” He grinned foolishly.

                “Stop thinking about that. Just work hard for now” She scoffed at him.

                “I got it, I got it” He tickled her. “Aaaaah! I’m so happy” He lied on the floor, she followed him.

                “Sica-yah, what would you do If I get another girl?” He asked out of sudden, She got up and pouted at him.

                “Are you planning to get another girl once you debuted?” She scoffed “Then I’m going to meet a new guy which would be more handsome than you, you stupid fish” She continued. He widened his eyes upon hearing that. He got up and pinched her cheek.

                “WHAT? Why would you meet another guy?” He said loudly.

                “YAH oppa! Are you out of your mind? If you’re going to meet another girl then I’m also meeting a new guy. It’s not like I’m going to wait for you forever. Ah, you’re so weird” She threw her face to the other way. What was he thinking? Why would he scream at her like that. Argh, he could never stand it when she talked about another guy with him, even her friend. He was dead jealous.

                “I’m…. I’m sorry I was crazy” he said slowly. She took a glance at him and frowned her eyebrow.

                “Do you know how weird you were?” She said coldly. She had always looked cute when she was mad. He laughed and pinched her cheek.

                “I know… That is why I was sorry. I’m out of my mind.” He smiled and played with her cheek. “You do know how I couldn’t stand you talking about another guy” He said. She shook her head and glared at him. He poked her pouts and laughed. As he touched her lips with his fingers, he stopped laughing when he realized the atmosphere had become weird. She looked at him and froze. He brought his face closer to hers and cupped her cheeks. Right when she shut her eyes he chuckled and went up to kiss her forehead.

                “Jung Jessica, I love you”

 

               

                “I figured out you would be here” A voice were heard, he turned his head to that source of voice. She smiled at him.

                “O-oh.. T-the view is g-great here” He tried to find an excuse.

                “How long does that sofa had been there?” She chuckled and walked closer to the window.

                “Ten year I guess?”  He said. He tried to avoid her eyes.

                “I feel bad for not greeting you back then” She sat in front of him.

                “B-back then? Oh.. It’s fine” Why wouldn’t his lips speak like he usually did. What was with the trembling.

                “These day I feel bad to a lot of people.” She chuckled. “And the most recent, to Tyler oppa.” She said. That name, that name stabbed him right at his chest. He didn’t know how to react. He hated it, why would she talked about that guy with him. “Some of my fans were attacking his weibo account once the news broke. He said he was so surprised because he was clueless”  She chuckled again and looked at him.

                “Oh.. really? P-poor him” He said dryly but still with his trembling lips. Out of his expectation, she giggled upon hearing him. He looked at her indifferently.

                “5 years didn’t change you at all huh? Still couldn’t hide your expression well and still hate it when I talk about my friends to you” She said. That was like a hard slap to his face. He widened his eyes and shifted his gaze to some street view outside.

                “See?” She said again.

                “Y-you were also like that.” He replied. She looked at him confusedly. “You were like that last night in Radio Star” He continued.

                “Oh, so you watched me?” She grinned. He has always been an idiot. But he didn’t know he would be this idiot to share the fact that he watched her last night. ”Do you watch all of it?” Her expression changed a little bit calmer.

                “Y-yeah… I happened to see it last night while I was looking for some channel to watch” He explained. He looked at her, she was looking outside. Her gaze was weird, he felt like she wants to say something.

                “ah… really? Good thing you found me then”  She smiled. It was dead silence for a few seconds before she started again. “You know, I had always prefer a forehead kiss to a kiss on the lips.” She said out of the blue. “More over if it made me flutters. Just like… what you did”  She curved her lips a little bit. He was so surprised by her words. He looked at her and their eyes met. But He quickly turned his face away.

                “What do you mean?” He said as if nothing happened.

                “Haha, nothing” She smiled.

                And again, it was dead silence. But it was longer than before. Both of them were with their own memories flying back to their own head.

                “I t-thought you had a date down there?”  He finaly bulked up some courage and asked her. She giggled.

                “You really think it’s true? Is that why you have been awkward?”  She smiled. That sentence gave him a fresh air. He felt like the sadako that choked him and nearly killed him suddenly was thrown away afar. He felt like a spring wind was blowing his hair. He felt like everything in his mind has brightened up.  He couldn’t hide his wide smile.

                “I thought- you were.. so that was-“

                “I know that I said I’m not gonna wait forever but look how you have made me into a fool” She cut him off. “Oppa, Is it that hard to approach me after we broke up?”  She looked at him.

                “O-oh? I.. what?” He was so surprised that his tongue was stiff.

                She kissed him.