An Opportunity

Why her?

She looked beautiful, even though she was wearing only a peach tank top with high cut jeans and white converse. The fansign started and people started to come up and talk to us. I tried my best to pay attention to all of them and make some conversation, but I couldn't take my eyes off her. I did wonder when she would make her way to the table. I felt someone poking me on my side and I just knew it was Kyungsoo.

"What?" I answered.

"What are you doing right now?" He said as he was smiling to the fan in front of him. I wasn't in the mood to deal with his attitude, so I just shaked my head, as the same fan made her way in front of me asking for my signature. 

I could tell I was acting a little out of place today, but I really didn't care. The fansign was almost over and she had been sitting on her seat this whole time. It is true that being able to come means buying a  lot of albums and being able to come up here with us means spending more money, and since she didn't look korean, I wondered if she was struggling financially? If she was going to school? If she was, what school was she going to? Does she live by herself? All these questions started popping up in my head. I shaked my head, making those thoughts go away. It was time to go and we stood up, waving goodbye, yet my eyes could only make a face out of the enitre crowd. She was smiling and waving back. Her smile was just beautiful. She was just breathtaking in general and I couldn't understand what this feelings were supposed to mean. 

Making my way back to the van, I couldn't help but to think of her. Her face, her smile. Everything. I decided to look around, just as a habit, making sure sasaengs are not doing crazy things, when I saw a pink shirt walking the other direction the van was located. I tried to make the actual person, hoping it was her. She dropped something but didn't notice and kept walking, I took that moment to run up to her and hand her whatever she had dropped.

"Were do you think you're going?! We're leaving right now!!" Chen yelled from behind me.

"You guys go ahead! I forgot something!" I answered, waiting for most of them to get in the car.

I ran as fast as I could to reach her before it was too late. I kneeled down and picked up the card she had dropped. It was pocket size and white, however as I turned it around I was not expecting to find my picture there. I stared for a while, then realized she did know me. At least she had this with her.

I looked around and saw her walking down the street. I ran up to her, then stopped a few feet behind. What am I going to say? "Oh hey, I've been watching you and you dropped this." Because that doesn't sound like a creep at all! Ugh. When suddenly she turned around. She was definitely surprised to find me standing behind  her. I noticed her cheeks were turning into a pinkish color. She immediately bowed down and I didn't know how to react. I was standing in front of her. A few feet were in between us and I didn't know how to react. Quickly I bowed as well and looked down at my hand holding my photocard. She looked and I noticed her cheeks were now turning into a more redish color. She was embarrassed that was for sure. 

"I ... Sorry ... I noticed you dropped this." I said while handing her the photocard.

"Th-Thank you..." She said as she slowly grabbed it from my hand. Her fingers slightly touching mine, making me feel her warmth. She quickly took her hand with the photocard from mine. 

We stood there for what it seemed hours, until she bowed and started walking away. I had to do something! We finally had our own time and I needed to do something.

"Wait!" I said as I made my way next to her. "I never got your name."

She stopped and faced me. She had a big smile on her face. 

♦♦♦♦ 

Baekhyun ... My name is ....