05

Parallel Universe (SEQUEL Of That Stranger)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meanwhile, in the parallel universe, the same couple is falling apart...
 

Jongin smiled cheerfully as he waved at his girlfriend who just entered the cafe with a gloomy face.
"Jongin oppa, i think it would be good if we stay as good friends." You bit your lips.
"What do you mean? You are breaking up with me?" Jongin gasped.
You hesitated but slightly nodded,"Being friends is better for both of us." 
"What did i do wrong?" He gripped onto your wrist firmly.
"You... you cheated on me, you kissed another girl in the studio, i saw everything. " You tried struggling out from his grip.
"I... no, she pulled me. I would never cheat on you please, Jaeyi, don't leave me."
"No, shouldn't you at least tell me? I saw it with my own eyes, stop lying. Let's just say we have broken up. Friends, that's all we will be." You ran out of cafe, thank god for the rain that fall mercilessly, mixing with the tears that fell.
You believed that Jongin did not cheated on her after that, but you are forced to, forced to leave him. 

"I hoped you would leave my son." Jongin's mother said.
"Ommoni." Jaeyi frowned.
"Don't call me that," His mom raised her hand, stopping Jaeyi," My son got a letter from England to pursue his studies there. He has no future continue staying here."
"Mrs Kim, why not you tell your son to go?" Jaeyi eyes and nose turned red instantly.
"If i can, i would not be here talking to you." Her mom rolled her eyes,"So you got what i mean, break up with him." She didn't wait for Jaeyi's reply before standing up and left her alone, crying.

A single drop of grief welled up from the corner of his eye and suddenly, the dam broke. Hot torrents of grief coursed down his face, mingling with the rain, his racking sobs lost in the high winds that tore at his hair and clothes. 

Jongin did what his mom asked, he packed his luggage and headed to the airport. His restless face didn't annoy his mom at all, while she was just proud she could get rid of you so quickly. Before Jongin went into the departure hall, he took out his phone to check if he has any calls from you. He sighed as there is none.

But you...
Grabbing your phone close to your heart, wanting to call him so much, missing him so much. You trembled a little when you opened his message conversation. "As a friend, i can send me wishes as a friend." 
Bon voyage.  You send.

He stumbled when he heard his phone ringed. He beamed upon seeing your name. But his face fell when it read, Bon voyage. How did you know i am leaving?
He didn't wait, he moved out of the queue and dialed your number,"Hello?"
You quivered at his voice, the voice you misses,"Neh, Jongin oppa. Have a safe trip."
He wanted to ask how you knew about him leaving, but he shrugged off that idea,"Thank you, hmm, i don't know when i will be back."
Tears welled in your eyes, i won't able to see him anymore,"Oh, study well." You can't talk anymore with your brittle voice, one more word and you will burst into tears. 
Will you wait for me? This five words dragged in Jongin's mouth, whether he should tell you. But he dropped it.
I will wait for you. This five words lingered around your mind, whether you should say it out. But you cut the idea off.
"I have to board the plane now."
"Bye, go safely." 

-Doot-

The phone line was cut off. 
Your 6 months of relationship ended with him.
"Thank you, i love you." You muttered as you choke on your tears, crying.
"I will still love you, at all parts of the world." Jongin took in a deep breath and smiled.
 

Back to the same universe (we all lived in)...
 

Everyone mourns during Soojung's funeral. She has been a really nice girl, treating everyone amiably, giving others a helping hand when needed. All of them who attended her funeral let their tears fall, looking at the ground wondering,"How could a nice girl like her leave us so soon?" 
After the funeral, Soojung's dad walked towards Jongin," Jongin ah, we are really thankful for you. Thank y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter