3000 on Neptune with Minho

Explore The Universe With Me

A/N: I left this picture of a zygon here for reference. This should help those non-Whovians and also those Whovians who mix all of the aliens up, because I know I do!

 

 “How the hell did we even get here, Doctor?” you asked, coughing as the blue dirt feel from the sides of the hole you had dug. 

“Logically, I knew that there are zygons in the area and if they even get a wiff of you, you can change their presence to make themselves appear like us. And I know that one of you is trouble enough, two of you would be even worse.” he commented, tapping his sonic screwdriver against his brunette locks. You rolled your eyes and stood up slightly to see if there were any odd-looking aliens in the distance. You had seen them once before. They were big, red, and were covered in hole-er-pore things. You didn’t quite know the science behind them nor why would be after the two of you, but there was always something in your agenda these days.

“I see nothing.” you stated, casting your eyes over the sandy dunes and darkening sky. The man rolled his eyes and pulled you back down.

Be careful. And they could pretend to be anything, even a grain of sand. They could be in here. Oh Gallifrey!” he started shifted around hurriedly scanning the sand with his screwdriver to see if there were any aliens in this hole with you. Luckily, there weren’t any and his breath slowed down within a couple minutes. You patted his back for comfort.

“Look, I’m sure we will be able to find the TARDIS a whole lot quicker if you didn’t inspect every grain of sand. We’ll be were for millenniums!” you sighed, watching him hold a seemingly peculiar piece up to the sunlight. He tossed the grain of sand down onto the bottom of the hole and nodded in defeat, cautiously standing up and surveying what was around him.

“It’s looks like you were right. There’s nothing here. All sand looks pretty much normal. Well, for me. I don’t know if there’s any blue sand on Earth.” he laughed, giving you hand to pull you up. Once you were above ground, you wiped the sand from your blouse and jeans and started off in the direction you came from, knowing the TARDIS couldn’t be too far off. 

And you were right-there it was, standing next to a large boulder. The two of you jogged over to your ride back home when suddenly the light on his screwdriver began to flash. You bit your lip and met his eyes, silently asking him what was going on. His eyes were wide and shocked, slowly turning towards the blue telephone box. However, it was no longer there.

Low and behold, there was your choice of alien enemy. The zygon stood about as tall as the boulder and was a great contrast from the blueness that surrounded you. And worst of all, it didn’t looked very happy. But did aliens ever really look happy?

Run!” the Doctor yelled, pulling you in the opposite direction, holding onto your hand tightly. “Remember this! I am holding your hand! If you see me anywhere else around you, don’t be fooled! Now run!” he yelled, kicking up dust and dirt in his tracks. You tightly clasped onto his hand and gave your best to keep up with him.

By the time the both of you had tired yourselves out, the zygon was nowhere in sight. You leaned against a rock wall and caught your breath while the Doctor went in search for a stream of running water nearby, giving you a codeword to know that it’s really him when he returns. Of all the words he could pick, he chose the term ‘moist’. Who the hell does that?, you thought. That’s probably one of the top three most disgusting words of all time. He couldn’t pick daffodil or even fish fingers. Crazy man, he is.

“Hello, I’m back! I found a stream just a few paces away, the water is nice and cold! After all that running it’s like heave, I’m tellin’ ya!” he exclaimed, motioning towards the rock clusters behind him. You were about to ask him where exactly the stream was when you realized something very important.

“How else would you describe the water?” you asked apprehensively.

“Cool, wet, hydrating, and other synonyms that go along with those above.” he replied simply.

You nodded calmly then took a few steps backwards before jolting into a run once again, forgetting that the real Doctor was probably eaten or still out there. You didn’t care at the moment, because you had a zygon in the shape of a well-fit man chasing after you at the moment.

When you turned around the boulder where the makeshift TARDIS was, you saw the Doctor leaning against the wall looking straight you, eyes full of concern. You immediately turned around to see the Doctor chasing after you, yelling your name desperately. You swallowed thickly and look to your left, only to see a rock wall blocking you from your escape. You closed your eyes for one second and made an immediate decision.

“Both of you! Stop!” you ordered, shielding your face with both of your arms. When you saw that both men stopped, you caught your breath and tried to think like the Doctor would. 

“All right, what’s my favorite color?” you asked, smirking slightly. You looked to the man on your left first, tilting your head for the answer.

“Purple! Of course, what kind of stupid question is that?” he responded. You nodded then turned to the other man on your right, expecting his answer.

“I don’t know your stupid freaking color! Why the hell should I? Orange, green, pink, yellow! I don’t know!” he exclaimed, throwing his arms into the air. You laughed nervously to yourself, biting your lip as you scanned the two men for small differences that could somewhat hint you into who was the real time traveler and who was the zygon. I never did tell him what my favorite color was, you thought. But it is purple...he might just know because he’s a genius. That backfired badly. What else could I ask?

“Code word.” you stated, using this as your final chance. Both men looked at one another, analyzing for the answer. I surely can’t be chased by two zygons, you thought at this reaction. Then what happened to the Doctor? That wouldn’t make sense. But he couldn’t of seriously forgotten the code word. He doesn’t forget that easily.

“Begins with a M...” you hinted, hoping the real man would remember with his hint. Immediately the man on the right stepped forward and smirked, clicking his tongue.

“Moist.” he nonchalantly said, winking at the other man. The man on the left looked towards him with wide eyes of surprise, gasping loudly.

“No, he’s not real! He’s the zy-” was all you were able to hear before the man before you morphed into a zygon, towering over you. You shrieked in fear and realized that you had nowhere to go. You were surrounded, and this would be it. You closed your eyes and waited for whatever the creature wanted to do to happen, however, you felt nothing lay a tentacle on you. After a few silent moments, you opened your eyes to see an exact clone of you standing in front of you.

You gasped in horror, noticing how exact the details were. Even identical twins had small differences that could tell them apart. You and the zygon looked exactly alike, like someone had made a copy of you through a 3D printer or something. It was beyond anything you had ever seen and you were scared right down to the bone.

“What the fu-” you exhaled, only to be interrupted the real Doctor behind your clone.

“Don’t be afraid. Just think of your own weaknesses. Didn’t you say once that you get confused easily? Confuse yourself!” he yelled from the sidelines. He’s right, you thought. What confuses me more than anything? Math! I hate math! You smirked and cracked your neck, placing your hands on your hips, preparing yourself to go math-teacher on yourself.

“Using the height and width of the rock’s shadow right here, please calculate the height of the boulder and give an estimate at what time the shadow will completely disappear as well.” you instructed. Your clone turned towards the boulder, looking at the rock with a confused expression. You took this moment to run away from the creature, allowing the Doctor to quickly catch up with you and take your hand in his.

“The TARDIS is over here. The real one, I promise.” he pulled you over towards a crater ditch. You carefully followed him down the wall of the crater and saw that he was indeed right: there the familiar telephone booth was. He opened the door for you and pushed you inside and following suit. Once the door was shut and locked, he ran over to play with the controls on the dashboard as if nothing had just happened. You walked over by his side and looked at him with the same confused expression you saw your clone wear a few moments ago.

“I am so disappointed in you, sir. How the hell could you forget the freaking code word?” you asked.

“It was in the moment, you really can’t blame me. And to be honest the first word that came to mind when you said it began with an M was moose but I didn’t think we were having a conversation about moose. Should I have said it anyway? Do they even have moose on Neptune?” he wondered, tapping his chin curiously. You slapped your forehead.

“No, they don’t, and we’re not going back out there to prove that I’m right. If there weren’t any on Venus, Saturn, or even Jupiter, then I doubt that there’s any on Neptune. If you want, we can go back to present-day Earth and go to a zoo or something and see one.” you offered, working with some of the controls to look as if you knew what you were doing. You actually didn’t; you just knew which ones were there for decorational purposes.

“Nah, that’s too boring. If I wanted to see a moose I’m sure my lovely TARDIS has a room full of ‘em. Just might take a while to find.” he stated, the console lovingly. You rolled your eyes at the romantic behavior, knowing all too full of his technical .

“Well, anyway...” you slowly lead the man off the subject, as well as guiding his hand off the console before he got too dirty. “Where are we going to next? Past? Future? Present?” you asked. “Because I am full of ideas but I just can’t pick one.”

“How does the kingdom of Atlantis sound? Very beautiful and...what was out code word again?” he asked. You pinched the bridge of your nose and shook your head, regretfully telling him that it was ‘moist’. He continued.

“Very beautiful and moist! That’s it! Let’s go there-I hope you can swim!” he chucked, heading around the controls, spinning and pressing odd levers and buttons. You couldn’t help but to laugh at how crazy this life was, even if it was as dangerous as it had been today.