Lee Jihye

Zealous

Howon sat in the limousine van quietly while the other members were busy chattering about the game they just got themselves addicted to. They were all facing each other's phone while sharing tips to score higher and some targetting to hit on the other members' scores. To be exact Dongwoo was determined to beat Sungyeol's score that was going higher everytime he plays.

"Yah! Can you just run out of wings already!? I am dying here!" Dongwoo pushed Sungyeol's hand to make him missed his chance on the level.

"Aish! I hate you! Luckily I'm still alive. If you're running out of wings go and ask for some!" Sungyeol said and purposely pointed towards Howon who was facing his handphone but he was the only one who didn't really got himself caught in the game fever. 

"Yah, Howon-ah! Can you give me a wing? Please." He plead.

Howon was startled and sighed. 

"Yah, you're still trying to text that girl? How many years have it been? Dude, I know there is no 'give up' in your life but, for once, you have. Especially for this one. Give up." Dongwoo said. "And the most important thing for you to do now is give me one wing." Dongwoo smiled.

Howon gave Dongwoo his phone and pretended to sleep. "Just take them all. The game is really boring. Why are you guys so into that game? The game I play brewing coffees and roasting the beans are alot better." Howon said and turned his back on them.

"Not a problem for me." Dongwoo said. 

When the other members thought Howon was sleeping, he opened his eyes slowly as he started to recall his trainee days.

---

Among all of the members, he was the quiet one, the cold one. He preffered to practice alone and to him, among the other members he was the one lacking in visuals. He considered himself as having an average korean face. He didn't have fans that would write him letters and give him presents. He was the kind of trainee that the fans thought as a staff. He used to deliver the presents from fans to the other members as they always thought he was the staffs.

"Guys, lets wrap up for today!" The trainer said as all of them started to lie flat on the floor. "What should I do with your weak bodies?" The trainer questioned himself.

"So, who is up for some BBQ?" Sunggyu asked. However, most of them ran out of money. They looked down knowing that they're all empty pockets. "Its my treat!" Sunggyu added and they all cheered up leaving Howon the only one giving a slight smile.

While the other members were packing their stuffs ready to leave, Howon walked towards the cd player and inserted a cd. Sunggyu stopped walking as Howon started to dance.

"Howon-ah! You're not coming?" 

"I have a lot more to practice. I am still awkward with the dance step just now. It's okay, I am on my diet anyway." He said. 

However, there were other reasons why he refused to go down together with the rest of the members. He has no fans. While the others, kept on receiving love letters, presents, he would always be the one coming out from the company empty handed. It lowered his self esteemed. Due to this fact, he considered getting plastic surgery a few times to get more attention from fans but it cost too much and he was afraid to change whatever he already have perfectly on his face. As soon as the members went out, he switched the cd and insterted a different one. 

He sand 'A Goose's Dream' and slowly tears up. The song has always been the song that kept him going. He sand his heart out before leaving the practice room feeling depressed and difficult. When he was about to walk out of the door, he saw a tall guy away from the company's building. 

"What is he doing?" Howon questioned himself

He looked at the figure of the guy running. "Could it be my fan?" He laughed. "What kind of nonsense are you talking about? You. Have fans?" Howon talked to himself. "But, that must have been great." 

He went to a PC Room and he logged on the internet before going back to the dorm. He searched for hi name and there was nothing that came up. Suddenly, as he scrolled down, he saw a link and he sat back in disbelief. He smiled to himself and suddenly tears of happiness fell rolled down his cheeks.

"Lee Howon Fancafe." He read. "I have a fancafe.Wow." He smiled.

 

---

Howon looked away from his phone and sent another message to the number. He told about his day and the interview. How he thought about her. Lee Jihye.

---

Hyungsu Hospital

*phone vibrates* 

Woobin opened his drawer and looked at the phone that was vibrating. He sighed and put it back in the drawer. 

"Aish." Woobin put down his pen and stopped writing the medical reports and stared on the empty walls infront of him. "He's not giving up." 

Woobin started to remeber all the crazy days he had when he was a high schooler. He remembered well, there were the years that he abandoned his studies for the sake of one person. A person that he really likes. The person who made him study even harder. Lee Jihye.

It was getting darker and the other members left the company but one was missing. Woobin peeked at the group of guys leaving Woolim. 6 of them only.

"The other guy must be in the practice room." Then, a loud booming music started playing for a few minutes before it stopped and started playing a melodious ballad 'A Goose's Dream' 

Woobin took out his recorder and started recording the guy singing. Although he doubted that he could get a good clear version of the singing, he was trying is best. Although he was having a hard time lifting his hand for a few minutes for one lousy singing, he wasn't giving up. Soon, when the song ended, he quickly took his bag and run away from Woolim. 

"Aish, I think that guy saw me running." Woobin said looking at the recorder he was holding onto. "I hope you like it." 

Woobin went to Jihye's house hurriedly and he was excited to tell her whatever he had succeeded doing for her. She haven't came out from her room for a few days and it really made him upset. He knew his bestfriend was in need of some help. Knowing Jihye who likes to pretend to be independent, he knew Jihye was needing a shoulder to cry on and a support to give her more spirits to keep on going. He arrived at her house and quickly rang the bell.

"Aunty, its me, Woobin." Woobin said and soon the gate automatically opened for him.

He entered and greeted Jihye's parents before they offered him to join for dinner. However he refused to because he knew it would delay the time that he has. He had to read a chapter all by himself because he has been skipping schools for Jihye without his parents knowing. He knocked Jihye's door and entered. 

"Jihye hey hey!" He joked although he knew Jihye wasn't smiling. "Look what I got you." Woobin showing her his recorder and plugged in the earphones for her. He played the recording and slowly, Jihye started smiling while looking into Woobin's eyes. 

"Kim Woobin!!" She hugged him. "Thank you so much!" She shed tears and laughed. "You've always knew what to do when I am down." 

"He sang 'A Goose's Dream' just now.I wasn't sure of the quality of the recording but I tried my best." Woobin said. "The song, is really good for you to listen to in these kind of situation." Woobin said and smiled.

Jihye slowly looked at the recorder and smiled on her own. "Do you remember when I told you I found his recording online? It was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard." She confessed being a big fan of Howon. "He is such a good singer. Somehow, he lifted my spirits and made me felt better." 

"Why don't you write him letters or something?" Woobin asked. 

"Won't it be too obvious?" Jihye said. "But, I just opened a fancafe for him." Jihye smiled. "And, I found his facebook. I hope he'll accept my friend request!" Jihye had her fingers crossed hoping that he would approve her. 

Woobin smiled slightly and was glad that his friend smiled again.

"Jihye-ah, don't skip your meals. Your parents are calling you for your dinner. I have to go. See you later!" Woobin said and left the house. 

-----

"And she has never stopped liking him. Aish." Woobin said. "I can just close down that fancafe of him! Its just that I am still nice to you, I am yet to deactivate the fancafe!" Woobin said. 

"Dr Kim! There is a patient coming.The paramedics confirmed that he's unconscious and is in a critical condition.

"I'll be there." Woobin took his coat and ran out of his office. 

===================================================

So, this is my first chapter~~~ I hope you guys like it... so, its a bit of the exposure of who is Jihye~~ hehehe... do subscribe, comment and also click the upvote button^^ THANK YOU!!