Summer

No Tomorrow

Summer vacation was two months of pure bliss; everyday was filled with basketball, the beach, more basketball, shopping, and more basketball.  Suho gradually became one of the boys while Chen barely joined them anymore.

Chanyeol managed to almost erase Baekhyun from his memories.  Of course from time to time, a pang of sadness would hit at night, and thunderstorms would worry him into the brinks of insomnia, but Chanyeol had built his walls higher and locked his heart tighter than ever. The boys knew better than to bring up anything about Baekhyun and when Chen joined them, they acted as if they didn’t know anything.  Chanyeol was thankful for this because the last thing he wanted was to get arrested for first degree murder. 

“We have an announcement!” Luhan clinked his cup with his fork.  Everyone looked up from their pasta except Sehun, who was pushing around an olive on his plate with his spoon. 

“What, you guys are finally getting married?”  Tao asked, picking up his soda. 

Sehun dropped his spoon.  “Not us…” 

Luhan looked at him nervously. 

“Luhan’s mom and my dad are getting married.”  Sehun announced. 

Tao choked on his drink and Sehun quickly clapped his back. 

“Your parents were dating?”  Chanyeol dropped his pizza.

“For four years now”  Luhan played with a napkin. 

“Four years?”  Tao’s face wrinkled in disgust. 

“That’s why you guys were dating without the label during all of highschool?” Kris tsked.

Luhan zipped open his bookbag and passed around small white envelopes with their names. 

“This is your invitation and tickets.  It’s in two weeks from today.” 

“Man I can’t believe this is happening” Tao shook his head as he stared at his name written in gold letters.

Luhan stuffed two envelopes back into his bag. 

“We uh, Sehun and I decided to invite Baekhyun and Chen also.” 

Chanyeol froze at the name.  The name he had erased again and again from his head.  The name he refused to remember. 

“I know it’s really inconvenient and uncomfortable….but we couldn’t NOT invite them” Sehun apologetically looked at Chanyeol.

“But don’t worry; you’re two whole tables away from them!” Luhan reassured him. 

Chanyeol felt even more aggravated.  Baekhyun was at another table, with Chen? 

“Can I bring my girlfriend?” Kris piped up. 

“Sure” 

“Sweet” Kris immediately took out his phone and started texting. 

Tao rolled his eyes and nudged him hard.  Kris glared back, mouthing: what?

Suho pat Chanyeol on the back comfortingly.  He knew this wasn’t going to be easy. 

Chanyeol would be seeing Byun Baekhyun in two weeks. 

Chanyeol would be seeing the love of his life in two weeks.