(X) Do you like your eggs with a kiss Sir?

Love Can Set You Free

A/N: Hey guys! Long time no see? I've had an extremely long and stressful break from writing but I am more determined than ever before to finish this story! I hope my readers are still out there somewhere and that they enjoy this chapter! Much love x 


“Eggs? Bacon? What is this? A hotel?”

 

Jinyoung had been living in Jaebum’s apartment for just over three weeks and every time he was treated to breakfast, he thought he was living a fantasy where he got to wash every night and eat three hot meals a day.

 

“It’s just a little something to eat before we head off to school” Jaebum cooed in his ear before taking a seat beside him on the bed.

 

The past three weeks, for both of them, had been a great bonding experience and a routine eventually developed. Jaebum would wake the sleepy Jinyoung in the morning with an array of either European or American delicacies, he would watch him to make sure he ate it all and then the two would watch a movie or something on TV. Afterwards, they usually went to get fresh air and this was the time of day that Jinyoung hated the most as it was when he was most likely to run into trouble. Jaebum however was convinced the fresh air and exercise would only do Jinyoung the world of good. He thought of his mother on the walks and how she would always bring him out walking, as she believed it to be the best thing for anyone. He would often stay silent during the walks.

 

Jinyoung noticed the silence and the changed atmosphere on the walks and wrongly assumed it was just because Jaebum was anxious about running into trouble. He tried to make the atmosphere light and the two even held hands on a few occasions.

 

After their daily walk the two would return to the apartment where Jinyoung would help Jaebum make lunch for the both of them and sometimes Jaebum’s father and stepmother too. They were often absent for the most part and it was mainly just the two boys in the house at one time.

 

“Go on eat up” Jaebum nudged him with his elbow and the TV to show some terrible reality show.

 

“I could get used to this you know, all the extravagant breakfasts!” Jinyoung chuckled, stuffing his mouth with bacon.

 

“Extravagant? I should take you to a 5 star hotel then you’ll see” Jaebum shuffled up closer to Jinyoung on the bed and smiled at the thought.

 

In the evening time the two boys would usually cook together and then spend some time apart either studying or doing other things however Jaebum found it increasingly harder to be separated from Jinyoung for more than one hour at a time. He often strummed his guitar outside his room that Jinyoung was staying in for the meantime.

 

Jinyoung interrupted Jaebum’s strumming one particular evening and poked his head outside the door, coughing a little to get Jaebum’s attention. The elder’s head twisted around and he looked up with a lazy smile.

 

“Shouldn’t you be sleeping Jinyoung?” Jaebum almost cooed, setting down his guitar and patting the space next to him for Jinyoung to sit down.

 

“I have too much on my mind to sleep right now” Jinyoung admitted, plopping himself down beside Jaebum, his legs crossed over each other.

 

It wasn’t often Jaebum had thoughts about Jinyoung but his eyes slowly made his way down the other’s body taking in his now much healthier figure; his frame was no longer so fragile, his torso no longer so inwards looking and his thighs...his thighs were bigger and-

 

Jinyoung coughed and Jaebum immediately looked up with his mouth hanging open.

 

“Uh- sorry I was just distracted-“Jaebum coughed awkwardly and pushed his hand back through his hair, “What’s up Jinyoung?”

 

 Jinyoung hadn’t said much about his previous life to Jaebum as he didn’t want to scare the kid away but lately his thoughts had been focused on his life growing up in rural North Korea. He had told...well no one exactly about his old life in fear of being ostracised but he felt comfortable with Jaebum.

 

“I want to tell you...about my life growing up” Jinyoung started very slowly, the pain in his eyes and voice evident to Jaebum who moved to be closed to Jinyoung.

 

“T-take your time...” Jaebum assured him, placing a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it very softly; he was still certain Jinyoung was feeling pain throughout his body and didn’t want to interrupt the healing process.

 

Over the course of the next hour, Jinyoung spilt out his entire back-story to an understanding Jaebum, sparring him no details. He spoke of his father being shot, his mother’s profession and her untimely demise and finally his debt problems. He kept his composure throughout which astounded Jaebum the most; how could someone who went through so much speak so freely?

 

“I cannot believe how much you have suffered...” Jaebum started off, unsure of what exactly to say, “But...your suffering is over now, as long as you let me...I won’t let anything bad happen again and that’s a promise.” Jaebum said nervously, his palms sweating and his eyes darting low.

 

Jinyoung threw his arms around Jaebum and pulled him in for a tight hug. Jaebum, caught off guard, placed his hands around Jinyoung’s waist and kept them there for a while before the two pulled away. They maintained eye contact after the hug and with their hands resting in the same position, the two boys leaned to kiss each other softly.

 

Jaebum’s hands roamed down Jinyoung’s back as their tongues melted into the kiss, their heads moving in time with the rhythm. Jinyoung let out a soft noise in the middle of the kiss as their bodies moved closer to each other. Their bliss was not meant to be when the noise of someone clearing their throat was heard.

 

Jinyoung immediately slid off of Jaebum’s lap and the two boys looked up to see Jaebum’s less than pleased father standing before the both of them. After mumbling a half assed apology, Jaebum said goodnight to Jinyoung and the two boys and the grown man departed for bed.

 


 

Yugyeom, who was nursing an extreme hangover from a night of heavy drinking sat at the table in the canteen with his face pressed firmly against the cold metal of his empty tray. His unopened bottle of orange juice sat next to him and his bag was slung over the back of his seat. He slowly raised his head as he heard trouble approach the table in the form of Jackson and Mark’s loud voices.

 

“The meat is the best one Mark you’re just too stupid to realise it!” Jackson said playfully before taking his seat opposite Mark and beside Yugyeom. He gave him a slight poke and was greeted with Yugyeom’s glare.

 

“Please...Jackson for one day can you NOT be a loud obnoxious creature?” Yugyeom said in a very low voice.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Yuggie!” Jackson grinned as he took a bite out of his apple and munched on it loudly.

 

Bam arrived at the table after with Youngjae and sat opposite Yugyeom who had given up on trying to get some sleep and instead was listening to his music in hopes of drowning out Jackson’s obnoxious voice.

 

The five boys had become extremely close in such a short time, putting their differences in the past in order to get along. With both Jaebum and Jinyoung absent for the past few weeks, things had slowly returned to normal at school and onlookers would have assumed the five boys had all been friends for years.

 

“Is that-?” Mark suddenly shot up his head in the direction of the canteen doors to see Jaebum and Jinyoung walk in. He couldn’t believe his eyes and so he rubbed them to make sure he wasn’t dreaming.

 

Jinyoung looked healthier- he had gained weight, the bags underneath his eyes were gone and he even looked toned underneath his white long sleeved shirt. Jaebum walked alongside him, his usual smirk on his face and his bag hanging on one of his shoulders. He stopped short of the table when he saw Jackson’s face but Jinyoung continued on, giving the boys at the table a smile. They all looked back at Jinyoung in surprise; Yugyeom even took out his headphones.

 

“Jinyoung-ah...you look...” Mark trailed off, unable to find the words.

 

“Good! You look really...good!” Bam finished for him, flashing him a smile.

 

“Thanks...do you have room for us?” Jinyoung asked, turning around to flash a smile at Jaebum who returned it with a scowl.

 

“They don’t have room. We can go sit somewhere else” Jaebum said lowly, grabbing Jinyoung’s arm before mark stopped him.

 

“We have room!” Mark interjected quickly, pulling over two empty chairs, “Come sit!”

 

Jaebum rolled his eyes as Jinyoung dragged him over to the table, sitting down on the seat furthest away from Jackson whom he shot daggers at with his eyes.

 

“How are you feeling?” Jackson asked Jinyoung in a nervous voice, his eyes looking over to see Jaebum’s outraged expression.

 

“He’s fine but no thanks to you!” Jaebum shot back, his eyes wide and his mouth open.

 

“I’m fine Jackson...thanks” Jinyoung shrugged awkwardly and kicked Jaebum’s foot underneath the table before he started to speak again, “I’m glad you’re all here because I wanted to talk about something”

 

“If it’s about Jackson’s dad then we’ve already been discussing it” Youngjae said

 

“I don’t think we need to discuss this right now-“Jaebum was cut off

 

“We have come to the conclusion that he will stop at nothing to get his revenge on you Jinyoung” Mark said in an uneasy voice, his hand reaching over to rest on Jinyoung’s arm, “But that all six of us are ready to help you”

 

“As long as we stick together, nothing bad will happen to us” Bam added with Yugyeom nodding his hung-over head shortly after in agreement.

 

“I don’t want him to kill you...that’s the last thing I want to happen” Jackson said with sad eyes. The fact that his father was a ruthless killer and drug lord was still something he had trouble digesting but he was hopeful that Jinyoung could escape unhurt from this.

 

“Enough!” Jaebum put up his hands and stood up, “Do we really have to discuss this now? Jinyoung is safe with me. We don’t this protection posse. I won’t be a part of it” Jaebum left the table and turned around to look at Jinyoung, “Are you coming or not?” He asked

 

Jinyoung bit his lip and exchanged looks around the table but nodded his head and stood up, scurrying after Jaebum who slammed the canteen door shut on their way out.

 

“Well that went well” Yugyeom sighed and rested his head back down upon his tray.

 


 

With important exams approaching, Mark was under more pressure than ever before to excel in his studies. He spent the evening in the library at school, working on algebra formulas, English translation and his biology homework too. It was just after 9 at night when he left the library, putting in his oversized earphones to make the cold trek home.

 

‘I’ll be home in twenty minutes mom!’ Mark typed out on his cell phone before placing it back into his pocket.

 

As Mark reached the bridge just five minutes from his house, he noticed the light humming of a machine coming from behind him. He titled his head slightly and removed one earphone to hear the noise of a car travelling very slowly along the road. It was a black sedan and the windows were tinted a dark colour. The car increased in speed, as did Mark’s footsteps, until it cruised along beside him.

 

“Long time no see!” A voice boomed from inside the car.

 

Mark stopped in his tracks despite his head telling him to run home. He looked over to the car and saw Jackson’s father smiling at him.

 

Mark’s blood went cold and he removed his other earphone, letting them swing from around his neck. He had not physically seen Jackson’s father in a number of years so this face to face meeting was quite shocking. The man had aged quite a lot in such a short space of time; he had grey/black hair, dark eyes and wrinkled skin. His lips were thin and they curved into a sinister looking smile.

 

“W-what do you want?” Mark asked in a timid voice, his feet backing up slightly.

 

“Do you need a ride home? You live just across the bridge right? Number 393?” Jackson’s father grinned at the youngster.

 

“N-no- I’m fine s-sir-“Mark managed to get out softly

 

“Aw that’s too bad! You know it’s dangerous to walk alone at night! Get home soon won’t you? Your mother will be worried sick!” Jackson’s dad shouted out the window as he sped off in the opposite direction.

 

Mark’s heart raced and he sped up his walk home, eventually turning it into a run as his house was in sight. Sweat dripped down his forehead and his legs wobbled from the weight of his backpack. He stopped at a traffic light and after looking both ways he deemed it safe to cross.

 

“Mark?”

 

Mark stopped halfway across the road and as he turned around to look for who called his name, the all too familiar black sedan crept up on him with his back turned with immense speed, pushing him to the ground with an almighty crack. The car sped off and Mark fell to the ground.