Surprises

Shattered pieces of red, bright pieces of blue and colorful times with you...

"—I have no idea haha but I would love to taste it someday

I promise someday we’ll go to China together and I will take you to the best restaurant so you can eat it

Really, hyung? You are the best!— Chanyeol embraced him so tightly that it was hard to breathe. Chanyeol’s arms were wrapped around Yi Fan’s neck. In response, Yi Fan wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s waist, delicately intertwining his hands at the younger’s back —I cherish you so much, hyung—"

 

Yi Fan woke up thanks to his alarm clock. It was already Monday morning and Chanyeol was still in his head.

 

~

"—Hyung, I like your company

And I like yours, Chanyeol

You have changed so much! I love that you are so sweet

I changed because of you…— Yi Fan said as he got closer to Chanye-"

 

These weird dreams again? Chanyeol, please! Get out of my head! At least when I sleep

 

~

We can meet tomorrow…if you would, hyung

I don’t think we can meet, Chanyeol. I have to study for my…— Yi Fan couldn’t finish the sentence because Chanyeol started walking towards him —…for my…— Chanyeol was getting closer and closer with a really different look in his face…it was…y —…for m…— Chanyeol was so close now, he started ing his own shirt —for…— Chanyeol sat in Yi Fan’s legs —fo…for... — Chanyeol moved a little and that started to drive Yi Fan crazy —fo…— Chanyeol took Yi Fan’s hands and placed them in his slim waist —fff…— Chanyeol brought their lips togeth-

 

Yi Fan woke up in the middle of the night, he was sweating profusely. He wasn’t sure if he was sad or relieved that the dream had come to an end.

“Why, Chanyeol? Why do you have to appear like that in my dreams and make me doubt about my ualit- Shhh!! What the heck am I thinking?”

Focus, Yi Fan! Focus! — he said rubbing his temples and trying to concentrate on his notes.

 

~

“—HYUNG!!!!! Ah!~ — Chanyeol was too excited! His face was completely covered in sweat and his hands were trying to grab the sheets desperately but his nails were intensely digging into the mattress.

Chanyeol! — Yi Fan was agitated; he could barely speak because his lungs were running out of oxygen —If it hurts that much, we can stop…

Ah!!!~ I like you there, hyung! Right there! —“

 

It was enough! Yi Fan woke up to find his lower self painfully hard.

ENOUGH! Great, Park Chanyeol! You only appear in a dream and you are able to like…this!

Yi Fan wasn’t completely glad with the idea of waking up on a Friday morning just to find himself with a painful and hard problem in his pants but then he remembered about Chanyeol’s face in the dream, the drops of sweat that ran down his face, his neck and traveled all along his torso until they reached Chanyeol’s…

Okay! Perfect! You win! I am perfectly gay for you, Park Chanyeol!

All the week, Chanyeol had been appearing in Yi Fan’s weirdest dreams. Yi Fan felt so lucky because Chanyeol was very busy studying for his exams and that way they hadn’t been able to meet. Yi Fan didn’t want to see Chanyeol yet because he was so ashamed of his own dreams that he wouldn’t know what to do if they were face to face again. Yi Fan was still thinking about the way he would act next time he sees Chanyeol. How to be able to greet him and act normally when he is actually thinking “Hey! You happened to appear in all my wet dreams this week! The last one was so that it even caused the biggest I have had in my whole life! But please! Don’t think I am a ert! It’s just that I can’t help getting hard when I see you sweating under me… MY name!”?

Wow, Yi Fan! Wow! — he scolded himself.

Little did he know that Chanyeol would have been more than happy to hear that confession…

The thing is when we are so in love, sometimes it’s hard for us to realize some things…even if one of those things is that the person who we love so much…also feels the same way about us.

 

It arrived. The moment that Yi Fan was afraid of had finally arrived.

H-hi hyung— Chanyeol seemed nervous and a bit uncomfortable.

Ch-chanyeol…Hi…

Awkward.

It’s Friday night…don’t tell me you are going to lock yourself to study again! — Chanyeol , trying to feel normal again. There was no way he was letting his feelings spoil their friendship. Their friendship had been so difficult to form that Chanyeol wanted to keep it forever.

Well, I guess no— he chuckled, venturing himself to look at Chanyeol; after all, the younger boy could mistake his actions when he tried to evade his gaze and Yi Fan didn’t want it to happen.

What if we go to the mall tonight? I heard they opened a new library today

That would be…— Yi Fan was totally aware that every second he spent with Chanyeol, contributed to make him fall in love more and more with the younger boy. But he couldn’t help it, Chanyeol was the only inspiration in his life and the only reward that he got at the end of the day. He was not going to keep that happiness away from him —…fantastic— he smiled.

Chanyeol took him by his wrist and dragged him outside the university…right to the beautiful sunset sky that soon enough would be covered in stars.

The time they spent at the mall was actually great. For both of them was really great to spend time together after a long week apart from each other.

Hyung, thank you for today— Chanyeol said as they walked to Yi Fan’s apartment.

Thanks for what? I mean, you were the one that invited me to go out and forget about the studies for a while. The only thing I did was buying these ice-creams, so I will only accept the “thank you”s that are related to the ice-creams— he laughed and Chanyeol smiled as soon as he saw his hyung happy expression.

Thank you for always being by my side, hyung. I think I would never get used to my life without you around. I hope we never have to be apart from each other

Thank you, Chanyeol. Thank you for changing my world and for teaching me how to live” these were simple thoughts but they were full of sincerity. Yi Fan was lost in Chanyeol’s eyes.

When he noticed Yi Fan wasn’t answering, Chanyeol got ashamed of what he had just said and rushed to say something:

It’s cold

Oh! What?! — Yi Fan was dragged out of his own thoughts by Chanyeol’s voice —Oh right! It’s cold…

It’s a pity that none of us brought jackets

I didn’t brought one because I didn’t know we were going out tonight…you are so unpredictable— Yi Fan said looking straight to Chanyeol’s eyes. Words were just flowing. Chanyeol’s eyes were really gorgeous. They were dark and deep but they showed joy and innocence. They were like a fantasy, a fantasy that Yi Fan would have loved to lose himself in.

I guess you are right…I can’t help been unpredictable— Chanyeol was lost in Yi Fan’s lips. They were perfect, especially when his tongue slowly the rest of ice-cream on them. Chanyeol strongly wished to be the one that ice-cream, he wished to be the only one whose lips got by that magical tongue and he wished for that tongue to meet with his own one in his own mouth. And for the first time since he had accepted his feelings for Yi Fan, he felt as if anything else matter…just Yi Fan and him. He was just following his heart’s orders —I am actually good in giving surprises…

Surprises? I would love to be surprised by you someday

I think you won’t have to wait too long for that, hyung— he said as he got closer —because this one is the best surprise I can give you— and Chanyeol brought their lips together.

The kiss was soft and innocent; it was more like a little touch on the lips. Yi Fan never expected it. He was left immobile and really surprised. Chanyeol had taken Yi Fan’s upper lip between his own ones and he was pulling out slowly…until they were brought apart with a soft sound. Yi Fan’s lips tasted like Vanilla ice-cream and now Chanyeol’s lips tasted like that too.

Yi Fan opened his eyes and he saw Chanyeol’s were still closed. He was unable to explain the way he was feeling: never in his plans was “to be kissed by Chanyeol at 9 pm under the stars”. He was really surprised, he remained immobile in front of Chanyeol as he saw the latter one started to slowly open his eyes. However, a powerful feeling was taking over, blocking any kind of reaction he tried to do. Yi Fan could still feel the contact of those delicate and soft lips. Chanyeol’s lips were magical. He never thought something was able to stop his heart from beating, to stop his world from turning…but Chanyeol’s kiss was able to do that…and many things more.

Yi Fan was at a loss for words, but in the best way. He felt as his insides were filled with a joy that he couldn’t manage, everything was perfect, he thought nothing could go wrong until…

I am sorry, hyung! I am so sorry! I know you will never want to see me again. I am really sorry. I am going home. Please, don’t follow me…I am sorry— and when he finished, he ran away…disappearing of Yi Fan’s sight without giving him time to react.

Ch-chanyeol! — it was useless. The boy wasn’t around anymore.

Chanyeol ran as much as his long legs let him. There was only a single thought in his mind: Yi Fan’s lips. That single memory made him feel happy but also the sharpest pain. He never planned on kissing Yi Fan. Things just flowed. Chanyeol wasn’t an impulsive person but having Yi Fan in front of him, so close, with his perfectly kissable lips and his soft stare (that soft stare that was only for him, even when Chanyeol himself had no clue about it) inspired him to kiss him and many things more. At first, he felt as if a million little stars had just aligned and he was so happy, but when he pulled away and had the chance to taste the kiss…his little bubble of happiness almost vanished. Deep inside of him, Chanyeol knew that there was no way his hyung felt the same way as him. That would never happen. Chanyeol was aware about that and even when it hurt every time he thought about it, he never imagined unrequited love was this painful. Now he would have to face the consequences of his impulses and explain things to Yi Fan. It was a complex thing, Chanyeol didn’t regret having kissed Yi Fan because that sensation in his lips would stay as a beautiful memory until the last of his days but he didn’t want that kiss to tear their friendship off. He preferred to keep Yi Fan close…even if it was only as a friend. When Chanyeol opened his eyes after the kiss, he didn’t like the sad reality he saw: Yi Fan was looking at him, no expression at sight…it was totally blank and Chanyeol couldn’t take it. He couldn’t take feeling so rejected, he couldn’t take the painful knifes of an unrequited love digging so deep into his heart and ripping it. That’s why he decided to run way, to grow apart from that place and maybe, with a bit of luck on his side, Yi Fan wouldn’t hate him so much.

You can blame Yi Fan’s naturally cold expression that was able to confuse Chanyeol and lead to a misunderstanding. Or you can blame Yi Fan’s mind and heart that weren’t able to react fast enough in order to explain to Chanyeol how well liked that kiss was. Or you can blame Chanyeol for having left without waiting for an answer. I personally blame this pair of clumsy boys who doesn’t seem to realize how shared their love is.

 


LOL!!! No notes for this chapter... I am speechless! I don't even know what happened here LOL See you in the next chapter!