Two Lonely Hearts

Shattered pieces of red, bright pieces of blue and colorful times with you...

I have met people who seem to have been born just to change and improve others’ lives. I have met people whose only mission in life seems to be making everyone happy. And those people look a lot like you…

Wu Yi Fan is a perfectly normal college student…well…not so normal. His life revolves around his career. And we can assure, without any doubt, that his routine goes exactly the same way every day: from his apartment to university as soon as the sun rises and from university to his apartment as soon as the sun sets. Yi Fan enjoys intense and really exaggerated study sessions every day. Those sessions are only interrupted when his body begs for some food, so he can still continue living. At night, things aren’t a lot different to be quite honest: even when he lives completely alone in his apartment, he locks himself in the studio room to read…until it is very late. The studio room is his favorite one, slowly Yi Fan has filled it with books, it’s like his personal library. His reading sessions only come to an end when sleepiness and tiredness end up beating his mind up, a mind that never gives up on absorbing knowledge and ideas from the heavy readings Yi Fan chooses every night.

It’s not like Yi Fan is a socially rejected person, he is far away from becoming such disaster…I would like to say. But truth is that his life hasn’t been easy…it has never been easy. Yi Fan abandoned his hometown in China as soon as he finished high school, leaving his family behind and facing a really lonely and challenging future in South Korea’s capital. Though he is still in contact with his parents (he calls them…or better…they call him –to be more exact- once or even twice a month), he hasn’t seen them in person since he started university, around 3 years ago.

At first sight —and at second one too— Wu Yi Fan is a cold guy, with almost inexistent sense of humor and yes, I can’t deny it, a pitiful social life. He keeps a harmonic and respectful (and a lot…dry) relationship with his professors and classmates. Slowly, this has made him bury himself more and more in his own world, limiting himself to talk with other people just when he considers it to be strictly necessary. However, his negative side gets balanced thanks to his successful academic life. Some people even say that the only thing that saves him from being 100% bad is his stunning intelligence. He is really brilliant.

Despite the apparent loneliness and bitterness that flood his life: Yi Fan says he is happy. He lives a peaceful, independent and profitable life. He describes himself as a person who enjoys independence and sees the positive side of loneliness. However, Yi Fan has a reason (or a lot, I would say) to be the way he is.

~

Park Chanyeol is a high school student, completely normal, nothing out of place. He could be described as the happiest, most optimistic and most outgoing person of the world. His daring and crazy ideas and his unusual and exotic opinions have always put him apart, making him stand out among the multitude.

Chanyeol comes from a rich family so his life is obviously far away from any economic worry. This is because his parents always worked hard in order to give the best to him and his sister. Nothing was missing in Chanyeol’s life…except their parents. Mr. and Mrs. Park passed away in a car crash when Chanyeol was just 7 years old. Since then, his sister and he have been very close and their bonds have got stronger. They have a really close relationship, even when they don’t live in the same country.

Chanyeol tries to get along well with everyone and he is loved by many, though there is always someone who directs negative comments at him, because of envy or jealously, comments that Chanyeol prefers to ignore.

Chanyeol enjoys many activities, from chess to soccer, from art to horse riding. He is a very complete person. His passion? It is of course reading. He loves to get into everything he reads and indentify himself with every story he finds. He has his very own personal library and never hesitates on adding a new book to his collection whenever he has the opportunity.

Chanyeol says that whenever life gives him reasons to be sad, he will always stay happy. However, he doesn’t even imagine that he will have many opportunities to prove that philosophy…in a very proximate future.

 


 

And here are the characters! I will start the real thing in the next chapter! Please anticipate! I have put many effort in this fic, I was never satisfied with the chapters lol so I kept on rewriting and rewriting them. I am happy I was finally able to publish it. The fic isn't finished so I don't know how long it will take to have the whole thing but hopefully I can keep my readers close to me...do you want to be in my pocket? Just jk xD

But yeah, here it is!