Happy To Be Back?

You, That I Did Not Expect

 

    Today is the start of another school year and Jeil couldn't be more excited. When she woke up, it was only 5 a.m. and her brother bumped into her while she was on her way to get a cup of water. She looked at him and he was reading a book. "Ouch, Woohyun. You need to learn to watch where you're going." Jeil told him but he just walked away. After getting a drink of water, she decided to shower and get ready even though it was still way too early. When she finished bathing, Jeil picked what to wear. She decided to go casual on the first day back. Black pants, red tank top, a leather jacket and black converse completed my outfit. By 7, she was all ready and made her way downstairs where breakfast was served. "Good morning!" she greeted everybody. They greeted back and continued what they were doing. Jeil sat beside her older brother, Woohyun and across one of Jeil's  younger sisters, Jangmi who was busy stuffing oranges into . On the other side, Jinri, Jangmi's twin, was beside my brother and was trying to steal his phone. Jeil chuckled due to their cuteness. This year was also looked forward by them because it's their first year attending school as kindergartens.

  "I see that you're very excited to go to school, Jeil. Your brother told me that you were awake so early." their mom stated while smiling. Jeil nod at her and told her how she was looking forward into seeing my friends again.

    Jeil nudged her brother and asked, "How come you woke up so early? You were never the type of person to be excited about school. What's the reason? Ohh, maybe a girl?" He glared at me and hit me in the shoulder. I hit him back resulting for my mom to stop us. "I bet that it's Kim Hyunah or maybe Hyomin, that girl I always see you with." Jeil told her parents.

   "You're so annoying. Maybe, that's why no one likes you." he teased his sister. She looked at him in a disgusted way.

   "Gross, man. You're such a pig. Close your mouth when you're eating. There's like food everywhere." Jeil told him but he just stuck his tongue out which Jinri mimicked. Then their dad put his newspaper down and asked Jeil if he could have a favor. She nodded her head and asked what he needed.

   "When you arrive at school, can you go to the office and ask them to give you the folder I asked for." he said. Jeil asked him what it was for. "Nothing, it's just some documents of some unapproved files." he assured her. She just shrugged and continued eating.

  Suddenly, one of the maids came in. "Miss Kim Nojung is here." she bowed to the family. Jeil's dad signaled her to let her in.

  "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Nam. Hello, Woohyun oppa. Oh my gosh and hello to my lovely twins!" Nojung happily said while the two little girls run to her and give her a big hug. Jeil's dad told her to sit beside Jeil. "How's my best friend?" she asked Jeil. Jeil flashed Nojung her eye smile. "You're so cute!" she exclaimed as she pinched her best friend's cheeks. Jeil whined at her. "Oh yeah! Jieun-ah, don't call me Miss. Just call me Nojung, we've known each othe for so long now." Jeil's best friend told the maid that instructed her to come in. Jieun nodded and smiled.

  "Why can't you be like a lady like Nojung? Look at her and look at you, so different. I don't know why you guys are best friends" Woohyun proclaimed beside me. Jeil hit him in the back of the head. "See, you're violent and unladylike." he said. She just rolled her eyes at him.

  "Come on, Woohyun. Quit making fun of your sister." their mom said. Nojung just chuckled at our argument. Once, Jeil finished her food, she bid goodbye to everyone and told the twins 'good luck' on their first day. She kissed her parents on their cheeks and made her way out the door with Nojung. The two of them got in her car.

   "Mr. Ji, please take us to school. Nam High, please." Nojung told her driver and he went and started the car. Jeil looked at Nojung and her appearance. She thought how her brother was right, the two of us were way too different from each other. She was wearing a light blue dress and white doll shoes. Her hair was untied and had a little bow on it unlike hers which was always tied in a ponytail. "Is there anything wrong?" she asked me.

  "Nope, it's just I'm thinking how we became friends." Jeil told her.

  "Why such deep thoughts? Don't think about what your brother said. You know how he can be a jerk from time to time." she assured me. Jeil smiled at her and nodded in agreement.

   "To think of it, I'm actually jealous of you." Nojung admitted. Jeil looked at her confused and asked her why. "If you look at it, you're easy-going and everyone can approach you easily even though they know you're the Nam Jeil. Everybody likes you and gets along with you no matter what." she said truthfully. Jeil was still confused but something popped up in my head.

  "Is it because of Chunji?" Jeil asked her and she avoided her best friend's eyes. Then, the car stopped meaning that we have arrived. "Nice timing. You got lucky, Kim Nojung." Jeil . She told Nojung to go ahead first since she had to drop by the office. When she entered the office, she was greeted with bows by the staffs. Even though everyday they do that, Jeil never got used to it. It always made her feel uncomfortable. Jeil made her way to the secretary's desk and asked the girl there for the file that her dad asked her to get. The secretary opened a drawer and handed Jeil the folder. She thanked the person and left the office. On her way to her locker, she was curious to what was in the folder. She peeked inside the file and saw a picture of a guy. Then Jeil recognized him, it was Yoon Doojoon, a famous soccer player from the school and along with his picture, there was his background. All of his information was written in the paper. There were more after him like; Lee Gikwang, Kim Myungsoo which was a friend of Woohyun, Luhan and Lee Chanhee who was also known as Chunji. Chanhee is really famous in Nam High along with his other friends like Lee Byunghun who was best known as L.Joe, who was also in the folder. Jeil was confused in why her dad would want to know everything about all of these guys.

  "Hey, Nam Jeil! How are you?" Michae, her other best friend, surprised her causing for Jeil to close the folder instantly. She told her she was good and they made their way to their classroom. Michae was talking to Jeil but her mind was still wondering about why her dad needed to ran background checks on guys that were in her school. Was it something that concerned her? Or was it just about business?