Candid Pt. 2

Different : It's Magic

Read Authors note

The next Day

     About thirty people were scattered in the large living room. Luhan puffed his cheeks. He could be practicing for the soccer game on Thursday along with Minho and Xiumin, but they were tied inside fundraising. Tiffany was silently writing things down while Luhan glared at her since she was the one that signed everyone in their group to participate in fundraising for homecoming. His gaze averted to Taeyeon and Luna who had suggested holding the meeting in the two Lu’s house.

     “Luna, when did I agree that we could use our house?” Luhan asked his sister.

     “Since I said so.”

     “Alright, I’m splitting all of you into teams.” Tiffany informed all of them. Yoona smiled at the girl taking charge. Yoona is usually the head but she decided that it was time for someone else to do something. She felt as if she did too much as well did her friends think the same.

     “So the other day the culinary department gave us a load ingredients that we are going to use bake and sell around town and games. Then we are going to have a car wash but we need fliers. So Jessica, Kris, Jonghyun one, Key, Hyoyeon and Naeun, go find a location for the car wash next Saturday.” She pointed to those people.

     “Jonghyun two, Seohyun, Yonghwa, Baekhyun, Amber, Taemin, Xiumin and Sulli. I need you all to make banners for homecoming, football and soccer games. That would be at least fourteen banners.”

     “WHAT!”Jonghyun, Taemin and Sulli screamed, “Miyoung!” Tiffany just ignored them and continued explaining, “The paint brushes and paint are outside.” Tiffany turned to Yoona, “Did you bring your DSLR?”

     Yoona shook her head. She must have left it on her shelf at home. “I forgot to bring it.”

     “We’ll work something out. Maybe you can use Luhan’s to take pictures.”

     “Why can’t I do it?” Luhan raised his hand. “No, I need you, Luna, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol to bake all the goods we need for the bake sale. Plus I love Yoona’s photo taking skills. The rest of you go split up and find some nice spots to hold homecoming.” Tiffany pointed to the rest of them.

     “Vic, can please keep an eye on Kai, ‘Stal and Sooyoung. They tend to…” Tiffany tapped her chin looking for the word, “Get lost.”

     “No problem Fany.” Victoria smile. Kai walked up behind the couch where Krystal sat and threw his arm around her shoulder and smirked, “Kaistal,” he went a little closer to her face, “I like the sound of that. Sehun! Make it big!” Kai called to his best friend. “I got you Jongin!”

     “Yeah, the other half of Kaistal doesn’t think so.” She scoffed crossing her arms not bothering to remove his arm.

     “It’s official! You used it.”

     “Everyone ready to go?” Sulli called out interrupting the “lovers” quarrel. “LET’S BREAK!”

2 hours later

     Most people around Yoona’s and Luhan’s age could really care less about photographers. They would just admire a photo and just move on, not truly understanding how to take it and how long it takes to find a perfect picture. Sometimes it takes just a second and a lucky take and sometimes, you just have to do it over.

     Yoona was carrying around Luhan’s DSLR camera. It amazed her when Luna led her into a small room with shelves filled with different types of cameras. “Use any. If you want to switch from time to time go ahead.” Luna had told her. Yoona saw one shelf just filled with Polaroid cameras and one filled with Nikon lens. Surprisingly Luhan has the exact same camera model as her, the Canon T3i.

     The brunette stepped outside and saw the group diligently working on painting the banners along with having some fun. Yoona went over to the patch of grass near Sulli and Taemin who were on their knees painting their banner on the driveway. Yoona laid in the grass to get a good ground shot of the two sixteen year olds with paint on their cheeks and forehead.

     In the shot there were blurred grass but the main focus was Taemin and Sulli. Sulli had a paint brush in her hand as she painted the yellow banner while there was a thinner brush in between her teeth. Taemin was painting the letter ‘H’ and had a pencil tucked behind his ear.

     Her attention diverted over to some laughter on the other side of the driveway. “You’re wasting it!” Seohyun laughed as she shielded herself from the paint coming from Yonghwa’s paintbrush. Yoona smiled at the sight and decided to take some action shots of the paint war that was occurring. Seohyun threw paint at him but missed and hit Amber instead.

     The shape shifter grabbed a bottle of paint with flames in her eyes, “Alright little girl let’s go!” Amber squirted red paint but Seohyun ran before it got to her and it ended up getting all over Xiumin and Baekhyun. Xiumin’s eyes narrowed, “Oh it’s on.”

     “I worked hard on this!” Taemin screamed grabbing his banner and running down the side walk two houses down to protect his banner. Sulli panicked since her only shield of defense was Taemin and he was long gone. She quickly hid behind a tree. Yoona enjoyed the sight of them having fun and getting colorful but she thought she had gotten enough photos of the paint war.

     Yoona ran inside since she knew Yonghwa and Xiumin were planning on attacking her. All those two do, matter of fact whenever there is some sort of messy fight everyone always targets her since Yoona doesn’t usually partake in those, and just watch off to the side and enjoy her friends having fun. The witch found it weird how only Luna and Luhan were the only ones inside.

     “Where are Kyungsoo and Chanyeol?” She looked around and saw about ten pans of different desserts.

     “They went out to get some containers to hold them in…Why do you have my camera?” His eyes traveled to the DSLR around her neck.

     “Like Fany said, you are on kitchen duty and I am on photo duty.” Yoona explained herself and took a picture of the two siblings mixing ingredients together. Yoona looked at the photo and examined the photo, trying to find a resemblance between them.

     “I know you two are twins, but I cannot find one feature that is the same about you two. Not even the eyes or nose.” The words came out of as she leaned over the counter getting a better look at them. Luna bit her lip and looked down on the floor letting Luhan answer that question. “There’s another time to talk about that.” Luhan’s lips curved down a little. Guilt rose in her as she felt like she had just hit a touchy subject.

     “Lu did you add flour?” Luna looked over his shoulder, “It looks watery.”

     “I added flour.” He said staring at the bowl than at her with a serious face. Luna shook her head and sighed, “Not enough.” She dug her hands inside the bag of flour, “Can you pass me a new whisk.” Luna motioned towards the drawers but ended up hitting her brother in the face with flour. A failed attempt came when she tried not to laugh or smile, “Oops, sorry.”

     Luhan blinked a little as a light dust of flour fell from every blink. Seeking revenge Luhan grabbed a handful of flour and threw it on her face causing a puff of flour to emerge. Yoona’s jaw dropped but quickly covered . The elder twin gave a smirk as the younger pushed the flour from her face. “You think that’s funny?”

     “No, I think it’s even.” Luhan nodded a little giving his sister a winning smile. That fed the flame in her. She grabbed a bag of flour and showered his head, getting it into his hair and clothes. He shook his head and flour emerged falling to the ground. Yoona felt another war was soon to begin between these two. The theory was proven correct when Luhan grabbed another bag of flour as Luna began flinging flour at him, and he mimicked her actions. Holding the camera, she couldn’t resist taking a photo.

     She stuck the camera away from her face to look at how the photo came out. A smile crept on her face as her eyes lay upon the photo. “Luhan and Luna, look at this.” Yoona waved the flour covered wolves over, “Or I’ll go to you.” She tiptoed through kitchen that was coated in flour.

     To allow them to see clearer, Yoona turned the screen towards them. In the photo it showed Luna and Luhan laughing and smiling. Both had their faces in the direction of the camera but Luna’s eyes were closed shut, with her one arm hugging the bag of flour and the other was jutted out throwing the cloud of flour that was getting all over Luhan. While Luhan was smiling, looking at Luna’s direction. He was caught in the middle of throwing the entire bag of flour at her. The only thing between the siblings was a thick, white could of flour.

     Luhan didn’t want to admit it, but Yoona’s photo taking skills were above what he had imagined. It was in focus, the lighting, the settings, once again she had him speechless. These were better than any candid photos he had taken in his opinion. His trance was broken when Luna shook his arm, “Can we frame it?” tugging on his shirt causing some flour to come out of his shirt. “Why not? It’s a really good picture.

     “You should clean this up.” Yoona said looking around the kitchen, “Before Kyungsoo gets back.” The twins gave Yoona a pleading look. She sighed knowing that it was going to come. Her eyes flashed yellow and clapped her hands. Instantly, all the flour was lifted from all object and cleaned and was neatly falling back into the bags as the flour bags made their way back to the counter.

     As if on cue, the back door opened revealing D.O. and Chanyeol carrying containers and a couple of groceries. “We are back!”

     “Did we miss anything?” Chanyeol asked in a daze. Yoona waltzed over to the tall boy sitting on the couch staring at nothing but still smiling, “What’s up with him?” Yoona pointed to him but then bent down a little and took a picture of his face.

     “We ran into Nana at the store.” D.O. chuckled unpacking the things they had bought. “She is gorgeous!” Luna said skipping over to help him.

     “She is like a goddess.” Yoona agreed, “And she is so sweet!”

     “And funny.” Luna added. “And single.” Luhan stated earning a high-five from Chanyeol. Luhan than gave his friend a puzzled look, “I thought you liked Sulli?” He raised his eyebrow. Yoona and Luna glanced at each other, anticipating his answer. “Who?”

     “Sulli. Choi Jinri,” D.O. reminded him, “The one who is outside painting.” Chanyeol was silent for a second and then nodded, “Oh, I forgot about her.” He admitted. ‘Yikes’ Luna mouthed turning away from the scene and continued to put cookies into the container.

     “Have you ever looked at someone and thought, ‘She is so beautiful.’? And she is the only one and it’s the first time you realized it and your just standing there thinking about how you actually have feelings for her even though you have seen her thousands of thousands of times?” Chanyeol looked over at the contemplating Luhan. Chanyeol’s voice was filled with passion and happiness; that you couldn’t not smile at his words.

     Something came over Luhan that made him look out the window. There he saw Seohyun smiling holding up a banner she had made with Xiumin. Once again he didn’t know why, but he felt compelled to turn and look over at Yoona who was busy smiling down at the camera screen. He shook his head wondering what he was doing and admitted, “No, not yet buddy.” Yoona looked up and tilted her head and turned to D.O. and whispered, “What was she wearing?”

     “A big sweater, leggings and converse. I’ll be honest, she is the one of those girls who can wear anything and look perfect.” He confessed putting another pan in the oven. “Well I think he should as her to homecoming.” She said quietly for only the two in the kitchen to hear.

     “Well, what about Sulli?” Luna turned to her. “Nana could be the one for him.” Yoona said.

     “So could Sulli.”

     “She thought Sehun, Kai and Minho could be the one for her.” Yoona revealed. Luna thought for a second, that is very true, Sulli falls too fast and when she does, she falls hard. “But I have never seen Chanyeol like this. It’s as if he was shot by cupid’s arrow. Wait, you don’t have one here do you?” D.O. asked. Yoona shook her head, “No. Seohyun and I are the closest things to cupids you will get. But I take it you don’t want one.”

     “No but are you going to homecoming with anyone?” He asked another question but this time gaining Luhan’s attention. Of course, Luna of all people would be the only one to notice. “Actually…” She began, “I haven’t really thought about that. Taemin and Naeun are going as friends… Kai is probably going solo. Chen is asking-” But she cut herself off. “Who is Chen asking to homecoming?” Luna asked not letting her eyes peel from the mixing bowl she was pouring milk into.

     “Zhang Liyin, a senior. They are close friends.” D.O. answered with a bit of regret. Luhan took this chance to make fun of her, “Why do you care so much baby sis? Do you like him?”

     “No.”

     “Then, why do you care?”

     “I DON’T!” Out of frustration from three questions she slammed the milk on the counter causing some to splatter. Luna sighed and shook the milk off her hand and went straight to her room. “You made her angry.” Yoona glared at the older one. “She’ll be fine.”

     “I think you should ask Seohyun to homecoming.” Yoona randomly brought up. “Why? Doesn’t she have a thing with Yonghwa?”

     “NO. She is going with nobody and she really likes you.”

     “What if I want to ask someone else?”

     “Who?!” Luna came running out of her room and stumbled landing on her twin, “Is it who I think it is?” Clearly she was over the outburst that happened no less than five minutes ago.

     “I just said if you little creep.” He pushed her off of him.

     Yoona’s phone began ringing. She dug her hand inside her back pocket and pulled out her IPhone. “Yes Yonghwa?”

     “Seohyun and I are getting coffee for everyone, do you guys want anything?”

     “Do any of you want coffee?” Luhan and Luna both raised their hands. “Mocha Ice coffee.” The twins said simultaneously.

     “Did you get that Yonghwa?”

     “Yup, see you in a few.”

     “Did they want anything?” Seohyun asked him. “Luhan and Luna want Mocha ice coffee.” Yonghwa told her as he held the door of the café open for her, “I’ll order.”

     “No, it’s fine, just sit down.” She pushed him over to the couches. Seohyun walked up to the register and waited for a worker. To her surprise both N and Kyuhyun were working.

     “I got this Hakyeon.” She heard Kyuhyun tell the tan boy. “But, I am basically her designated waiter.” He said sadly. She couldn’t help but pout a little when he heard N’s complaint. He was so nice to her.

     “Fine. But next time she comes in, I’m serving her. I have been waiting on her for two years.” N pointed at Kyuhyun as he slowly disappeared back into the kitchen.

     “How may I help you?” Kyuhyun let out a bright smile as if nothing had happened. A chuckle escaped from Seohyun’s lips. “What was that about?”

     “Am I not allowed to serve a beautiful lady?” Even though she barely knew him she felt her face heat up a little. “Yo Hyun! Did you order?” Yonghwa suddenly yelled from the couch.

     “I’m about to shut up!” She shot back and shook her head a little embarrassed that she was friends with him. The young giril looked back at Kyuhyun whose face was filled with curiousity. “Is that your boyfriend?”

     “Oh hell no.” She answered with wide-eyes, “Just give me one Taro slush, two Americanos, two Mocha Ice Coffees, one Caramel Latte and for me-”

     “The usual?” If she didn’t know any better, he was definitely flirting with her. Seohyun grinned a little and nodded, “The usual.”

     “THAT’S OUR THING!” N sceamed from the kitchen causing Seohyun to almost fall from laughter. Kyuhyun looked on the floor hiding his laugh, “So why all the drinks?”

     “Fundraising.” Seohyun raised an eyebrow when she saw Kyuhyun’s jaw was slightly dropped, “What?”

     “You’re still in high school?” She nodded slowly and answered, “I’m a junior. How old are you?”

     “Nineteen.” He shrugged. Since Seohyun has lived with supernatural creatures and was a fan of Twilight she really had to fight the urge to say ‘How long have you been nineteen.’ But she kept her cool and pictured how the conversation would have gone if she did ask. Her thoughts were interrupted when he said, “So would it be bad if I asked you on a date?”

     “Yes and also, I am already interested in someone else.” She said politely but from the look in his eye, he didn’t want a ‘no’.

     “We will see about that.”


For those who dont know what Candid means, Its like taking something when the dont realize it or without them noticing. You know those beautiful action shots of either people playing or painting or dancing and their attention isnt on the camera, that is candid just in case some didnt know why I titled these two candid.

Please enjoy these next gifs.  

DO YOU GUYS KNOW LEETEUK ID BACK ON THE 29th!!!

  

(Basically me right now)

I hope Leeteuk birghtened up your day if you are feeling down. Anyways I will see you all soon hopefully wiht a super dee super chapter! <3

Peace out cub scouts!