Peep Talks

Heart, Hand, and Mind

It’s been a day or two since me and Taengoo first met. Although we’ve me under certain circumstances, I’m glad she showed up in the cycle of my life that my despair has overflowed. The two us exchange numbers after our heart-warming sight-seeing in the Han River Riverbank. That alone made me realize that we don’t need to go to Lotte World or Disney Land to enjoy ourselves and unwind. We don’t need to pay to enjoy. There are lots of Nature’s best scattered all over the world in which you can unwind and most of all, it’s all definitely for free. Again, that’s one factor that I failed to notice the moment I got my sonic-boom career. But again, when I met her, I remembered those simple things that once made me happy. It’s not like I’m oblivious by those simple things. It’s just that I tried to forget them when my Mom died and when I got involved in that accident. If erasing memories was possible at that time, I swear I could have done that. Erasing my once-treasured and precious memories just because I’m depressed and all, how great is that huh?

 

“Stephi~”

 

I was envisioning with myself again when I heard my older sister call me, her voice seemed to bring me back to my senses. Still on my not-so-great “space-out” mode, I went down stairs and found my older sister with my favorite cake on hand. Seeing my happy expression that was brought by the cake; she, too, smiled sheepishly. Another point for Taengoo I guess. The fact that she told me that my sister wants the best for me and will do anything just to make me smile; well Michelle did it by bringing me that scrumptious blueberry cheesecake. I was indeed blinded by the fact that I’m a famous violinist, I earned lots of cash every event , and I could buy whatever I want so I need not simple things to make me happy. “True enough that cash cannot buy happiness. But, it’s more comfortable to cry in a Ferrari than in a bicycle right?” That statement would probably my principle if I hadn’t met Taengoo at that time. But now I do realize that the kind of family I have, loving and understanding would never be bought by tons of cash.

 

“No work?” I asked my older sister as I continue to eye the cheesecake she had; I earned a shook in the head as an answer to my question. She continues to grin when she noticed that antic of mine and placed the cake in the table. She went to the kitchen to grab two saucers and spoons, when she got back, she asked me to sit down and eat with her.

 

“Uhm Stephi?” she called me with her ever-calm older sister type monotone voice that never fails to tingle my senses every time. That’s one factor she got from our mom I guess.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“What’s with the sudden change of heart?” I knew she would bring up this topic. After the accident, I became a hard-headed person and so forth, so I guess it’s questionable why I had this change of heart. Thanks to Taengoo I by the way.

 

“About that…”

 

I then told her everything what happened; including the time I tried to commit suicide. As any other human being, went agape when told her that. But her reaction quickly changed when I told her about Taengoo. How that girl tried to stop me from committing suicide. How that girl changed my point of view in life within hours.

“Oh wow Stephi. That Kim Taeyeon sure is awesome” She said with a smile, and yes, I have to agree with Mich about how awesome Taengoo is. She’s likeable and sociable. She would do anything jus to help a person in need. Probably, that kind of person like her is an endangered one in this world.

 

“She’s so awesome Unnie. I don’t have the right words to describe her awesomeness. She’s like a silver lining in a cloud. She’s a like a music that’s not so loud. Hidden Treasure of Seoul. Sunshine to your storm. Fluff of the clouds and many more”

 

“Hearing your stories made me want to meet her. Oh wait... I want to meet her Stephanie Hwang Miyoung~!”

 


 

“and that’s what she said Taengoo…” I chuckled on the phone as I told Taengoo the conversation between me and my older sister earlier. Basing on her voice, I guess she was pretty tensed on meeting like Unnie; tensed like she’s meeting her future in-laws.

 

“You thought just now that I’m tensed in meeting your sister no?” meh. Taengoo is really one of a kind. She’s way better in understanding others and reading people’s thought just by listening to their voices. Should I be crept out? Heck no. This is much better. And I think Taengoo without her great psychological ability is just a plain Taengoo.

 

“You’re really no fun Taengoo… guessing my thoughts like that…”

 

“hmm~ well sorry for having a great psychological ability. And I know, you secretly like it when I did that to you” I can hear her ahjumma like laugh that never fails to amuse me.

 

“Yeah~ Yeah~ whatever Ms. Kim. Anyway, She invited you for dinner tonight. Are you coming to meet her? My family would be happy to meet you. If that’s okay with you…” I can’t force her to meet my family just like that without even considering her schedules. Moreover, she shouldn’t wear herself out knowing that she is sick.

 

Hmm. I guess I can come to your house and meet your family tonight. But of course you should meet my family and friends too. Especially my doctor and childhood friend, Sunny…Also, my playmates” Did I hear playmates? Oh gosh Taengoo is really a dork. But it’s cute and all so I really don’t mind.

 

“Playmates?” I chuckled

 

“Yeah. Kwon Yuri and Jessica Jung. They’re both seven years old and I always play with them in the riverbanks with Hayeon on weekends. They never get along with each other yet, the instant me and Hayeon arrive at the riverbanks, they would play together with us and occasionally, enjoy themselves without noticing it..”

 

“Oh wow.. I would really love to meet the both of them” if Taengoo would see my smile right now, for sure she will tease me.

 

“so, meeting your family in exchange of meeting mine and my friends?”

 

“yep”

 

“Promise?”

 

“Promise.”

 

“then, I’m looking forward tonight, Miss Hwang.”