04

Crap.

a/n: hi hi, it's been ages since I last posted. Schools gotten me on hold with writing BUT I graduate soon so hopefully I'll have more time to write.

 

             A couple days have gone by since Yixing and Jongin’s encounter at the ramen shop. Since then, Yixing hasn’t been holding his breath to run into Jongin because wherever he goes, whether it’s to the office, a meeting, the bathroom, the local grocery store, Jongin seems to be there too. Today wasn’t an exception when he felt Jongin’s presence loom behind him as he walked through countless aisles at the drug store.

            “Looking for some meds? I have some drugs at my place if you want some,” Jongin casually says, dangling a bottle from the counter.

            “No, thank you. I would like to have my own drugs,” Yixing pushes a smile on his face, grabbing the bottle from Jongin’s hand.

            “Are you sure? I can give it to you if you’d like. It’d save you money.”

            “Are you implying that I’m poor? Jongin, for your information, I make good money. I can take care of myself, and while I’m at it, will you stop pacing around me like you have some kind of problem?”

            “Problem?”

            “Yeah, what’s your problem?” Yixing’s voice start raised higher, his palms pushing against his jeans.

            “My problem? You’re the one getting red in the face. I think you have a problem.”

            “Me? Problem? You’re my problem.”

            “What have I ever done to you?”

            “You-,” Yixing paused. If the words he wanted to say come out now, his job is at stake. This is his boss’s son. If he offends Jongin in any possible way, he might be homeless and might actually have to beg Jongin for his meds the next time he needs them (and that’s if Jongin is feeling kind about Yixing’s state).

            “You?”

            Yixing doesn’t care anymore. He has had enough of Jongin roaming around at the places Yixing is in.

            “You .”

            “What?”

            “You have two ears. I’m pretty sure you heard me loud and clear.”

            Yixing walked away, meds in hand, and straight to the cash register. He didn’t care. His whole life has been about letting people stomp all over him like a welcome carpet on the front porch. He doesn’t want to be that guy. He wants to be the guy who can speak up when he needs to, the guy who has a great career and an even better personal life. If that means speaking his mind about Jongin’s actions and what he actually feels about him, then so be it. At the moment, Yixing couldn’t have felt happier about his decision. That is, until the next day at the office.

            “Hey, did you check the board?” Sehun, who, from Kris’ knowledge this morning, started working here a couple weeks ago at the front desk (and he still wonders how he didn’t know about this until this morning), toddles over to Yixing’s desk with a big cup of coffee in hand.

            “No,” Yixing drags the last letter as he flips over his notes from yesterday’s meeting.

            “You probably would like to check before someone else tells you the news.”

            “What news?” Yixing freezes in action.

            “Oops, gotta go-just got a text from Kris!” Yixing was dumbfounded at Sehun’s actions, so without giving it any second thought, he decides he’d go check the main bulletin board. On there were the words he’d never wanted to see. His worst nightmare has come to life.

Project B

Group Members:

Jongin

Yixing

Please see President Kim immediatly.

            What is life.