03

Crap.

a/n: This chapter took a little longer than I planned because I got caught up with course work. I hope you enjoy this chapter. And wow 31 subs? Thanks so much:)

            “So how was that date of yours? I wasn’t able to ask for the details because you locked yourself in your room until morning.” Kris casually swung his cup of coffee back and forth, swigging it into his mouth and letting the drink roll down his throat. He leans against Yixing’s cubicle. Yixing lets out a short grunt. He doesn’t move his eyes away from his screen. His fingers make a tap tap tap sound as he punches in numbers, making three separate graphs for three separate departments of the company. Yixing is too busy to spare time for anybody, even if it’s a whining Kris on his case.

            “Yixing, stop working. You need a break.”

            Tap tap tap

            “You kicked me out of your house that day. The least you can do is explain what happened.”

            Tap tap tap

            “If you’re going to act like this, I’m going to bring the big guns.”

            Tap tap tap

            “That’s it, you’re asking for it.”

            Tap tap tap

            “I’m going to call Jongin.”

            Yixing stop typing, palms hovering over his keyboard. His glasses start to slide down his nose.

            “Gotcha,” Kris smirks as he hits his friend on the forehead, “I don’t have Jongin’s phone number, but that did get your attention.”

            “Jerk.”

            “Come on, don’t tell me you didn’t want to eat something.”

            “I don’t. I need to do this work.”

            “Awe, you know I hate it when you get into work mode. Let’s go eat in the break room; the graphs aren’t due until a couple more hours right?” Yixing was about to reject Kris’ offer when Kris forced Yixing to get up from his chair and started to drag him into the nearby fast food joint. The departments demanded their graphs to be done before lunch, but technically lunch isn’t until two more hours and he just needs to adjust a few details on the graph, so an hour long lunch isn’t going to make his job suffer.

            “Gee Kris, do you bring all of your lovers to such cheap ramen shops?” Yixing settles down into his seat, eyeing his phone for the first time since he woke up. He tells himself that Jongin’s probably busy so he hasn’t called him.

            “Only the special ones,” Kris pokes his friend’s nose, smiling cheekily, “Now are you going to tell me what happened?”

            “Sure,” Yixing sighs, “No point in not telling you. Knowing you, you’d probably ask Jongin the next time you saw him.”

            “Oh, darling, you know me too well.”

            “Yeah, a little too well. Anyway, short story is I went into the store, saw Jongin, and decided to run.” Kris didn’t know which one he should be more surprised at: the way Yixing said it like he was talking about last night’s dinner or why Yixing ran away from his date. He stopped eating his ramen, long noodles slinking down from his mouth to the bowl.

            “Kris, do you ever listen to me whenever I tell you to close your mouth when you eat? Your white shirt is going to be covered in stains when you get done eating.”

            “Oh , sorry, I mean, yeah, thanks.”

            “No big deal.”

            “No big deal? No big deal? Are you kidding me? That is a huge deal. Yixing, a man has balls. A man with balls does not run away from a guy he is attracted to. Dude, you were supposed to get some that night. What the hell happened?”

            “I screwed up, that’s what happened.”

            “How can you screw up a date if you weren’t even there.”

            “That’s the problem! I wasn’t there when I needed to be!”

            “Wait, hold up. Are you talking about what I think you might be talking about?”

            “Is it about the day when I wasn’t in the office and Jongin came into the office to see some people from the company?”

            “Yeah.”

            “Yeah, we’re thinking about the same think,” Yixing nods.

            “Damn, you did screw it up.”

            “I know. I screwed up bad. What am I going to do?”

            “Well you better think fast because he’s coming your way.”

            “What?”

            “Shoot, I’m going to leave and let him and his posy sit close by, or right next to you at your table. I’ll even leave money for you to use to pay for your lunch.”

            “Wait, don’t go-“

            “Kay, bye Yixing!”

            Great, just ing great. The Almighty Yixing is once again screwed. But, maybe Yixing isn’t screwed because Kris could have been joking around. That’ll make sense if he didn’t see Kris paying at the cashier and waving goodbye at him, a sickly, sweet smile spreading across his face.

            Great.

            “Hey, is this seat taken?” Yixing turns around (he mentally pinches himself for doing such a thing when he could’ve acted cool and not turned around and said “Oh, yeah, actually. I’m waiting for a friend.”) and he sees Jongin’s smiling face. He pushes his hair back walking to the side parallel to Yixing and sits down.
            “I didn’t say you could sit there,” Yixing mumbles quietly.

            “Well, you didn’t say I couldn’t sit here and this isn’t a high school cafeteria; it’s a restaurant. And, from what I remember, this is a free country.”

            “So?”

            “So, I can sit wherever I want. And if that means wanting to sit here or on your lap, it wouldn’t matter.”

            “Because he can sit wherever he wants.”

            “Who is this?” Yixing raises his eyebrow at a Jongin doppelganger. They look like siblings, with the same hairstyle and suit style.

            “This is Sehun. Sehun, this is Yixing.”

            “I’m Sehun, Oh Sehun,” he puts his hand out and Yixing puts his out. He expected a hand shake, but hand his hand kissed instead. Yixing quickly draws his hand back, caressing it gently with his other hand. His hands are too pure to be tainted by insolent people like these two.

            “Nice to meet you,” Yixing says. He starts to slurp down the ramen again.

            “Hey, give me some,” Jongin grabs the bowl and pulls it towards him. He takes a pair of chopsticks from the jar on their table and starts to eat the ramen. Sehun stares at the food. Yixing just wants to turn the table over and scream at him for eating his food and for wasting his time when his time is so damn precious.

            Yixing holds his tongue, clinches his fists and plays with the fabric of his suit. He hates being played around with. He doesn’t have the time for it and he surely doesn’t have the time to play around with someone who is going to be involved in the company. So he stands up for what he thinks of and literally gets out of the chair. He ignores Jongin say his name and Sehun’s stare. He walks out of the store. He doesn’t leave any money on the table because they ate his meal and he wasn’t even able to finish it.

            And he still has to finish those damn graphs.