The Lost Pieces

The Cure Of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Jiyong’s POV-

The sun is shining brightly this morning. I wake up and find myself sleep on her laps. And she, she sleep in a sitting position, leaning her back on the headboard of my bed. Then I get up slowly, sit beside her. I remember those nightmares, and those headaches, and her…

Looking at her sleeping face, I try hard to figure out. Did I ever know her before? But, I don’t think so. Besides that, she would recognize me if we know each other before.

How come she did it to me? I don’t know, but since I met her about ten days ago, it feels like, something on my head has been triggered. And then lately, I keep dreaming about those people: a man, a woman, and a boy. But I can’t see their face.

And these two nights were the worst. My head were always spinning and throbbing whenever those scenes flashed. And after those painful states, she was always came, and magically made me feel better.

I look at her hand. She has long slim fingers and nails. But those aren’t the point. That hand, seems like have magic. Somehow, I feel so familiar with her touch. The way she touched me before, it gave me a kind of comfort that I’ve never feel for so long.

I get up and heading to the bathroom. We will go back to Seoul this afternoon.

The water flows down my body, washing away the sticky sweat as the effect of those nightmares. As the water keeps flowing, a sudden question flashes in my head. What will I do when we back to Seoul and I get that nightmare again? Silly question, I know. But I can’t stop questioning in my head.

I turn of the shower and grab a towel to cover my lower body then walk back to my room. When I open the door, Chaerin is already wake up and automatically turn her head on me.

“Kyaaaaah!!!!” she shouts and covers her eyes with her palms. I can’t help but smirk looking at her sudden action.

“What? Never seen a man before?” I ask her flatly

“I-I’ll back to my room” she flustered, then run immediately to the door while avoiding to look at me. Her face is red like a boiled lobster. And somehow, that’s cute.

 

 

Two hours more is our flight. And now I’m ready to check out. I exit my room with my luggage but instead of Chaerin, I find Kris sit on the living room couch.

“Oh, Hyung, how are you? I heard that you were kinda sick?” he stands up as recognizes my presence.

“I’m good. What are you doing here?” I ask him straightforwardly

“I just bring something for Chae. I mean, your secretary” he answers. Then I see some bags on the couch, near Chaerin’s luggage. “Besides that, I’ll drop you two to airport”

“You what?” I’m shocked by his last sentence.

“Do you mind with that, Hyung?” he asks me, looking on my –what-the-hell – expression. Before I could answer, Chaerin’s coming from her room

“Oh, Jiyong-ssi” she smiles. “I think you’re ready to go. Then, let’s go”. I’m frozen. Hey, I’m the boss here. It should be me who give her command. But, she is not Lee Chaerin if she doesn’t do something extra ordinary. Like now, she’s already leaves me before I can give her any respond. Kris is following her, helping her by carrying some of her luggage.

 

 

“Welcome back, Brother…” Youngbae gives me a brotherly hug then rush into my apartment. I called him right after I reached Seoul and asked him to come here, my apartment. 

Bae, he is my ‘brother’. I’ve been with him for the last 23 years, since I was 4. He is the only one who I can call family. The only person who is never leaves me no matter what happen. The only person I can trust. The only person who I care and care about me in this world.

“What’s wrong?” he asks me in concern. We sit in my living room couch, and Bae is still waiting for my answer

“Bae, who is Lee Chaerin?”I look at him, and he frowns to mw

“What do you mean? Who is Lee Chaerin? She is your secretary, rite?” Bae asks me back, confused by my question

“I mean, do you know her before?” I grab a can of beer and drink it

“No. the first time I met her was when I interviewed her about two weeks ago, view days before she started working. Why?” Bae looks at me, feeling weird with my question. I take a deep breath and release it

“I don’t know. Somehow, I feel that she is familiar” I look back at him

“Familiar?”

“It’s just like, I’ve been know her before…, but that’s impossible” I put the can harshly, and then hold my head. I remember what happened in Shanghai.

“How?”

I look at him, thinking, deciding to tell him or nor.

“Ji, what’s actually happen?” he asks me again, looks at me deep in the eyes. Now I know, I should tell him

And then I tell him, about those nightmares, headaches, and Chaerin’s effect on me. Bae looks so surprised with what I tell him.

“She is like…, I don’t know, Bae. I just can’t figure it out” I say, clearly frustration. Bae is still silence for a while. And then he looks at me

“Do you remember them, Ji?” he asks seriously, looking straight at me

“Who?” I ask him back confusedly

“The people in your dream”

“No. I couldn’t see their face.But the voices…, somehow I feel like I have heard it before. Somewhere…” I hold my head again. The pain is starting to attacks my head again. But this time, I can bear it. It’s not as pain as before. I look up and see Bae. He is looking somewhere, seems like he is in deep thinking. Does he know something? “Bae...”

“Ah.., sorry. I just thinking about something” Bae is snapped back from his own thought. “Well, you want to know my ‘theory’?” Bae is now smiling.

“And what is your ‘theory’?” I raise my left eyebrow

“I’m not sure that you have met Chaerin before. So, there’s no way that Chaerin is the part of your past, but…. Maybe she is the part of your ‘future’…” Bae keep smiling while I just frown at him. I need view second to realize what the ‘future’ is, and I just sigh

“Bae, I’m serious!” I shout. But Bae keeps smiling while drink his beer

“I’m serious too. Look, Ji. You said by yourself that somehow she could be your ‘medicine’. So, maybe she is your other half, the one who will complete you”

I look at Bae, feeling weird with what he said. If it’s not Dong Youngbae, maybe I already punch his mouth for said that stupid cheesy thing. man! How come he joking like this when I really frustrated over this problem?

“Seriously, Bae. You’re not helping” I groan and stand up, about to leave

“Wait, what’s wrong with that? There’s always a possibility like that. Maybe she is the love of your life”

I groan, glaring at him sharply.

“Save that for those dramas, Bae”

“Why, Ji? Is it wring to love her?” he asks seriously

“No. just like you know, I don’t believe in love” I look at his eyes and leave him

***********************************************************************

-Youngbae’s POV-

And here I am, sitting alone at Jiyong’s living room. I’m still thinking about him and Chaerin. Actually, I’ve be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter