Three

Not Giving Up

-few weeks later-

"You know you don't have to keep coming these things with me every time.." I said to Shinwoo as he walked beside me. 


"I know, but it's my child too." He half smiled and held the door doctors office open for me.


"Here, you go sit down in the waiting room and I'll go check in" Shinwoo said to me.


I nodded and made my way towards the room. 

I guess you could say, I still haven't fully forgiven him, I don't know how to.. 


"What are you thinking about?" He said, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Nothing"

He just nodded and grabbed a magazine from the table in front of us. I pulled out my phone, and just as I did it started to ring.

I looked at the caller id, it was Shinwoos mom. Just as I brought the phone up to my ear, Shinwoo grabbed and put it up to his own.

"Hi mom" he said looking at me, and mouthing 'sorry'.

"Give me my phone" I said as I tried to grab it, but he pulled me into his chest with his free arm and held me there, so I was unable to move properly. 


The call only lasted another five minuets before he hung it up and released me.

"What was that all about?" I asked as I took my phone back.


He laughed nervously and I continued to look at him. Then it hit me.

"You told your mom I was pregnant, didn't you?!" 

"Maybe.."

"Well does she know that we're not together anymore?" 

He didn't say anything.

"Shin Dongwoo!" 

"Look yea I know..but you know my mom, she loves you! And if she knew what I did..to you, she would disown me! I don't want to lose both you and my mother!" He pleaded.

"Well if you don't tell her then I will" I said and pulled out my phone.

"No!" He said and snatched my phone. "You can't, please jagi don't.."

"Stop calling me that."

"Calling you what jagi?"

"That! I'm not your 'jagi' anymore ok?" I said and he just laughed.


"Does it annoy you....Jagi?"

"If you keep calling me that I won't ever get back to get her with you!" I said and automatically regretted it.

"So you were considering it?" His face lit up.

"I- I can't believe you didn't tell your mom"

"Yah! Don't change the subject!" He smirked 

Just then my phone rang again and Shinwoo answered.

"Oh it's you again mom" he said and i looked at him.


"Mrs._____" I looked and the lady at the front desk was calling me. I walked over, she handed me papers and told me to fill them out. I walked back over the chair next to Shinwoo.

"So what did your mom have to say? Did you tell her?" I said as I say down and glanced over the papers.

"No I did not tell her, and she wants us to have dinner with her tonight at my place.." He said.

"Oh.."


"_____, just pretend you still love me, just so she won't suspect anything.." He said and I looked at him.

He had a look of hurt written on his face.

"Shinwoo why do act so hurt when you were the one who cheated?" I asked.

"Because" he started "I know I hurt you, and it bothers me every time I see you and I know I can't hug or kiss you because you hate me.." 


I stopped filling out the paper work and looked up at him.

"I don't hate you Shinwoo." The words left my mouth, and they were true. I don't think in a million years that I could ever hate him.

"It's not possible to." I whispered.

 

_____________________________

-At his apartment-

I laid there on his his couch as he sat  in the chair opposite of me, staring into his laptop screen. A month ago, we would both sat on the couch, together all tangled up in each other. It was weird to think how much space there was between us now.

The ringing of his doorbell interrupted me from my thoughts. He set his laptop on the coffee table and stood up to go answer the door.

I glanced at his laptop screen, and saw what he's been looking at for the past hour. He'd been looking at baby cribs. I sat up and got a closer look at the screen. 

"It's going to need somewhere to sleep isn't it?" Shinwoo said from behind me, causing me to jump.

"Y-yeah" I answered.

"Oh ______, it's so nice to see you again!" His mother said as she came over and gave a bone crushing hug. 

"How's my Shinwoo been treating you?" She asked, still hugging me.

I looked at him, it's like the look of guilt had washed over him in a second.

I looked away "he's been great, just like always" I said. 

She pulled away "oh and you, ______, how have you been feeling?" She smiled and placed her hand on my stomach.

Even though there was no baby bump, you could still since there was something there.

"Wonderful!" I smiled at her.

She smiled then walked over to Shinwoo and started to pinch his cheeks.

"Have you missed your mother?" She asked still messing with his cheeks.

"Eomma really.." He whined.

"Come on, give your mother a hug, or I won't make any food for you" she said.

He gave in and gave her a hug, afterwards she went to the kitchen and started to prepare dinner with the things she'd brought with her.


-one hour later-

"It's ready!" Shinwoos mom shouted from the kitchen.

We both got up and walked to the kitchen. Everything smelled amazing, and probably tasted better than it smelled. 

She have me a plate and I served my self. Just as I was walking out of the kitchen, she stopped me. 

"You need more food!" She said and dragged me back towards the stove and put more food on to my plate.

"You've got to remember ______, you're eating for two!" She smiled.

I smiled in return, and made my way out if the kitchen.

We all sat together in the living room, eating.

"So what do you think the baby will be?" His mother asked.

"I'm not sure, what do to think it will be Shinwoo?" I asked as sweetly as possible.

"Oh I hope its a girl, I've always wanted to have a daughter" he smiled to himself.

I smiled and looked back down at my food and took another bite.

"So do you two plan on getting married or are you going to wait?" She asked.

I nearly choked on my food and looked at Shinwoo.

"Yea, I mean we'd have to get married eventually" he smiled again and I nearly choked again.

His mother looked at me "do you agree?"

"Eventually, yea" I fake smiled.


_________________________________

"Well I think I should be going home.." I said as I went to grab my coat.

"Nonsense! Have you seen the weather lately, it's storming out there! I'm not even going home myself" His mother said and pulled my over to the window. Sure enough there was a flash of lightning and the rumbling of thunder shortly after.

"I'll just stay the night" I smiled and said goodnight to her.


I walked down the hall to his room. He sat on the edge of his bed, shirtless. 

"Thought you were going home?" He smirked. 

"I was but your mother insisted that I stay the night.." I said and tried not to make eye contact with him.

"Um Shinwoo do have some clothes I could borrow for the night?" I asked.

"Actually I still have one of your night gowns here" he smiled and walked past me, towards his dresser.

He opened the top drawer, pulled it out, and handed it to me.

"Funny this is the only one you have over here.." I said sarcastically. The night gown was pink, an almost see-through type of lacy for the skirt part of it, and when worn it would only go down mid-thigh.

"You're the one that left it here, jagi" he grinned.

I ignored his comment and went to change. 

When I returned he was already laying down with the covers pulled up to his belly button and his arms behind his head with a priceless smile on his face.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked I got in the bed and turned off the lamp on the bed side table.

"Because I feel like we're back together again, even though we're really not, even though it's all fake, I just like the feeling." He said and turned to face me in the dark. "Basically, I've just missed you." I felt his arm snake around my waist and pull me closer. "And don't act like you haven't missed me too" I could feel his breath on my lips.

I was frozen I couldn't say anything, I didn't know what to say. All I could do was let him pull my face closer to his, I couldn't stop it, I didn't want to..

It's like we'd kissed for the first time all over again. It had been so long since we were even this close to each other.

He pulled away, and pulled me to where my head was resting on his chest, and both our fingers and legs were intertwined.

"Now I know you didn't fake that." He said, and I could almost feel him smile in the dark.