One

Not Giving Up

"Well Mrs._____, it's seems as though you are nine weeks pregnant." The doctor said as I sat there.

"Really?!" An overly excited voice spoke next to me. I glared over at Shinwoo, then turned back to the doctor.

"But there's no way I could be..." Then it came to me. That one night Shinwoo came over and things got a little to heated..

I was so frustrated. 

"When will the baby be due?" Shinwoo asked from beside me. 

"Um let's see, nine months from now would be...November, but it's still to early to find out the day." He said and Shinwoo nodded.

"Well if that's all the questions, then I should be going, I have another appointment to attend." The doctor smiled as he gathered his things. 

"Wait!" I said.

"Yes Mrs.____?" 


"Couldn't I just get an abortion..I mean I'm only twenty and plus.." I looked over at Shinwoo, who's had gone wide. 

"My relations with this man are not as good as they used to be.." 


"Well you could do that I suppose, but wouldn't you like to talk to him about it first?" The doctors said.

"Yes! Yes she would." Shinwoo half shouted.


"Okay, and if there are any more questions, just come and see me ok?" 

"Ok.." I said just as he left the room.

"I can't believe you ____!" Shinwoo said as he tried to keep up with me as I made my way out if the hospital.

"Hey! ____ really! What's up with you?" He said and grabbed on to my arm, spinning me around. 

"What's up with me? It's funny you ask that actually.. Because what's up with has to do with a man, whom I loved so much  that cheated on me and still doesn't even bother to acknowledge it! Yet, he still wants me to have his child." I could feel the tears swell up in the corners of my eyes for the millionth time this week.


He didn't say anything, he just stood there. 

"Please just take me home Shinwoo, I don't feel good." I started to walk towards his car.

I mentally scolded myself for even asking him to bring me here,but everyone else had been so 'busy'..

 

________________________________


After what seemed like hours of being in that car with him, he pulled up to an apartment building, not mine, but his.

"Shinwoo really..take me home."


"I don't want you to be home alone. What if you start feeling sick again and no ones there to help you?" He said.

"Why do you care?" I said a little annoyed as I got of the car and walked into the building.

"Because I still love you that's why I care." He smiled.


"When I walked in on you and that girl it didn't seem like you loved me.." I pushed the elevator button.

He sighed and looked away from me.


"Why do you get so upset about it? It's not like you were the one who had there heart broken." I said to him. 

He stayed silent.

"It's pointless... trying to talk to you" I mumbled as I stepped into the elevator pushing the 6th button.

He leaned against the elevator wall, still looking away from me.

I had to admit even if I did hate right now he looked really good in his off white v-neck, his skinny jeans, and his dark hair all messy. 

In these past weeks since I walked in on him and that girl, I wished I could forgive him, but I just can't bring myself to do it. It's like every time I want to punch him in the face, but then I just want to hug him and never let go..


The elevator stopped on his floor and I followed him out and down the hall to his door. Once he unlocked it he held it open for me and I stepped in.  

"_______-ah you should go rest you don't look well" he said to me. I couldn't agree more, the pains in my stomach were coming back and so was my headache. 

I walked down the hall to his room, as soon as I stepped through the door, I let myself fall onto his bed. I was overwhelmed by his signature smell, the one that always made feel comfortable and safe, but now just seemed so foreign. 


Confused and not sure how to feel about everything, I fell asleep.

 

____________________________


I woke to Shinwoos hand rubbing my back and his voice softly calling my name.

"Oh good you're awake, are you feeling better?" He asked


I sat up "yea" I said.


"Do you want something to eat?" 


"Um no, I'm not really hungry." I sat as I scooted my way off the bed.


"But _____-ah, remember there's another human being growing inside you that needs to be taken care of.." He smiled.


"Shinwoo about this whole baby thing.. It- I mean the thing should've never been conceived in the first place..it was an accident. Plus, I'm to going to have a child, so I think I should just get an abort-"


"NO!" He shouted "you can't do that _____!"


"Why not, it's not like you'll care anyway!" I screamed back.

"Yes I will!"

"No you won't Shinwoo. If you actually cared you would've been faithful and wouldn't have cheated on me!" 


He turned silent.


"See every time I being it up you get all quiet, you act like you did nothing wrong. I don't get it! Why don't you just admit that what I walked in on actually happened and stop pushing it away from you!"  

 

"_____.." He started.


"No Shinwoo. You know if you actually cared you would leave me alone and get out of my life! I don't need you anymore just like you don't need me! So let's just forget that we were ever together!" I said as I got up from the bed and stormed out of the room.


"_____ baby, where are you going?" He asked following close behind me.


"Home." 


He grabbed my hand "then let me take you home, or please let's just talk about it..please ____ don't leave me!" 

"It's too late Shinwoo." I freed myself from his grasp and left.