This is it!

Twisted Fate

 

Now in her 5 months, Chaerin baby bump is starting to show, she was fixing some arrangement in one of their hotel venue. It has been a very busy week for her team, they have a very difficult client and has keep changing their mind and demanding them to follow it.

 

It’s now the third time that they have changed the flower arrangement and table settings. At this rate they will be lucky to have the place ready before the event in 2 hours’ time. Chaerin has not eaten yet and is starting to really feel the exhaustion and hunger.

Kris who has went out to get her some sandwhich and drink has yet to return. Before she pass out, out of hunger she decide to take a breather in one of the couch in the lobby.

While she was walking, she was starting to feel dizzy, she’s hoping that she can atleast reach one of the couches soon. So far this has been the only difficulty she has in her pregnancy, she easily get tired and dizziness happen if she not able to eat on time.

Fighting the wave of dizziness, Chaerin tried to call Kris on the phone but before the call can connect, she started to fall forward. She was surprised that instead of the floor a pair of arms is holding her. When she looks up, she was surprised that Jiyong is carrying her.

 

Jiyong having come out of the restaurant has seen Chaerin walking slowly, he felt something was off with her so he start to approach her, when he was about to reach out for her, he can see her starting to fall forward. He hurriedly catches her, upon seeing her pale face he immediately carry her to the couches.

“Chaerin! Chae!” Jiyong called out while shaking Chaerin

One of the waiters has approach him and offer a sniffing medicine that can wake Chaerin. When he put in her nose, Chaerin then has started to open her eyes.

“Jiyong” Chaerin whispered, she’s confuse why was Jiyong here

 

“Are you hurt? Should I bring you to the hospital?” Jiyong worriedly ask

Having heard hospital, Chaerin immediately speak out “No! I’m alright, I’m just tired. We have a party and I was busy arranging things”

“Party again, it’s that all you do? No wonder you’re tired. You know it won’t kill you to actually work” Jiyong irritatingly said

 

Chaerin who is confused to what Jiyong was saying, it seem he still doesn’t know about her situation. Her friends indeed have not told anyone, even to Yongbae which is Dara’s boyfriend.

“Thank you for your help, I’ll be fine now, you can go on your way.” Chaerin said while starting to sit up on the couch.

“You are definitely not fine or well. Look at you, you’re so pale, are you even eating” Jiyong demanded

“Look Jiyong, thank you for helping me, if you’re just going to nag you can just go please”

Chaerin is so pissed off with Jiyong nagging, she really want him to leave before he notice any more changes in her.

 

Jiyong sigh “I’m sorry, you got me so worried and I’m not handling this well” holding his nape

“Let me take you out to eat, it might help you with your dizziness” asked Jiyong hoping Chaerin will say yes

“No need, Kris will be here with my lunch” hoping the Jiyong will leave once she mentioned Kris

“Lunch! It’s already 3pm and you’re just going to have lunch! No wonder your dizzy, you probably skip lbreakfast too!” Jiyong exclaimed

Jiyong is getting confused why he is being work up with Chaerin conditioned. He’s probably just worried of her fainting that’s most probably why, Jiyong trying to rational his thought.

“Jiyong please…” getting more tired with Jiyong’s nagging, massaging her head

“I’m sorry” looking worriedly at Chaerin, he help her massage her head, wanting to ease her pain.

 

Chaerin was surprised to feel Jiyong hand on her head. His massage really felt great, and slowly easing the pain away. They sat together quietly with Jiyong continue massaging her head and Chaerin battling with herself again in telling Jiyong.

“Chaerin…” both looking up when they heard someone called out

 

Kris was running toward them with the food on his hand.

 

“Sorry I got late, the sandwich place got really crowded and they gotten your order wrong” said Kris looking at the two worriedly. Jiyong was glaring at him while Chaerin is feeling relive that he arrived.

“Thank you Kris” said Chaerin while taking the sandwich

“You should have gotten it earlier, she almost faint you know” Jiyong said

“Is true Chaerin, should we go the hospital? You know Bom Nuna will have my head if something happen to you and the baby” Kris looking worriedly at Chaerin

 

Having said the magic word, both Chaerin and Jiyong sat frozen. Chaerin is biting her lips to stop herself from lashing out to Kris. It’s like she is waiting for a bomb to drop in the name of Jiyong.

“Baby? Are you two having a baby?” Jiyong asked not knowing what say and feel. It’s like a wave of emotion coming into him, anger, jealousy and sadness. He doesn’t understand what it is his feeling.

 

“Huh? I’m Chaerin’s…” started Kris

“Kris, can you please check the venue both Lydia and Julia are not here, I need you to oversee it.” Chaerin said to Kris

“Ok, make sure you eat it, Bom nuna will be calling again later and ask” said Kris “Don’t forget we have a meeting with the client again at 4” then run away back to the venue

 

Chaerin open her sandwich and start eating it, not really tasting it but it’s better than talking to Jiyong. Jiyong getting more confuse on Kris and Chaerin relationship can only look at her while she’s eating. Getting her drink and putting straw on it, she gave it back to Chaerin.

“Eat slowly, you’re going to choke on it, here have a sip” Jiyong said

“So I take it it’s not your party?” asked Jiyong

“No, I’m an event coordinator now” said Chaerin while looking at her sandwich

“Isn’t harder for you now that you’re pregnant?”

“It’s fun but there are days like this but it is all good” Chaerin replied, she cannot understand what was going to Jiyong mind now.

 

Jiyong wanted to ask if it is his but at the same time is afraid to know the answer. If it is his, will he be ready to be a father. Just by the thought Jiyong is feeling tightness in her chest, he doesn’t if its happiness or anxiousness.

“Is it mine” Jiyong bravely asked while looking at Chaerin wanting to see her reaction

But Chaerin was still looking at her sandwich and not having any reaction from what Jiyong can see. Not seeing that Chaerin is eye has gone bigger than usual and her breathing has spike up.

“Please let me faint, please let me faint” Chaerin silently prayed.

 

____________

Sorry for the clip hanger, I was really busy yesterday and was not able to write anything

I was debating how to reveal the baby to Jiyong, and this suddenly came up to me this morning

Thank you again for reading, I think my chapter getting a bit longer now, or so I think hehehe

Need to prepare for work now!