Moving on...

Twisted Fate

 

Chaerin is now living with Bom, all her credit card and bank were freeze by her father. Not wanting to live off her friends, Chaerin went to find job much to Bom objection. Her friends want her to give birth first before looking for work. They are more than willing to help her out.

 

However, Chaerin is very persistent, she told them that she will probably get bored and depressed waiting for 9 months to come. She promise them that she will take care of herself and quit if it will endangered the baby.

She wishes that her family will like of her friends and support her as well. She waited for her father to calm down and tried to talk with them again, but her father refuses.

Her mother however, still keeps in contact with her, which give her hope that in time her father will understand as well.

 

One of the event company she has used before has hired her as of one the event coordinator even with her condition. The president himself was very impressed with Chaerin talent and creativity in each event they have handled together and they know she will be a great asset to their company. Her name alone can bring them number of clientele.

 

“Unnie you don’t have to drive me every day I can ride the bus or subway” Chaerin look at Bom worriedly “Your work is opposite from here”

Bom hold her hand “I can’t let you go out alone, what if something happen to you?” Bom pretend to cry

“Unnie nothing will happen to me I’ll be very careful” Chaerin pleaded

“Let unnie do this for you please!” Bom said while showing her aegyo

“I’m really blessed to have you guys in my life, thank you unnie” hugging Bom

“Anything for our baby Rin, but our baby already has a baby” cried Bom

“Aigoo, Bye unnie, take care” Chaerin then went out of the car

 

Chaerin was surprised when she was introduced to her team, she was given 2 female and 1 male assistance. She thought that she will only be a part of a team and not lead a team.

 

“Ms Park, I’m surprised that I’m leading a team despite my lack of experience. It’s not that I’m not thankful but it just caught me by surprised.” Explained Chaerin to Ms Park, head of human resource in her office.

“Glad you will take it as a challenge, but Mr Kim our President has seen your work and know you’ll do well.” Said Ms Park “It will also be much easier for you during your pregnancy.”

“Thank you for being understanding of me, I make sure to give you the best event” said Chaerin

“If you need further assistance, you’re welcome to come in anytime” Ms Park said while ushering Chaerin out of the office.

 

Chaerin has spent most of the day, studying and talking with her team about the event that was handed to them. It’s an engagement party for a son of a politician and they need to be able to impress the client and guest as this will be publicity for them.   

Everyday Bom will drop her off and after it will either be Dara, Minzy or Bom that will pick her up depending on time and availability.  Her work keeps her busy that enable her to not dwell on her situation and not to think of Jiyong most of the time.

She is really enjoying her work and her team member has been so nice and helpful to her. If she forgets to eat they will ensure to bring her food and drinks. Thanks to Bom who was able to talk them and has given them specific instructions. Now they are more scared of Bom than her.

 

3 months into her pregnancy, Chaerin team was meeting a client in one hotel café when she spotted Jiyong with another woman in his arm. He was laughing to whatever the girl was saying, when he reaches out to get his drink he’s eye has met Chaerin. They continue to stare till the girl Jiyong chest and broker their connection.

Luckily Chaerin client has arrived and she was able to divert her focus to them. Unfortunately for her, her morning sickness that always comes in the afternoon has again start to strike. She excuse herself and went to the bathroom.

 

When she went out, Jiyong was waiting for her.

“Long time no see” Jiyong wanted to play with her but noticing how pale she is he opted to just greet her.

Even if he wanted to deny it, he really misses their fight, having someone to call him out is like a breath of fresh air to him. Except for his friends, he is used to everyone praising and not telling him his wrong.

 

“Jiyong” whispered Chaerin, everytime she sees him, she always felt guilty. Wanting to tell him of her pregnancy yet scared of what will happen if he actually knows it.

“I never see you in one of our friends get together, have you been sick?, you look so pale” Jiyong worriedly ask her

Chaerin always make it a point not to go to their gathering if she knows Jiyong will be there.

 

“I have to go, I have a client” said Chaerin while walking away

“I went to your gallery and they said you no longer work there” Jiyong called out, stopping her in her tracks

“Why are you looking for me?” looking back at Jiyong

“You look for me once, it must have been important for you to come and find me” Jiyong replied while walking to Chaerin

 

Chaerin suddenly felt nervous and don’t know what to say. Is this the right time to tell him? Should she tell him?

“I…” before she can say anything more, Kris, Chaerin assistance has come for her.

“Chae, what took you so long, is there anything wrong? You look pale” Kris worriedly ask

 

“Is he you’re new boyfriend, you’re really into aspiring model. Haven’t you learn still, they just use you so that they can get your connection” Jiyong bitterly said

Jiyong doesn’t understand why, but as soon as he saw Kris worrying about Chaerin, his blood just suddenly boiled. And his stupid mouth again said something he shouldn’t have.

Yongbae already warm him to atleast be friends with Chaerin, as they are getting caught in between their fight. He keep telling him that Chaerin is a good girl and not the easy girl he is seeing her to be.

 

It’s only then that Kris notice Jiyong presence. Confuse and not knowing the situation, Kris look to Jiyong and Chaerin.

“Is he…” Chaerin then grab Kris arm not wanting him to reveal anything

“Let’s go Kris” said Chaerin, walking away from Jiyong

 

Chaerin took a deep breath and try to calm herself down before meeting her clients. She almost reveal it to Jiyong, she really wanted to say it then before Kris arrived.

Once Jiyong open his mouth, it just concluded what he really thinks of her. To him, she will always be an easy girl, he will never trust her even if she tell him the truth. He probably would not want the baby and it is better that he do not know.

Chaerin then rub her tummy and apologized to her baby for not being able to give the baby a father.

“I’m sorry baby, mommy will love so much that you will not be lacking of any love” Chaerin mumbled to herself.

 

Jiyong scratching his head get frustrated with himself for letting his mouth get away again. All he can do now is just look at Chaerin from the distance.

 

____________

Are you guys finding the chapter short?

Will try to make it longer next time, hopefully my frequent update will make up for the short chapters.

Thank you for reading again, you have made my writing debut very meaningful and fullfilling.