4

A Round Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Please note that since I started this story in 2014, everything from now on in this story happens during the year 2014 unless otherwise noted. And this includes the ages of everyone in the story. (i.e. Lee Kwang Soo is born in 1989, so he is 25 years of age)

--

5 YEARS LATER - 2014
Author's POV

It had been 5 years since the couple, Kaeun and Chen, were separated. Neither of them kept in contact with the another, both not realizing how time flew by so fast. However, that didn't mean that lingering feelings and wishes of the other weren't present in Kaeun and Chen's minds. The red string of fate would still tightly bind the two together and there was nothing that could be done. It was only a matter of time before the said couple would meet again and if possible, reconcile.

 

 

Today was the big day. It was the wedding of the Monday Couple, Song Jihyo and Kang Gary. My, were the two so in love, sneaking each other small glances and smiles ever since they ran into each other on a lovely Monday morning run. Hence, the nickname 'Monday Couple' stuck with the two. 

Kaeun was invited to their wedding as the maid of honor.

She had met Jihyo at a coffee shop when the two of them smacked into each other, a couple of days after Kaeun and Chen's breakup five years ago. It seemed like Kaeun was always meeting the people that were important to her at coffee shops. Both of their drinks had spilled on the other, leaving coffee stains all over their white blouses. It wasn't really a pleasant sight to see, but the two girls found the situation to be pretty amusing, seeing how they were both so rushed and frantic that they didn't notice the other in front of them. 

The two of them were able to laugh it out while apologizing to each other. And since they both realized that they seemed to be wearing similar  outfits, they soon figured out that they were going to head to the same destination - the police investigation training program. And soon enough, the two of them became good friends. 

Actually, the groom of the day was also in that very investigation training program. Maybe because back then Jihyo never really paid attention to the other classmates besides Kaeun, she never really noticed Gary. Gary was one of those people that had an average looking face, as one of his friends Yoo Jaesuk put it, a stereotypical Korean person that lived in the outskirts of the city. On first glance, you wouldn't think he would be the type to study at the investigation training program with specific training on how to make autopsy reports and those sort of things. Yes, prior to the training program, Gary was a certified surgeon and doctor who then decided to make use of his skills in the detective world. Anyhow, he probably felt like that was one of the best decisions of his life because that was how Jihyo was found. 

Jihyo was attracted to Gary's personality, one that was so optimistic about everything, yet on the other hand one that could be dead serious if he wanted to be. Peaceful. Gary was just that. He balanced out the enthusiastic Jihyo, who can be overly hyper about food

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter