1

A Round Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

A couple was running happily hand in hand, their mouths open due to nervousness and laughter. At first, you might think that they were filming for a drama as the girl was wearing a flowy, white dress, and the boy was dressed up neatly in a fitted black suit; both dashing randomly down a street. However, when you turn around and glance behind the odd couple, you'll notice that there were actually a number of men in black chasing after them.

The bouquet of flowers that was once in the girl's hand dropped to the ground.

Cart vendors on the streets were overturned by the men in black suits.

Passersby looked on at the disheveled scene.

Finally, the couple darted into a building, and opened a door leading to a room, where a professor was giving a speech. The boy took the girl's hand and stomped up to the podium. The professor was flabbergasted at the couple's arrival, but nevertheless welcomed them as the boy was one of his students. However, he seemed confused as to why they were all dressed up — like they just came from someone's wedding. Well, his questions were all answered when the boy reached into his pocket and took out a white sheet of paper, handing it to the confused professor. The girl looked nervous, her eyes darting all around the room, but quickly regained her composure when the boy turned to smile at his loved one and gently reassured her by whispering in her ear, "Trust me. I love you." She nodded as the boy turned to the class saying, "We will be having a wedding here today. I know it is very sudden, but we have our reasons as well. I hope you all understand and can bless us on our marriage. Thank you very much."

The boy turned around yet again, signaling for the professor to read the note he had just given him.

"The groom, Kim Jongdae, who is standing in front of me right now was my favorite student from my days of teaching the police force, before I became a professor teaching psychology. He's handsome and bright, and always had good grades.."

The girl, or now the bride, giggled silently at her to-be-husband for his trolling. Why would he write this about himself? Even the professor smiled after reading this out loud.

"Regardless of what their situation is, until their black hairs turn white, they promise in front of God and us today that they will love each other through any hardships."

After the couple vowed their love for each other, Kim Jongdae reached into his pocket yet again and this time took out two pairs of rings. He carefully slid one on his bride's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter