II

It's Hard Being a Blackjack

SBS Gayo Daejun 2013

There's not much to say here, I sang along with 2NE1 during their performance as usual. I bowed to them backstage. That's pretty much it. Also, I was hiding my excitement for Dara noona being one of the MC's. 

Also, I have great respect for the sunbae I look up to, CL. Pretty sure I said it in an interview before. EXO had only stayed for the first part of her performance with Lee Hyori sunbae because we had to get ready to perform, but wow, her rap was amazing. Kris hyung had his mouth open the whole time. I'm glad the camera men didn't get his reaction, otherwise we would get scolded. Really bad. 

After the Gayo Daejun, I was with Tao in the dressing room and he was checking his Instagram. Suddenly he started laughing evilly and I raised my eyebrow. 

"What the heck is it now?" I asked. 

Tao shoved his phone in my face and I see a picture of Dara, Heechul hyung, and Sung Si Kyung sunbae. The picture was posted by Heechul hyung and I read the caption. Praise, all this praise about Dara. Wow, WHAT A BOLD HYUNG. 'Bright Dara, bright bright Dara'? Please, I could've come up with a better caption!

"WHAT!?" I shouted. Tao bit his lip and grinned evilly once again.

Seriously, I have never been so jealous! I wasn't only jealous of the fact that Heechul hyung took a freaking SELFIE with THE Sandara Park, but because he also has the confidence to post such praise about her. I'm also jealous because he's the first SM artist to take a selfie with Dara... that I know of. To be honest, I wanted to be the first one, even though it would've been nearly impossible to take a picture together with Dara noona. And no, fan-taken pictures of us sitting next to each other like at MAMA 2013 doesn't count. 

Anyways, I was cursing Heechul hyung with all my heart. Just kidding, I wasn't SUPER mad at him. But yes, I was mad, and jealous. 

Then coincidentally, Heechul hyung walks in our dressing room as if fate is telling me to beat him up right then and there. Instead, I run up to him and clutch his arm, practically begging on my knees. For what exactly? Well...

"HEECHUL HYUNG PLEASE! SANDARA PARK SUNBAE'S NUMBER! CAN I HAVE IT?!" I cried.

"Huh? How do you know I have her number?" Heechul asked.

"Well because you guys have been working together so I would assume...-"

"Oh, you're right, I do have her number. And I'm not giving it to you." Heechul replied with that mischievous grin of his. 

"WHY!? HYUNG!"

"Get it yourself~" Heechul sang as he walked into the bathroom. 

And as I watched Heechul hyung's retreating back, I realized I was a really unlucky Blackjack. And this is only the beginning.