I

It's Hard Being a Blackjack

Right now, I'll only go back as far as MAMA 2013. I'll tell more stories about my 2NE1 encounters before MAMA 2013 later, but right now, I'll just focus on this event. 

Mnet Asian Music Awards 2013

I think I'm more anxious than the fangirls in this venue, I thought. I think the main reason why I'm always nervous around Dara is because she's Dara, obviously. Also, she's someone I actually admire but she doesn't notice me. I may be a member of EXO, which is the "in" group right now, but that doesn't matter when your idol doesn't even notice you even if you're so close yet so far. Is this how my fans feel? 

Anyways, I'm sitting in this loud venue full of screaming girls and Kris hyung is talking to me the whole time but I don't hear a word he's saying. Suddenly, I hear the screaming intensify and 2NE1 walks on the artist platform and I immediately get nervous. I start to bow immediately and so do the rest of the EXO members. I have never felt so starstruck! 

Dara noona stands next to the seat beside me and I bow to her personally. Don't ask why I did it because I assume you would know why. Because I like her! Duh! Anyways, it took me a lot of courage to do that. With everyone in the venue watching... Wait, now that I realize it... I FREAKIN' BOWED TO HER! PERSONALLY! IN FRONT OF THOUSANDS OF FANS! Wow, anyways, I did it and I don't regret it. It was a YOLO moment, basically. 

So Dara noona and Bom noona stand and wait to sit while CL comes and waves to the fans and bows to us. Kris hyung whispers a "dang" under his breath when he saw her and I'm not really surprised. The hyungs have a liking for CL. 

After all the greetings were done and we all sit down, I'm still starstruck. I didn't have to pull what I pulled two years ago at 2012 Gayo Daejun to get close to Dara. I just got lucky. 

Speaking of 2012 Gayo Daejun, I can't believe I even did those antics to get close to Dara! How embarrassing. 

Bla bla, time passes at the MAMA awards and 2NE1 is already about to perform and on the inside, I'm screaming as loud as those girls in the audience. If I wasn't a member of EXO, nevertheless an artist from their rival company, then I would be screaming my lungs out. 2NE1 starts singing "Lonely" and I'm excited like I'm sitting on the edge of my seat here and I'm staring intently at the monitor in front of us. Then after they sing "Lonely," their newest song at the time, "Missing You" comes on and I immediately start to get high on this good vibe. Like 10 seconds into the song, Kris hyung whispers, "Is this their new song?" and I just quickly nod my head. I don't have time for your stupid questions, Kris hyung. Of course it's their new song. It came out yesterday, (at the time) get it together, hyung!

Then for the remainder of the song, I guess I embarrassed myself even more by singing along to the song when the song had only been out for a day. 

Well that's my perspective. 

Oh, one more thing. Backstage after MAMA, we were all getting our stuff put together in our dressing rooms and Baekhyun asked me to get some ice since apparently I was the only one not doing anything. So I go to one of the ice dispensers in the lobby and I see Dara noona drinking some water out of a cup from the water dispenser. I immediately freeze and get all nervous but I wanted to at least talk to her! Oh yeah, and I needed to get ice. I casually walk to the freezer, which is next to the water dispenser, and get a pack of ice. I casually flash a small smile at her while I do and she smiled behind her paper cup. 

"I really liked your performance, Sandara-sunbaenim." I say nervously. YOLO, alright. 

"Ah, thank you...-" Dara noona replied. 

"Chanyeol. I'm EXO's Chanyeol."

"Yes, I've heard a lot about you!" She says as she giggles lightly. 

DANG IT! WHAT HAS SHE HEARD!?

"Ah, really? Well I'm a big fan of your's and I'm looking forward to more songs from 2NE1." I blurt out. I'm saying this out of respect for her as a fan and as a hoobae but at this point I've said too much so I cut to the chase. "Well I gotta go. Bye." I say quickly and bow. She smiles her usual awkward smile and waves as I retreat from the lobby. 

I practically sprint back to EXO's dressing room and I shut the door and throw Baekhyun his ice. I slump down on the couch and take deep breaths. 

"What happened?" Lay asks. 

"Dara noona, that's what happened."