The Hardest Part of Moving On

Forgotten

Jongin and Inhye spend the whole day by watching their favorite romantic comedy movies. They talk a lot, laugh a lot, and eat a lot. They never do that before. It was Chanyeol who spent his whole day listening to her stories, and accompany her to relieve her stress by watching movies. .

“We watch all movies we watched before. And it’s almost midnight…”

“I turn off my phone, I don’t know that it’s almost midnight already.”

“We haven’t spent hours together like this, just the two of us. It was always me and Chanyeol only.”

“Yea, because we almost never had time together.” Inhye and Jongin stare at each other, smile. “I miss you Inhye.”

Inhye feels that she drowned in his eyes. As he pulls her head closer towards him, they close their eyes and have a short but very regretful make out ever.

“We shouldn’t do that…” they say altogether.

“Inhye I’m sorry I was lost because…” Jongin pauses as he stares at her eyes. “I miss you… miss you so badly that I couldn’t tell. All I do these years is running away from everything we’ve done. I can do everything Jieun wants us to do because all the things she wants me to do are things we’ve done together. I couldn’t do those things with her because knowing that you lied on your bed, completely made me hard to think of her. When you were there, stood in front of me, smiling, completely fine, all I saw was you. All the feelings back, and when I see Jieun, I feel nothing. But watching what Kris did to you made me want to punch his face. Inhye I… I still love you.”

Inhye gulps at his words. She thinks she still loves Jongin, and the fact that he still loves her relieves her. However after what happened, she begins to doubt her belief on her feelings. She begins to open her heart for someone new, to accept the fact that Jongin has fiancée, to try to understand Kris in different ways, she wants to continue what she begins.

“Maybe it’s because you haven’t met me in years, and it feels like yesterday when I lost my best friend. And now we’re here, together. I feel like I’m eighteen again, and you… You feel guilty of what happened.”

Jongin laughs. “It was you who refuse to marry me. Why should I feel guilty? You know, when we talk about what happened years ago, we never agree on something because your version is different with mine!”

“Jongin I told you I forget what happened the night before our wedding! I woke up in hospital, then I rushed to the wedding. I know only that! I don’t even know why I was at the hospital!”

“You can ask the man you spent all your night with.” Jongin says as he leaves and slams the door.

“Was it Kris?”

 

Inhye drives her car to Kris’ apartment, but he isn’t there. She goes straight to the filming set, and he is there, studying his script.

“Excuse me, but fan is not allowed to enter the set.”

Inhye stops and glares at the bodyguard. “Then call Kris Wu. I have to meet him.”

The bodyguard laughs. “Then I have to meet Kim Taehee.”

“Call him!!!”

 

“Goo Inhye?”

 

Soohyun confuses to see Inhye on his filming set. Turns out Soohyun and Kris play in the same drama. “What are you doing?”

“I have to meet Kris. I need to ask him what he said to Jongin years ago.”

“Why it’s so important to you?” he asks in cold tone.

“I’ll tell you… but please… can I come in?”

“I know her Mr. Han.”

 

“It’s freezing! Why you didn’t bring your coat?”

“I was furious! I have no time to look for my coat. Look, I’m trying to understand that man, but facts about him which comes up to me always destroy it.”

“Ok, I don’t understand. Tell me what happened.”

“Ok, you can leave me for what happened in less than 14 hours.”

“Just tell me.”

“I was kissed by two guys. Kris and Jongin. My fault for had no idea what to do.”

“What’s the point you telling me that?!” He shouts at her. Fortunately, they have fight far from the set.

“Look I try to continue what I begin. I begin to date you, and all I want you to do is to understand that those two guys put me in an uneasy situation right now! If don’t tell you and one of those guys tell you what happened you would never want to hear the explanation from me. I try to keep this relationship on track even though I know it’s really hard because you date me. These guys won’t leave me alone. They think they still have those feelings, but I think it’s because I wake up. If I don’t wake up, then they’ll live their life happily! I know it! I should never wake up again!”

“Leave them, leave your circle.”

“I couldn’t make friends. No girl wants to make friend with a b*tch like me.”

Soohyun thinks really hard. He knows that leaving her inner circle will be really hard for her, but he hates it when he hears how those guys treat her. Soohyun has adored her since the first time he saw her during school orientation, now he has the chance to be with her and he will never let this only one chance go.

“Then let’s go public with our relationship.”

Inhye startles to hear his idea. “Mwoya, our first date was yesterday. We should think of it carefully, you are national sweetheart, I’ll get a lot of hates if we go public too soon.”

“So what do you want?”

“I beg you… to try to understand me. Because if you want this relationship to work, maybe I’ll hurt deeper, and you’ll lose your patience for just watching how this goes. The choice is in yours. I really want to begin a new start… with you…”

“It will be frustrating to face those guys, huh?”

She nods.

"And you only want me to watch?"

"This is my battle, just fill me some energy."

“Ok, we’ll see how far we’ll come.”

They smiles. “Thank you, for taking a risk for just an old woman like me.”

Soohyun takes her hand. “We are just five years apart. So stop calling yourself old.”

“I feel old to face those two immature guys. I guess I've just found the reason why it's hard for someone to move on.”

"What it is?"

"When you know that someone still waiting for you in the place you left."