Chapter 8

All About Forver

A/N Last Warning- last warning for gore as this is the last chapter! Enjoy (: 

 

    The horrific things he saw in those basements never left his mind. While his team spent the rest of the week sorting through all of the equipment, files, paper work, and people

    The captain was pleased with the work they did and after Shin Hye’s press conference on Friday they would be able to officially got to the Board of Government with enough evidence to, almost certainly get the RCM production and experimentation shut down. 

    But Eli was not happy. All he could think about were the dozens of other decaying bodies that still contained consciousness. Each face at a different stage of decomposition, but each person with a similar story. 

    Kathy Brookes, who was only twelve years old, told of the same agonizing pain and torture that Martin Stanford, the sixty-nine year old plumber, recalled. 

    Those face haunted him as he tried to sleep; even though the experiments would be stopped, he could not help but feel as though they were still too late, two years too late. 

    The public was riled up and antsy on Friday morning. Over the past week they had read numerous articles showing controversy against the RCM, courtesy of Heechul, along with the big press release the previous day covering the raid at the old laboratory. Shin Hye’s appearance was the topping on the cake. 

    Eli stood reassuring on the side lines along with Soohyun and Minho. All of them were just as anxious. 

    Finally the crowd’s chatter settled down to a hush and a man in a lab coat wheeled a thoroughly decomposed Shin Hye onto the stage. She was much worse than when Eli and Soohyun had seen her last. Now she was in a wheelchair, as he leg muscles were too far gone to support her weight anymore. 

    For the first time ever, the busy, bustling town center of New Boston was dead silent. Nobody spoke a word, and it seemed as though everyone held their breath. 

    Shin Hye broke the silence. “My name is Shin Hye Park and one month ago I was murdered.” 

    Like I wave the silence was broken and everyone was talking. 

    Eli supposed that meant he did his job; they were all talking about the RCM, and for once, they were all actually seeing the consequences. But unlike history, not only were they seeing the impossible, but they were believing it. 

    “So then what happened?”

    “Dr. Yoshiko and all the scientists were sent to jail and are awaiting trial, why must you ask me? You do read the news papers right?”

    Hoon chuckled. “Yeah, but you are one of the detectives from the front lines, maybe you know some juicy little secrets that the police are keeping out of the papers.” 

    “You wish.” Eli replied with a smirk.

    “What about Shin Hye?” 

    “Even I don’t know that.” Eli looked down dejected. “They are still working on getting all the tapped souls out of their bodies...”

    Hoon sighed and patted his friends back. “And your partner? Is he still an ?”

    “Yup, but so are you.”

    “.”

    “Love you too.”

    Hoon laughed and ordered them another round of beers. That night, it was on him.

 

PUBLIC NOTIFICATION

    The United Police Task Force of Sector Eight would like to notify the public of the halt in production and experimentation with the Restoration Circuit Manipulator (RMC). As of May fourth, 2078, the Board of Government in Sector Eight has officially declared that all further affiliation with the RCM and all devices like it to be considered illegal under the law of Sector Eight. Peoples caught affiliating with these now prohibited items with be sent in for processing and put to trial based on the severity of their crimes. 

    Furthermore, the Bored of Government in Sector Eight would like to officially thank the Homicide Unit (H.U.S.E.) for all of their work. For further information please visit the Board of Government’s website www.BoG/sectoreight.org or call at 1-888-555-2405.

 

A/N - NOT A REAL WEBSITE OR PHONE NUMBER! (; lol 

 

The End.