Chapter 4

All About Forver

    When Eli woke up the next morning he found himself once again curled up in his bed with a blaring head ache. This time when Eli went out into the living room he found a note on the table from Hoon thanking him for the fun time. 

    Eli went into the bathroom and washed his face before grabbing his phone. 

    “....” The clock on his phone said 10:36, two hours after he needed to be to work. 

    Unluckily for Eli, the next couple of days at work were particularly swamped.  It wasn’t until Friday, the first of April, that Eli had time to even mention what had happened with Minho and Shin Hye to his captain, and unfortunately, that had not gone over so well. 

    “I’m sorry Eli, but the most I can do for you is pass your report along to Officer Lee in the Crimes Unit, this is their case.”

    “But-”

    “I’m sorry.” 

    Eli sighed in frustration and confusion as he sat back down at his desk. He did not know what he was supposed to do now. He promised Minho and Shin Hye eh would-

    “What were you telling Captain?” Eli’s head shot up at the surprising question. Even more surprising was the person who asked it.

    “Soohyun?”

    “What?” he asked gruffly. “It’s not that surprising. What were you talking to captain about? I thought I heard you say RCM is all.” 

    “Um, yeah....” After a moment Eli handed his report over to Soohyun and gave him a quick briefing about what had happened. 

    He watched as Soohyun’s eyes slowly widened and as his fist roughly clutched the files, getting tighter as he read more. 

    “You need to do something about this.” Eli was surprised to see the fierce passion in Soohyun’s eyes. When he thought about going to his team member before with this report, he never had expected Soohyun to be the one this passionate about this. 

    “What can I do? Captain said that it’s not our case, the only thing we can do is hand this over to Crimes.” 

    “Not our case my . We are homicide and what these scientists are doing is worse than murder. Captain, we have gotta’ do something.” 

    Putting aside his distaste for his partner, Eli finally asked, “But what?”

    “I have an idea.” With that Soohyun turned and walked out of the office. Not knowing what else to do, Eli, reluctantly, followed him. 

    After another awkward car ride, Soohyun finally pulled up outside of a large building in the center of New Boston. 

    “Where are we?” Soohyun did not even spare him a glance and continued walking swiftly inside the building. “.” 

    On the twenty-third floor they got off the elevator and entered a room titled “Press Publishing.” A few rooms later, and after passing many bustling people, they arrived at an office. 

    Soohyun stormed in and slammed the door behind him. Awkwardly Eli pulled the door back open before heading inside and, this time, gently closing the door. 

    The inside of the office was relatively high end looking; the dark wood furniture contrasted nicely with the white washed walls and glass windows overlooking the city. The fresh green potted plants that lined the windowsill also gave off a fancy feeling to the office. 

    In the center of the room stood a fuming Soohyun who was standing over a perfectly content man who easily ignored the person towering over him and continued to work. 

    After a moment of silence Soohyun threw the report onto the person’s desk and exclaimed, “You need to do something about this.”

    “It’s nice to see you to Soohyun, I haven’t seen you since Sarah’s-”

    “Heechul.” Soohyun growled at him. 

    “Yes, yes, yes, I won’t talk about it. You know, that wasn’t very nice though. Ignoring your close friend of ten years just because-” The man, or Heechul, stopped as he watched Soohyun sigh and drop down into the chair in front of his desk. 

    “Um...” Eli finally spoke up. 

    Heechul’s sharp, cat-like brown eyes shot up from his desk to meet Eli. “I’d didn’t know you brought company Soohyun.”

    “Eh, I’m Eli Kim, I’m um, Soohyun’s partner.”

    “Hm,” Heechul raised an eyebrow at him and glanced quickly between Soohyun and Eli before continuing, “well, I’m Heechul-”

    “He’s a reporter.” 

    Heechul turned his nose up at Soohyun and went back to scribbling on his desk. Eli turned to Soohyun. “A reporter?” That was brilliant. 

    “So what are you boys here for today, hm? It is not often that I get visits from this jack ,” he waved his hand at Soohyun, “so it must be something interesting.” 

    “Its actually about the RCM-”

    “You need to get this published.” Soohyun slammed his hand down on Heechul’s desk and pointed at the report. 

    Half-interested Heechul picked up the report and with a skeptical look at Soohyun, began to read threw it. 

    Just like Soohyun, Heechul's eyes widen dramatically as he read the report. When he finally finished and set it down his face was pale and his eyes were locked with Soohyun’s. 

    “Is that really-”

    “Yeah.”

    Eli watched as they seemed to have a silent conversation together. 

    “So, can you help?” Again, Eli found himself under the scrutinizing stare from Heechul. 

    “Of course I can.” Heechul replied cockily.     

    “So what do we need to do then?” 

    “The first step for you, is set me up a meeting with Shin Hye Park.”