Chapter 5

All About Forver

A/N Warning - Like in the previous chapter, this chapter also has the same level of "gore" that the other chapter had. If this offends or grosses you out, please turn back, you have been warned! 

 

 

    It did not sound as daunting when Heechul had said it in his office, but as he stared down the driveway leading back to Minho Choi’s apartment, Eli felt nervousness race through him. 

    This time he was not alone though, Soohyun was with him. Slowly they made their way up to the apartment, and by the time they arrived, Eli’s hand was soaked with sweat. 

    “Shut up.”

    Surprised Eli looked at Soohyun. “I didn’t say anything.”

    “No but I could hear you thinking.”

    Before he could reply Soohyun rang the door bell and moments later a tired looking Minho opened the door. 

    They entered the apartment and this time they could smell the rotting stench all the way from the first living room. Things seemed to be getting worse here. 

    Shin Hye was sitting on the couch staring out the window. It was obvious that her body had deteriorated more over the past week. With out the scientists to keep it well contained and preserved, she was rotting faster and faster in Minho’s house. 

    After a couple more steps into the room he realized that Soohyun was not following him. He turned around and saw a pain stricken Soohyun.

    He knew it was a hard sight to take in. When he first saw her remembered standing frozen for minutes before he was able to come to terms with what he was seeing. Hearing about it was one thing, but seeing it, smelling it, was completely different. 

    Once Soohyun snapped out of it they were able to sit down and began talking to Shin Hye. 

    “Did you figure out how to cure her?” Minho’s desperate words were the first to break the silence. 

    “No...” Eli said with remorse, “but we do have an idea that can help stop the experiments and hopefully prevent anything like this from happening again.” 

    Shin Hye finally turned her attention to them. “So, you can’t help me?”

    “I’m afraid, we haven't been able to talk to anyone yet who can. The most pressing matter right now is trying to get the production and experiments with the RCM stopped.” Eli remembered back to the conversation he had with Heechul. 

    Heechul had reminded him of the deadline for the reopening of the case regarding the RCM. In less than one month the case would be reopened, and if Shine Hye did not help them out here, and go along with Heechul’s plan, they did not know what else they could do. 

    “And how do you want to do that?” Minho spoke up again.

    “There is a reporter named Heechul and he-”

    “No.” Eli looked up and met Shin Hye’s eyes. He felt an uncontrollable shiver go down his spine as he stared into her milky eyes. 

    “W-what?”

    “You want me to go public.”

    “Well, yes, that’s the plan-”

    “No. I won’t do it.” Shin Hye stood up to leave. 

    “Wait,” Eli called, “please. We really need you.”

    “You need me? Think about my family, think about my fans! What are they going to think, how devastated will they be? I was beautiful-” her voice broke. “Now I’m....” She looked down at herself and began crying. 

    Minho help her awkwardly, his desperate eyes shinned up at Eli. “What are we supposed to do?”

    “You make it right.” Eli looked over at his partner who had finally spoken. His eyes gleamed with pain and hurt as he looked directly into Minho’s eyes. “You go public.”

    “I can’t-” Shin Hye sobbed. 

    “You have to.” Eli had never seen his partner like this. 

    For a few more minutes they sat in silence, minus the soft sobs escaping from Shin Hye. 

    “Shin Hye... we need you.” Eli finally spoke again, this time softly. 

    This time he did not flinch when her dead eyes looked into his. “What do you need me to do?”

    Heechul’s plan was simple, but brilliant. The best way to get information out fast was threw news, and threw the internet. Heechul knew that if people just read about it, they would not believe it; the key part of this plan was to make it believable to the public. The people of Sector Eight, the people of New Boston, needed to see what was happening behind closed doors with the RCM and the Regional Science and Technology Fellowship. 

    Eli had never felt this strongly about anything else ever before in his life. He needed to make this right. He needed to help. 

    Heechul wanted to hold a press conference, he wanted to hold one right in the busiest center street in New Boston. He wanted people to see, up close, what was real. 

    The plan was set, on April twentieth, one week before the reopening of the RCM production, Shin Hye would go before everyone and tell her story. 

    From now until then it would be Eli and Soohyun’s job to get the H.U.S.E. and the rest of the police department to find and arrest Dr. Yoshiko and his scientists performing the experiments.