01

Stranded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTERONE   

 

"Ugh."

Was the first thing Song Minhee said when seeing the door of her new office.

It was closed.

Which meant she actually had to open it.

"Curse you, Lee Sooman," She grumbled as she tried to reach for the door handle through the mountain of boxes in her arms. "And curse your stupid idea of switching the work teams."

It was the middle of the year, and the plan of switching up the work teams of SMT Group had just been issued by the president, Lee Sooman. To Minhee, this meant nothing but the bothersome task of packing all her stuff up from the second floor and carrying them all the way to the twelfth.

The other employees had it easy: They either didn't have much to bring with them or were assigned new offices that were close to their old ones. And then there were the lucky female employees who just so happened to be attractive enough to get some males to move their stuff for them.

Song Minhee wasn't one of them, obviously.

"Oomph."

A strange mixture of grunts and sighs sounded through the twenty-one-year-old's mouth as she managed to kick open the door. Thank goodness she had came late enough for no one to see her silly sight.

... Maybe a bit too late.

"Oh, God." Minhee muttered under her breath.

There were seven desks in the spacy office, and five of them were occupied. She had been one of the last two to arrive on the new team's first day together.

Minhee wanted to slap herself. Of all seven people, it just had to be her. One of the Last Two.

It was just a thing in SMT Group, one would say. The last two members of a team to arrive on the first day of work would basically be destined to be the team's shamed lower class. In other words, Minhee was going to have to carry out all of the team's favors for the rest of the year.

She was this year's coffee girl.

"Song Minhee-sshi, can you please get me a cup of coffee?"

Minhee cringed. It was starting already.

She gave a curt 'Yes, ma'm' before quickly hurrying to one of the two empty desks in the room, avoiding all the intimidating stares at her. Just a few minutes ago, she had been planning on what desk to take in the new office. The window seat was nice, but could damage your skin during the summer. The desk closest to the door gave you a few early seconds to get out for lunch, but it was also the one desk people would see when first entering the office, and Minhee absolutely hated being looked at so often... much less being the center of attention.

All in all, she had decided that any seat was fine, as long as it wasn't in the very middle. Getting squished in the middle of more than one person was absolutely devastating.

Minhee looked at her desk. It was in the middle.

With a sigh, she set all her belongings down onto the desk. This was the worst she had imagined a first work day to be like. Who would've known the first thing that greeted her from the office wasn't a 'hi' or 'welcome', but a 'can you please get me a cup of coffee?'

And how had that lady known her name?

Minhee gave a small frown before turning to look at the young woman who had just requested the coffee. And before she could make any single judgement about the woman, a single title immediately ran through her head to make her freeze.

The Boss.

"Sit down, Minhee-sshi. You don't want to keep me waiting while you unpack your belongings this slowly."

Minhee swallowed a gasp. Once again, everyone in the room turned to look at her. "Y-Yes, ma'm. Sorry." She practically threw her down onto her chair and started unpacking the things from her boxes.

When e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter