The Jerk and his sidekick

The Jerk and his sidekick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi all, I had to republish this chapter because I found the last part really very anti-climatic. I actually cringed when I re-read it, so I really can't imagine how you can read it and still not complain about it. I don't know what possesed me to write that below-expectations(low quality) part, but anyway, I had it edited so that Kyuhyun doesn't look so noob and a crybaby now. I understand I've neglected this fic like alot, but I've already warned you beforehand, so you can probably bear with me. However, I'm still grateful for your support, though I'm not sure if there are any readers around anymore. 

Lastly, I will be updating this fic within these few days since I have more time during my hols. Meanwhile, you can re-read this story from the beginning in case you've already forgotten the plot. Thank you for your time! :)
 

 

 



Hyukjae's eyes were cold and unfeeling. "You're worthless. I don't need you as my sidekick anymore."

Kyuhyun stared at him in disbelief, "Hyukjae, you're kidding right? That's not funny." Kyuhyun reached out to grasp hyukjae's hand, only to have the older dodge his advances sharply. He felt a wave of panic as he realised that hyukjae wasn't kidding. Voice quavering, and almost close to begging, he reached out again, and this time, he caught the older's hand. "Hyukjae-ah, tell me what I did wrong, I promise I'll change! Please!"

Ignoring kyuhyun's pleas, the older tugged his hand away and turned to leave. "Do Ki-nam was right. You were just a dog to me. Now I don't need you anymore."  

Kyuhyun could only watch helplessly as the older got further and further away, leaving him prey to Do Ki-nam's man, who were closing in on him.

The younger squeezed his eyes tightly shut, preparing for the worse to come. 

Kyuhyun woke up with a loud gasp. His forehead sweating profusely, and his heart thumping madly in his chest. He had just dreamt of the worst nightmare ever. 

"Kyu, are you okay?" Ryeowook asked in a concerned voice.

Kyuhyun glanced up and saw his best friend looking worriedly at him. He gave the latter a reassuring smile and answered, "I'm fine, wook. Thanks for earlier."

Ryeowook released a sigh of relief and smacked Kyuhyun on the arm, successfully earning a whine of protest from the younger, "Thank goodness, I thought you were dead or something." Then he pushed the younger over to the side, to make space for himself, before planting himself onto the bed shamelessly. "You shouldn't thank me, you should thank your knight in shining armor, Lee Hyukjae-shii. Preferably with a kiss." And he began making annoying kissy faces.

Kyuhyun blushed a bright shade of red, and elbowed his best friend as hard as he could. "Stop spouting nonsense, you idiot."

The latter screamed in pain, craddling his poor hip, "Yah Cho Kyuhyun!! Is this how you repay your saviour?"

"Serves you right for teasing me," Kyuhyun replied with a childish pout. Crossing his arms over his chest, the younger's eyes darted curiously about the nurses' room, searching for someone.

"He left already." Ryeowook eyed the younger knowingly.

"What?! Why?" Those words left Kyuhyun's mouth before he could control himself. Damn it. Kyuhyun felt his face flush hotly and he quickly brought up both hands to clamp his mouth shut before he could say anything stupid again. 

Seeing Ryeowook snicker at him, Kyuhyun had the strong urge to whack his bestfriend across the head. "Kim Ryeowook. " He hissed through gritted teeth, warningly, hands getting ready to grab the latter's phone and cause some serious damage to it.

"Hahaha okay, spare my phone!" Ryeowook raised both hands in surrender while trying to suppress his laughter. It was funny to see how easily Kyuhyun became flustered and embarassed because of his crush, and yet the younger always refuses to admit it.

Wiping the tears from the corner of his eyes because he had laughed too hard just now, ryeowook supplied helpfully, "I had to force hyukjae-shii to leave, otherwise, the poor nurse would probably pee on her pants or skirt, if you prefer, if he remained there."

"Huh?" Kyuhyun tilted his head to the side and blinked a few times(cutely), not really getting what Ryeowook meant.

"Well," Ryeowook threw his hands up exasperatedly, "That dude literally bored a hole through the nurse when she was taking care of your wounds. Do you know how exaggerated he was? He might as well have taken a knife and threaten her with it. Since Hyukjae-shii was making the nurse so nervous, she may have accidentally pressed on your wound harder than necessary, and just because you gave a whimper unconsciously- " The petite boy paused and rolled his eyes, " -he grabbed her and threatened to throw her out of the window. Can you believe it?? How cool is that?" Ryeowook clutched his heart dramatically. "Tsk tsk. You lovebirds should seriously just get married already."

Kyuhyun's eyes widened and his mouth hung open in awe as he listened to Ryeowook's recount. Wow. Hyukjae was that worried for him? Just WOW.  Kyuhyun felt like his brain couldn't really function as a flood of emotions resembling sweetness and happiness rushed into him. He couldn't deny that he was touched by what h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter